Old Jul 17th 2017, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Indigo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I130A

Just one question regards the I130A

Address History:
I have moved around quite a bit.
There are a couple gaps in the 5 year address history:
I was travelling across Canada for 6 months, house sitting, in Jasper, Nova Scotia & Ontario.
Also, I was travelling in USA for 6 months visiting relatives & friends.

Would I be required to place down all the addresses of the trips?
Or are the physical addresses in the U.K. enough & I state the time period and say I was travelling - so that the gaps are explained?

Also - in your experience, will the fact that I have moved rather frequently create a problem at all with the petition?
Old Jul 17th 2017, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

leepne has a reputation beyond reputeleepne has a reputation beyond reputeleepne has a reputation beyond reputeleepne has a reputation beyond reputeleepne has a reputation beyond reputeleepne has a reputation beyond reputeleepne has a reputation beyond reputeleepne has a reputation beyond reputeleepne has a reputation beyond reputeleepne has a reputation beyond reputeleepne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I130A

I paid for a lawyer to do all mine and my wife's applications. I myself have worked all over the world, but our lawyer enter my UK address for the whole application.

I will say though I am only midway through the process and have yet to be approved.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 10:30 am
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest that if you used any of those addresses as mailing addresses, then it may be pertinent to list them.

I wouldn't worry about the amount of addresses you've had, I listed numerous on my I-130A as I was going through a divorce and was only in some properties for 3 or 4 months at a time. My D-260 will have loads on as I was in the military for 11 years.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Indigo1
Would I be required to place down all the addresses of the trips?
No. You're required to indicate your physical addresses... which are not your temporary addresses. Travelling is not the same as moving!

... I state the time period and say I was travelling - so that the gaps are explained?
For one, you aren't required to explain the gaps. Two, if you list your permanent addresses only, there are no gaps.

... will the fact that I have moved rather frequently create a problem at all with the petition?
No - it'll make no difference whatsoever. Have you actually moved all that frequently - as in, moved furniture, clothing, all your worldly possessions? If not, then you haven't actually moved.

Ian
Old Jul 17th 2017, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StuBear65
I would suggest that if you used any of those addresses as mailing addresses, then it may be pertinent to list them.
They're not interested in mailing addresses. If they were, they'd ask for them.

Ian
Old Jul 17th 2017, 3:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StuBear65

I wouldn't worry about the amount of addresses you've had, I listed numerous on my I-130A as I was going through a divorce and was only in some properties for 3 or 4 months at a time. My D-260 will have loads on as I was in the military for 11 years.
Hubby was in the RCAF for 36 years. On the G-325 (?) which was in use then, he just listed military 1958 - 1994; stationed Germany 16 yrs, posted Canada 20 years and it was never questioned.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Indigo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No. You're required to indicate your physical addresses... which are not your temporary addresses. Travelling is not the same as moving!

For one, you aren't required to explain the gaps. Two, if you list your permanent addresses only, there are no gaps.

No - it'll make no difference whatsoever. Have you actually moved all that frequently - as in, moved furniture, clothing, all your worldly possessions? If not, then you haven't actually moved.

Ian
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I have moved all my worldly possessions multiple times. The gaps when I was travelling, I placed my stuff in storage. So there are 'gaps' of a permanent address.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Indigo1
The gaps when I was travelling, I placed my stuff in storage. So there are 'gaps' of a permanent address.
Ah... well then - okay! List the moves. It doesn't matter that there are gaps.

Ian