Interview this week

Old Aug 3rd 2015, 6:24 am
Just Joined

benjigolfpro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview this week

Hi everyone,

Since being introduced to this forum it has been a wealth of information to settle my nerves. I have got my interview at the London embassy this week and like most people, I'm going through to make sure I have everything I need.

I'm happy with the list given on the us embassy website for the interview, but I have a question regarding proof of employment/income. I currently work for a UK company and once we move to the USA I shall continue to work for that company. What evidence do I need to take to my interview that would be acceptable?

I was thinking along the lines of a 6 month contract to show i will have income for a minimum period, or would my current contract and copies of bank statements showing my salary for the past few years be ok?

Any other tips or suggestions are welcome

Thanks

Ben
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 11:56 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview this week

Originally Posted by benjigolfpro
What evidence do I need to take to my interview that would be acceptable?
If your fiancée or wife (we don't know which visa you're after, because you don't actually say) has sufficient finances on her own to complete the I-134 or I-864 respectively, then your income is irrelevant and you don't need any evidence.

Perhaps you could give us a bit more information about the visa, and whether sufficient finances are already available.

Ian
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

benjigolfpro is an unknown quantity at this point

It is K1 visa. My fiancee doesn't currently earn enough on her own salary to cover me, but we had got a completed form I-134 to take with me that has been completed by my fiancee's parents.

During the interview, as mobile phones are permitted, can showing the CO Facebook pages of our relationship history as evidence or do things need to be printed?
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 2:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benjigolfpro
It is K1 visa. My fiancee doesn't currently earn enough on her own salary to cover me, but we had got a completed form I-134 to take with me that has been completed by my fiancee's parents.
In that case, you don't need to bring any evidence of your own employment at all.

During the interview, as mobile phones are permitted, can showing the CO Facebook pages of our relationship history as evidence or do things need to be printed?
You don't need to show such evidence. If something of this nature were required, you'd need to show paper evidence...but it's not...so don't worry about it.

Rene