IR-1 Interview today

Old Jul 19th 2017, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Aberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of light
Default IR-1 Interview today

Had my interview today and was pre-approved pending medical results.
Got there at 10am to very long lines which did not seem very organized and waited for 25 minutes before a woman from the Visa Unit was checking appointments for 10.30am. She rushed me to the front of the queue and then security.
Got my ticket at 10.40am and sat down, at 10.45am I was called with my documents to a very nice woman and she processed them and gave me the ticket to pay. Paid my $325 and went and sat back down at 10.55am. Sat down waiting for the interview and before I knew it at 11.00am I was called up. Spoke to interviewer and he only asked for my original I-407 form and told me I was approved pending medical, as they hadn't sent them over yet. I walked out the Embassy at 11.10am.
Off for a celibately lunch πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Old Jul 19th 2017, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

viitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IR-1 Interview today

YAY! Amazing news! Congrats!
Old Jul 19th 2017, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Fabulous! Congratulations!
Old Jul 19th 2017, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

viitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond repute

Aberdeenoakie - Did you take copies of everything with you because i've seen a lot of people say they didn't need to?
Old Jul 19th 2017, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Aberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of lightAberdeenokie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by viitav
Aberdeenoakie - Did you take copies of everything with you because i've seen a lot of people say they didn't need to?
I took copies of everything but the woman was very nice and asked if I had any copies with me. They only want your real birth cert, marriage license, Police Cert and I-864 and that was the only copies required. But no harm in copying everything just incase because everyone is different.The Interviewer asked for my I-407 but that was it.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

I just wondered if I needed to make copies of the tax returns or just the proofs?

I'll do it at work so no worries if I have to do it - may as well just in case.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by viitav
I just wondered if I needed to make copies of the tax returns or just the proofs?

I'll do it at work so no worries if I have to do it - may as well just in case.
I only had to supply my Social Security Statement because I was filing the I-864W because I have over the 40 Quarters required to be exempt from proving financial sponsorship
Old Jul 19th 2017, 3:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It is only a suggestion and one that I have made many times over the past 20 years. Make a full copy of everything you are taking and submitting. Why? Because sometime in the future you might need to know exactly what you had given over and will have a complete set of everything submitted for your personal files. On occasions we have heard of people who have misplaced or have had their brown envelope stolen. The US Consulate has no copies of what you submitted for your visa and cannot replicate the envelope for UNLESS you can supply them with copies of everything that was previously submitted.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 4:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
It is only a suggestion and one that I have made many times over the past 20 years. Make a full copy of everything you are taking and submitting. Why? Because sometime in the future you might need to know exactly what you had given over and will have a complete set of everything submitted for your personal files. On occasions we have heard of people who have misplaced or have had their brown envelope stolen. The US Consulate has no copies of what you submitted for your visa and cannot replicate the envelope for UNLESS you can supply them with copies of everything that was previously submitted.

Ian