JFK Experience Oct 17

Old Nov 1st 2017, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking JFK Experience Oct 17

As an FYI

Flew in on the BA113 last night to JFK T7. Arrived at 8.30pm. Had positioned my seat to be one of the first ones off

Was directed to the line for first time ESTA entry etc. Caught the tail end of an Air France arrival, but line was only 6 people. Took my USC wife with me.

Very friendly guy at the desk. No questions asked before stamping my passport. Had a nice chat and he appologised that he couldnt change our address on his system.

Baggage nice and quick, but i did have priority tags.

We were making our way out of the Avis lot 50 mins after arrival and that included taking the Air Train from T7 to the rental car centre. Even the traffic to Princeton was on our side, but it was late at night

Now off to look at places to rent and cars to lease
Old Nov 1st 2017, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

LandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JFK Experience Oct 17

Originally Posted by Chins
As an FYI

Flew in on the BA113 last night to JFK T7. Arrived at 8.30pm. Had positioned my seat to be one of the first ones off

Was directed to the line for first time ESTA entry etc. Caught the tail end of an Air France arrival, but line was only 6 people. Took my USC wife with me.

Very friendly guy at the desk. No questions asked before stamping my passport. Had a nice chat and he appologised that he couldnt change our address on his system.

Baggage nice and quick, but i did have priority tags.

We were making our way out of the Avis lot 50 mins after arrival and that included taking the Air Train from T7 to the rental car centre. Even the traffic to Princeton was on our side, but it was late at night

Now off to look at places to rent and cars to lease
Many congratulations, Chins, and thank you for providing this review of your POE experience. It's great that it went so smoothly, with no need to go to secondary inspection and wait for ages by the sound of things. I'm hoping for a similar experience next month, though I will be arriving on the BA flight *after* yours at around 10.30PM I believe, when there may well be less CBP officers on duty. Like you, my wife and I have chosen our seats strategically to be quick off the plane.

Thanks again for your report, and best of luck to you in Connecticut!
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 3:12 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

For those that are unaware of Chins immigration visa ... they were on a CR-1.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 3:13 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LandOfLincoln
Many congratulations, Chins, and thank you for providing this review of your POE experience. It's great that it went so smoothly, with no need to go to secondary inspection and wait for ages by the sound of things. I'm hoping for a similar experience next month, though I will be arriving on the BA flight *after* yours at around 10.30PM I believe, when there may well be less CBP officers on duty. Like you, my wife and I have chosen our seats strategically to be quick off the plane.

Thanks again for your report, and best of luck to you in Connecticut!
Princeton is in New Jersey.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

LandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond reputeLandOfLincoln has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Princeton is in New Jersey.
Oh gosh, I'm a moron. Was thinking of Yale. That'll teach me to post on here late at night when I'm tired