Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-864EZ form how long till the interview.

I-864EZ form how long till the interview.

Old May 18th 2009, 12:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864EZ form how long till the interview.

Originally Posted by huwie78
So whats the next packet? as our I-864's were sent in middle march. Just want to have some idea how much longer this process will take, would it be worth calling London or would this be a waste of money and time. We started the application back in april 08 there has been some delay on our part mostly through jan and feb while my wife had to sort out her tax returns which took some time.
thanks for all your comments so far.
huwie
If you look on the US Embassy in London website, it lists the forms needed for the Immigrant Visa application. You can look them over and get a head start on how to fill them out. However, you should wait for the notice before sending anything in.

I'm sorry I don't know a time frame, though. Have you searched other posts on this forum that have recently done an Immigrant Visa through London, to compare?

Rene
Old May 18th 2009, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

huwie78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
How did your f-i-l send the I-864's. Did he use the special envelope they enclosed with the request? I would want to know that NVC received the documents as it is long enough for the paperwork to have been forwarded to London for continuation.

You can download the forms that need to be completed from the Consulate's website. You will need your police certificate. If you have not yet done so, get started on that now.
Evrything has now been sent in including the Police certficate, affadavit of support, my application all the fees I-864. I can't recall a special envelope its been a while. Who should i call the US consulate or London?????
Old May 18th 2009, 12:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Evrything has now been sent in including the Police certficate, affadavit of support, my application all the fees I-864. I can't recall a special envelope its been a while. Who should i call the US consulate or London?????
You've already sent your Immigrant Visa application forms? When you asked about the "next packet", we thought you meant the next one after the I-864. The next one after the I-864 is the packet which gives you links to download and complete your Immigrant Visa forms, such as DS-230, etc. Did you fill those out and send them in already? If so, then you are now just waiting for the interview date and medical instructions.

You sent your police certificate too? I thought you were supposed to bring that to the interview (but I could be mistaken).

Rene
Old May 18th 2009, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you look on the US Embassy in London website, it lists the forms needed for the Immigrant Visa application. You can look them over and get a head start on how to fill them out. However, you should wait for the notice before sending anything in.

I'm sorry I don't know a time frame, though. Have you searched other posts on this forum that have recently done an Immigrant Visa through London, to compare?

Rene
yeh we did have some post back in feb on here regarding complete the I-864 and her affadavit of support.
Old May 18th 2009, 12:34 pm

I would first conctact NVC and see how far along they are on processing your applications.

Rene
Old May 18th 2009, 12:35 pm

yeh we did have some post back in feb on here regarding complete the I-864 and her affadavit of support.
Perhaps since February, there have been others who posted their experience and timeline, so you can see how long each step took for them.

Rene
Old May 18th 2009, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

You've already sent your Immigrant Visa application forms? When you asked about the "next packet", we thought you meant the next one after the I-864. The next one after the I-864 is the packet which gives you links to download and complete your Immigrant Visa forms, such as DS-230, etc. Did you fill those out and send them in already? If so, then you are now just waiting for the interview date and medical instructions.

You sent your police certificate too? I thought you were supposed to bring that to the interview (but I could be mistaken).

Rene
completed the DS-230 sent that back in jan - feb without the police certificate they sent it back as i had to complete the DS-230 as i had made a mistake on the form and they also instructed to me sned them the police certificate.
like I said we have waited now since mid march and have not heard anything since.
Old May 18th 2009, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

I would first conctact NVC and see how far along they are on processing your applications.

Rene
What does NVC stand for again?
Old May 18th 2009, 12:42 pm

completed the DS-230 sent that back in jan - feb without the police certificate they sent it back as i had to complete the DS-230 as i had made a mistake on the form and they also instructed to me sned them the police certificate.
like I said we have waited now since mid march and have not heard anything since.
OK, so you have sent everything, including your Immigrant Visa applications, and I-864, back in March (originally February, but they requested a new DS-230 plus your police certificate). That would have been helpful to know in the very first post. We thought you were still at the I-864 stage.

NVC stands for National Visa Center.

Call NVC and see how far along they are with your processing.

Rene
Old May 18th 2009, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

ok sorry about any confusion i forgot about the ds-230 form shall give them a call today cheers