Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

After submitting documents

After submitting documents

Old Oct 25th 2017, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

red_onion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After submitting documents

HI all, I had my interview this past Friday 20/10/2017. I was asked to submit joint sponsor form I-864 as they would not accept my employment letter for self sponsorship and school leaving certificate etc.
I have sent those docs today to the embassy here in London. I know these things are subjective but does anyone know how long it will take to process?

Thanks
Old Oct 25th 2017, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After submitting documents

Originally Posted by red_onion
HI all, I had my interview this past Friday 20/10/2017. I was asked to submit joint sponsor form I-864 as they would not accept my employment letter for self sponsorship and school leaving certificate etc.
I have sent those docs today to the embassy here in London. I know these things are subjective but does anyone know how long it will take to process?

Thanks
Pretty tricky to answer, same as asking about the length of a piece of string as it will depend on their workload and internal process.

If I was to hazard a guess I'd say 1-2 days for docs to arrive at the embassy, couple of days for it to reach an IO's desk and from then on a few more days for them to process etc.

Did you they take your passport or do you have to send that in later on?
Old Oct 25th 2017, 3:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Pretty tricky to answer, same as asking about the length of a piece of string as it will depend on their workload and internal process.

If I was to hazard a guess I'd say 1-2 days for docs to arrive at the embassy, couple of days for it to reach an IO's desk and from then on a few more days for them to process etc.

Did you they take your passport or do you have to send that in later on?
They have his passport as mentioned in an earlier posting.

I go with Ben's deduction. No way to judge the length of time until you receive your passport back.

Glad you were able to quickly turn the documents around and get them back to the immigration division at the US Embassy. Here's hoping for a return of passport with visa within the next ten days.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 4:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I would estimate something around 2 to 3 weeks.

Rene
Old Oct 25th 2017, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

LandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
When I was 221(g)'d the other week because Knightsbridge Doctors didn't send my medical records on time, it took 2 days from when they were couriered to the embassy for my status to change to "Issued". Perhaps it's a little more time for them to review an I-864 but I don't see why it would be, since my I-864s and supporting docs clearly passed muster after no more than a quick glance from the consular officer.

Hopefully they are equally as responsive in your case!
Old Oct 25th 2017, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point

They were required asset proof following my interview. Emailed to them later that day and had my CR-1 approved just over a week later. This was last month. They did say it may take a couple of weeks.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all for prompt response and good wishes. I have a good friend in St. Louise who’s able to FedEx supporting docs in a couple of days! Fingers crossed all is good to approve. I’ll update this tread.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 3:24 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for prompt response and good wishes. I have a good friend in St. Louise who’s able to FedEx supporting docs in a couple of days! Fingers crossed all is good to approve. I’ll update this tread.
You're welcome. Just fyi, there is no 'e' in Louise if you are talking about St. Louis, MO
Old Oct 26th 2017, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Brownie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I received a 221g after my interview on 16/10/2017, regarding our joint sponsor.

The embassy said I could email the documents, so I emailed them on 24th in the evening. The date on CEAC updated on the 25th, but the status was still 'Administrative Processing'. Then this morning the status changed from 'Administrative Processing' to 'Issued'.

Hopefully you get an update soon!
Old Oct 26th 2017, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Brownie87, that is pretty quick. Congratulations!!
Old Oct 26th 2017, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Brownie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Brownie87, that is pretty quick. Congratulations!!

Thank you!