Reload this Page >

i130 - marriage certificate need to be certified copy

i130 - marriage certificate need to be certified copy

Old Dec 8th 2017, 7:57 am
Just Joined

gametime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i130 - marriage certificate need to be certified copy

Hi there,
I currently have a colour photocopy of mine and my wifes marriage certificate. It's legible and has all the necessary details on, but I am worried that it will not be accepted as it's not a "certified copy". Should I order a certified copy from the GRO or will a photocopy of the certificate be sufficient?
Old Dec 8th 2017, 9:02 am
JJ123

Jamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i130 - marriage certificate need to be certified copy

Originally Posted by gametime
Hi there,
I currently have a colour photocopy of mine and my wifes marriage certificate. It's legible and has all the necessary details on, but I am worried that it will not be accepted as it's not a "certified copy". Should I order a certified copy from the GRO or will a photocopy of the certificate be sufficient?
You'll need a certified copy. If they ask for it, that's what they need. It's written in black and white, always do whatever is asked, word for word.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 9:03 am
Just Joined

They don't ask for a certified copy. It says that they want "a copy"
Old Dec 8th 2017, 9:07 am
JJ123

Jamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond reputeJamackabi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going through the process at the moment but I'm only slightly ahead of you. Someone with experience of the whole process will be able to answer with more accuracy. However I'm sure at some point you'll need a certified copy of your marriage certificate. At interview for example. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 9:09 am
Just Joined

That would be fine, I want to send the paperwork today, then I can order the certified copy later. Can anyone else confirm?
Old Dec 8th 2017, 9:14 am
JJ123

Having just looked through what I have sent, you'll be fine with a colour photocopy of your marriage certificate. You're only required to send photocopies with the I-130, not originals. My I-130 petition was approved yesterday. I would recommend ordering a certified copy for you to have though.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 9:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

A photocopy of the certified copy is fine for the I-130. Make sure you have an original (not a photocopy) either by the time the case gets to NVC (if the I-130 is filed in the USA) or by the time of the visa interview (if the I-130 is filed in the UK).

Rene