Interview help

Old Nov 2nd 2017, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview help

I have a question about the Affidivat of Support form. My fiancée’s wage does not cover the poverty line so her dad is going to help. Do they have have to fill a form or is it just her dad that does this? We are going for a K1 visa and submitted out I-129f in June so I’m just figuring the next stages out.

Thanks!

Joshua
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 3:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview help

For the K-1 only her father or whoever is accepting responsibility needs to complete the I-134.

BTW I have asked this post to be transferred to the proper forum ... marriage-based visa forum.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add on from Rete's post...

You will then need to provide sufficient evidence showing proof of their income.

I provided 3 years of tax returns and either 3 or 6 months worth of paystubs.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BenK91
Just to add on from Rete's post...

You will then need to provide sufficient evidence showing proof of their income.

I provided 3 years of tax returns and either 3 or 6 months worth of paystubs.
It says on Visa journey for my fiancée to provide a form and also her dad as he is the co-sponsor. I will let him know to provide sufficient evidence. It also says that he should not put my fiancée on his dependents as she will not be when we are married. Is this true? Thanks.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you're from a high visa fraud country in Africa or the Middle East, have a terrible grasp of English and no knowledge of immigration I'd stay well away from VisaJourney for useful information

If she is a dependent then I would guess he would need to put that on the form, claiming she isn't a dependent when she is (or might be) could be mentioned at the interview (speculating).

Here's a link to my K1 thread from last year which you may or may not find useful: http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...rocess-878095/
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BenK91
Unless you're from a high visa fraud country in Africa or the Middle East, have a terrible grasp of English and no knowledge of immigration I'd stay well away from VisaJourney for useful information

If she is a dependent then I would guess he would need to put that on the form, claiming she isn't a dependent when she is (or might be) could be mentioned at the interview (speculating).

Here's a link to my K1 thread from last year which you may or may not find useful: http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...rocess-878095/
Thanks! Yeah there’s a lot of information on sites and I’m getting confused as to what I she needs to fill out. Thanks for your advice!
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

The best piece of advice I've got from being on this forum is to just read each form carefully and to take questions on the forms at face value and to not try and interpret them.

The K1 wiki guide on here is also great: K1 : British Expat Wiki
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 5:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure you are looking at the I-134? If it asks for dependents, and she is one at the time he signs the I-134, then yes, he should list her. Doing otherwise would not be true.

Also, there is no co- sponsor for the I-134. There can only be one sponsor.

It sounds like you might be confusing it with the I-864, which comes later in the whole process.

Rene
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Are you sure you are looking at the I-134? If it asks for dependents, and she is one at the time he signs the I-134, then yes, he should list her. Doing otherwise would not be true.

Also, there is no co- sponsor for the I-134. There can only be one sponsor.

It sounds like you might be confusing it with the I-864, which comes later in the whole process.

Rene
Ah that makes sense! So he should just fill one or as my future father-in-law? I was always under the impression that my fiancée had to fill out an I-134 form regardless of if her dad was going to do it also.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 7:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194
It says on Visa journey for my fiancée to provide a form and also her dad as he is the co-sponsor. I will let him know to provide sufficient evidence. It also says that he should not put my fiancée on his dependents as she will not be when we are married. Is this true? Thanks.
That is applicable to the I-864 affidavit of support for the adjustment of status after your marriage. For the I-134, only the financial sponsor needs to submit the affidavit and proof. Don't forget to have a copy of proof of US citizenship or permanent residency if he is not a US citizen.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
That is applicable to the I-864 affidavit of support for the adjustment of status after your marriage. For the I-134, only the financial sponsor needs to submit the affidavit and proof. Don't forget to have a copy of proof of US citizenship or permanent residency if he is not a US citizen.
thanks! I’ve told him to provide 3 years taxes, 6 months of pay checks and both birth certificate and passport (he is a US Citizen). All this advice is brilliant, BE has helped me A LOT over the past 6 months 😃
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 9:17 pm
Concierge

Glad our personal experience and that of our members have been helpful to you.