i765/i131

Old Dec 6th 2017, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Freeny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i765/i131

I have just hit day 75 of waiting for my EAD (i765) after AOS and have officially made enquiries on the USCIS website.
How much longer would i have to wait to receive this?

Ive also hit day 97 after submitting the i131 and have again made enquiries on the site.

Both enquiries have said i should hear by december 28th and December 21st.

Is it realistic to think i could have these by the end of the year?
Old Dec 6th 2017, 8:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i765/i131

Nothing realistic about waiting on the USCIS.

Suggestion: If you are anxious to start a new job or need to travel, then involve your USC spouse's political congress person in the mix and have them inquire about the status. Obviously, you have not passed the 90 day timeline for obtaining either of these documents, but there is no harm in having a political rep's office look into for you.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 8:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Why do your I-765 and I-131 have different dates (one just hit the 70 day mark, the other 97 days)? Did you not file them together with the I-485?

Did you receive any RFEs for anything? That can throw time frames out the window.

As for when you can expect them... who knows? Hope for the end of the year, but could be longer.

Rene
Old Dec 6th 2017, 9:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Just to get this straight....

This username belongs to the USC spouse and it would appear that either the USC spouse is posting for the UKC spouse or the UKC is using his wife's username.

If the latter, please sign up for your own username. By using your wife's you are complicating matters for answering questions/inquiries and the site would much prefer that you post on your own.

Thank you
Old Dec 6th 2017, 9:27 pm
Concierge

In addition, by reading their five posts, it would appear after questioning rainbowsandicecream about what documents to file, they never returned to BE to run anything through the forums for accuracy before filing.

It is hoped that they had an immigration attorney assisting them as they did appear clueless back in July when they were first married. Much like all of us did when we started the immigration process. At least we stayed with the group to make our way through the unending forms.
Old Dec 7th 2017, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Why do your I-765 and I-131 have different dates (one just hit the 70 day mark, the other 97 days)? Did you not file them together with the I-485?

Did you receive any RFEs for anything? That can throw time frames out the window.

As for when you can expect them... who knows? Hope for the end of the year, but could be longer.

Rene
They were submitted together but I did make a small mistake on the I765 which threw the dates between the i131 and i765.
Old Dec 7th 2017, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
In addition, by reading their five posts, it would appear after questioning rainbowsandicecream about what documents to file, they never returned to BE to run anything through the forums for accuracy before filing.

It is hoped that they had an immigration attorney assisting them as they did appear clueless back in July when they were first married. Much like all of us did when we started the immigration process. At least we stayed with the group to make our way through the unending forms.
In addition to my post. An attorney wasnt needed as i done lots of studying to make sure all was correct and i wasnt aware that i needed to run things by the forum!

Yes i am the husband using my wifes account on here.

I thank you for your input but without the attitude please
Old Dec 7th 2017, 2:09 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Freeny
In addition to my post. An attorney wasnt needed as i done lots of studying to make sure all was correct and i wasnt aware that i needed to run things by the forum!

Yes i am the husband using my wifes account on here.

I thank you for your input but without the attitude please
Sorry but there was no attitude. It is New Yorkese

No you don't need to run anything through the forum. Members would have been happy to assist you with any questions you had on the forms to help you avoid the problem you did encounter.

Again, I urge you to open an account in your name. If you then wish to have your wife's account closed, a super mod will be happy to do that for you or you can certainly continue with two.
Old Dec 7th 2017, 2:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

They were submitted together but I did make a small mistake on the I765 which threw the dates between the i131 and i765.
Did you receive an RFE for the mistake on the I-765?

Rene
Old Dec 7th 2017, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Did you receive an RFE for the mistake on the I-765?

Rene
Yes i did receive and RFE which set the i765 back by about 3 weeks
Old Dec 7th 2017, 2:44 pm

Yes i did receive and RFE which set the i765 back by about 3 weeks
OK, so that's why the 90-day processing times no longer apply to you. It will take as long as it takes.

Rene
Old Dec 7th 2017, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

My EAD and AP had different dates too.

You may find that once one is approved the other falls shortly behind it but as Rene said, it will take as long as it takes. Frustrating I know, but there really isn't much you can do about it.