i751 situation

Old Oct 2nd 2015, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

groot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i751 situation

hey guys. i moved to the states on a k1 visa in 2012 and married my then fiancee. received my conditional 2 year permanent resident card in january 2014. in two weeks time i will be within the three month period where i can apply for i751 petition to remove condition for permanent residency. my wife and i are still very much together - we were living with her m-i-l but i have just moved out because i just cannot live with her any more, my wife won't leave her because she lost her dad a few years ago and doesn't want her to be alone. obviously i am going to be honest with everything i put down on the i751, but do you think the uscis will raise an eyebrow when they see that my address is different to my wifes? thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2015, 8:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i751 situation

So I assume that you and your wife are filing the joint I-751?

Yes, having separate addresses in the same city could raise some questions for USCIS. If this separation is temporary, and you are still planning to remain married and work things out, is only use one address throughout the I-751 (the address that matches your joint life together).

Rene
Old Oct 2nd 2015, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by groot
my wife and i are still very much together...
Well then, use your address because, from what you've said, this situation is temporary only.

i have just moved out because i just cannot live with her any more...
I'm guessing you mean your MIL and not your wife! This is the problem with pronouns!

, my wife won't leave her because she lost her dad a few years ago and doesn't want her to be alone.
So then, this is temporary. Given sufficient time, either her mom will die or your wife will come to realize that she is not responsible for her mom's loneliness!

Ian
Old Oct 3rd 2015, 8:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Immigration related you have been replied to by good advisers. I'm curious as to what you two are going to do for your future lives if your wife continues to refuse to leave her mother and you and your mother-in-law don't get along? No choice is perfect for all three of you if she continues to live with her mom and you won't. Your situation doesn't bode well if your wife doesn't place you first in her life.