IR1 Approval :)

Old Jun 16th 2017, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

chris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default IR1 Approval :)

We are approved!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here for the help with the journey so far and to give a run down of our experience.

I had my interview on the 30th May at the London Embassy(could have had as early as 20 April but was out of the country and only had 5 days back in the UK in a month and needed my passport), all went very well and the actual time in front of a human was all of about 7 minutes!

Got to the embassy at 11:20 for a Midday appointment, I arrived and signed in at the Tent area outside the security office. We then were asked to wait for 15 minutes outside, luckily it wasn't raining, before heading through security (there were maybe 7 or 8 of us total)

I went through security 3rd in line and walked round the side of the embassy and went through the entrance to receive a ticket number which was my ticket number going forward for the day. (if in a rush, do your best to get to the front of the security line as you get your ticket in that order, when I left people who were only two or three behind me in the queue had only just had their paperwork seen)

I went and sat in the waiting area to be called to the first window. There were maybe 25 people total in the room and i was expecting alot more but it was all calm and relaxing which helped calm the nerves a little.

I arrived in the waiting area at about 11:50 and was waiting there for maybe 25-30 minutes before being called up to the window where I was greeted by a polite but very direct and efficient lady asking for all my information and paperwork piece by piece in order (I spent a couple of minutes nervously faffing trying to get my paperwork for her as she requested it). It was a methodical process and I had photocopied everything but there were certain photocopies she didn't require so she gave me them back, these were specifically my proof of assets from my I864.

Everything was in order for my paperwork so I was sent to the window next to mine to pay my visa fee which was to be charged in US Dollars, so a little tip here would be to try and use a no charge FX credit card to save yourself a few quid on the charges. I used my Halifax Credit Card that doesn't charge for foreign purchases and gives the latest exchange rate, there was no charge at the embassy for using a credit card either.

So I was at the docs and payment windows for about 10-15minutes max, after which I returned to my seat in the waiting area, with a couple of forms and proof of fee payment, where the amount of people waiting had not changed much, now about 20 people. (seems if you want a relaxed and chilled atmosphere take the later appointments)

I was sitting down for about 30-40minutes before being called up to the same window but there was a different lady sitting there this time. It was an american lady this time and she asked me some very conversational questions about how I met my wife and why we wanted to move. She typed on the keyboard whilst we chatted for maybe 2 or 3 minutes max and then she stacked my file and said she was very happy to confirm my visa was approved and I should receive my passport and docs within a couple of weeks.

I left the embassy with a little pep in my step knowing it was approved but with a weird sinking feeling in my stomach that it was all really going to happen now, most likely nerves.

I had requested to have my docs and passport delivered to one of the DX secure locations and because I was away for two weeks working I placed my fathers name a verified secure person to collect them.

Docs and Passport were delivered to the secure drop within a week of approval and i'm heading over to them tomorrow to collect it.

I just wanted to say thanks so much to everyone for their help so far and i'm sure I'll continue to check in here going forward.

Also, if any one has any questions on my experience feel free to use this thread to ask away.

Chris

13/1/17 - i130 Petition Sent
17/1/17 - Medical Records Requested
17/1/17 - Police ACRO Report Requested
17/1/17 - i130 Petition Received (Post Office Tracked)
20/1/17 - USCIS London Email Confirming Receipt
23/1/17 - Medical Records CD Collected from GP
26/1/17 - Police ACRO Certificate Arrived
27/3/17 - i130 Approval Arrived (Dated 25/3/17)
1/4/17 - LND Number arrived
3/4/17 - Medical & Visa Interview Booked
11/4/17 - Medical at Knightsbridge Doctors
Delayed Visa Interview Due to Work
30/5/17 - US Embassy Interview - APPROVAL!
05/06/17 - DX Secure Deliver Docs & Passport
Old Jun 16th 2017, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IR1 Approval :)

Originally Posted by chris23
We are approved!
Outstanding! Well done.

Ian
Old Jun 16th 2017, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

aless02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! Congrats!

Did you need photocopies of documents (i.e., original AND photocopies) as I've read they just make copies anyway. We don't really have access to a copier, so I'm loathe to go pay for 50-75 pages of photocopies we don't really need...
Old Jun 16th 2017, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

chris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aless02
Thanks! Congrats!

Did you need photocopies of documents (i.e., original AND photocopies) as I've read they just make copies anyway. We don't really have access to a copier, so I'm loathe to go pay for 50-75 pages of photocopies we don't really need...
They specifically asked at the desk for originals and photocopies. The main docs they required this on were, marriage cert, birth cert and police cert. I had photo copied everything including the i864 and all the docs for that but they didnt ask for that from me.

I personally wouldn't have felt comfortable going in there without it all photo copied in case they asked for it. But each to their own.
Old Jun 16th 2017, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aless02
We don't really have access to a copier...
A scanner would work just fine if you have one.

Ian
Old Jun 16th 2017, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! All the best going forward
Old Jun 16th 2017, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

AndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMan74 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Chris

And a big thanks for posting such a detailed description of your visit(that will come in handy for the wife).
Old Jun 16th 2017, 6:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and boy that was quick. Just about 5 months from filing. Nice going.
Old Jun 17th 2017, 9:26 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

DCF certainly sounds like a breeze for those who are able to use it.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Congratulations and boy that was quick. Just about 5 months from filing. Nice going.
Pretty routine case I would assume and thanks to this site we had all the right stuff ready at the right time!
Old Jun 19th 2017, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AndyMan74
Well done Chris

And a big thanks for posting such a detailed description of your visit(that will come in handy for the wife).
No problem at all.