Immigrate to USA

Old Jan 16th 2018, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigrate to USA

The time line does not sound out of the ordinary, once you go outside the regular system then things see to take longer.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

futureisbright is an unknown quantity at this point

Update

I really feel for people who have no way to contact the embassy. You don't even know if they received your message. They should have a dedicated person for each case that you can deal with!

My wife contacted her Senator's office who contacted the US embassy. That got things moving! The embassy said that all they wanted was to see that I have had the vaccinations. So I contacted the medical doctors and they insisted that the embassy return the medical back to them so they can update it. I had to go back up to London to the medical doctors with new passport photos and pay £50! All I did there was sign the newer photo and they signed some paperwork. Now they have sent the medical back to the embassy and the embassy contacted me to send them my passport. Now I am waiting for the visa!
Old Mar 15th 2018, 10:15 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by futureisbright
..... I really feel for people who have no way to contact the embassy. You don't even know if they received your message. They should have a dedicated person for each case that you can deal with! ....
You are going to find life in the US eye-opening. No US government office or department, whether local, state, or federal, gives out help or advice, and if an employee does say anything which might be construed as "advice", it cannot be relied on, and in any case is often utter nonsense.
... Now I am waiting for the visa!
Congratulations!

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 15th 2018 at 10:17 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 10:35 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

It's often the case here that even the people whose job it is to spend all day dealing with something don't know how to deal with it.

The DMV is a classic example. I went to a larger branch in a suburb of Seattle when I first arrived. I didn't have the plastic green card but I did have an IR-1 visa in my passport with endorsement stamp, good for one year.

In the waiting room were dozens of Russians, Asians, and Mexicans. In a city like Seattle I certainly can't have been the first non-citizen they've ever seen. But all of them looked at my visa and stamp like it was a two-headed monster.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

It's all man-made complicated mess. The pilgrims didn't have to go through this visa nonsense. But they had far greater problems to deal with.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Update

Received visa and arrived in US on 25th March 2018
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 7:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.