Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Info-Pass Appointments and Walking In Cold to a USCIS Office

Info-Pass Appointments and Walking In Cold to a USCIS Office

Old Feb 7th 2014, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Info-Pass Appointments and Walking In Cold to a USCIS Office

The below are observations from the New York City field office. In principle they should apply to other field offices too.

1)You can walk into a field office and use their Info-pass machines to make an appointment. It is possible to get lucky and get an appointment for the same day. Then you will actually see an office the same day.

2)Even without an Info-pass appointment, you can speak to someone in person at a USCIS field office, get forms, get directions with applications etc etc. This happens at an office different to where the Info-pass appointments happen. I believe these workers have less access to your file but nevertheless..

3)When trying to make the Info-pass appointment it doesn't matter which option you choose. This was what the "higher level officer" on the telephone info line had told me and also it is what I deducted from my experience today. For example today, in the successful attempt I had at making the appointment, my choice had been [immigration court order] even thought it was not, but then when I took that appointment confirmation letter and got a number to be seen, the receipt with my number had a totally different reason written on it. Which means the reason doesn't matter that much. So just keep trying all/any of the options until you get an appointment

4)While I was waiting to be seen by an officer, I noticed an attorney having a discussion with one of the officers. He actually discussed 3 different cases (I have sharp hearing) What drew my attention was the fact that he was there personally, to follow up. I'm not sure all attorneys would do that, so I was impressed. I asked for his business card afterwards and if anyone want a name in NYC, I can provide it.