Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-864EZ form how long till the interview.

I-864EZ form how long till the interview.

Old May 17th 2009, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

huwie78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-864EZ form how long till the interview.

Hey all I'm a uk resident and my is USC living in the uk with me. She is getting joint sponsorship with her father who lives in the states, we have sent our completed I-864EZ form to her father who has signed and provided all the paperwork needed and sent that off sometime in march around the
13th. The thing is we have not yet heard anything since as I know all I'm waiting for is a date for my interview and medical. would anybody know how long this process takes.
Old May 17th 2009, 4:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-864EZ form how long till the interview.

Originally Posted by huwie78
Hey all I'm a uk resident and my is USC living in the uk with me. She is getting joint sponsorship with her father who lives in the states, we have sent our completed I-864EZ form to her father who has signed and provided all the paperwork needed and sent that off sometime in march around the
13th. The thing is we have not yet heard anything since as I know all I'm waiting for is a date for my interview and medical. would anybody know how long this process takes.
Did you file the I-130 directly there in London?

So her father is going to be a joint sponsor. Why would she send her completed I-864EZ form to him? What did her father sign off on? Where did he send whatever it is that he sent?

Your USC wife needs to complete form I-864 (or I-864EZ if it applies). Her father needs to fill out a separate I-864 (NOT I-864EZ), and provide all the backup documents.

Depending on where the I-130 was filed, the I-864 packages (both you wife's and her father's), get sent to NVC or taken to the embassy at the interview date.

I am not sure you did this correctly, if you sent him her I-864EZ and he signed it.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; May 17th 2009 at 4:27 pm.
Old May 17th 2009, 5:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

A Joint Sponsor may not use form I-864EZ; please double check the instructions and the 'Who May Use Form I-864EZ?' and 'Who May Not Use Form I-864EZ?' sections.

Was your petition filed in London or in a US Service Center?
Old May 17th 2009, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

We originally applied in London, but for some reason they must have thought my USC wife was still in the States so they sent it back and told us to file in the US which is what we have done now.
My wife filed the I-864 and she sent it to her father so he could also fill one out as another sponser, as her funds are from the UK so were not adequate, and sent it all off together around the middle of March. They should have everything now but we have not heard anything yet?
Old May 17th 2009, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
A Joint Sponsor may not use form I-864EZ; please double check the instructions and the 'Who May Use Form I-864EZ?' and 'Who May Not Use Form I-864EZ?' sections.
Sorry, my mistake, we filed the I-864 and her father filled out his own I-864.

Originally Posted by meauxna
A Joint Sponsor may not use form I-864EZ;Was your petition filed in London or in a US Service Center?
It was file in a US Service Center.
Old May 17th 2009, 8:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, my mistake, we filed the I-864 and her father filled out his own I-864.

It was file in a US Service Center.

Your father-in-law sent it to the NVC at their request?
Old May 17th 2009, 9:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Your USC wife needs to complete form I-864 (or I-864EZ if it applies).
If she were able to file an I-864EZ, there couldn't be a joint sponsor.

Ian
Old May 17th 2009, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If she were able to file an I-864EZ, there couldn't be a joint sponsor.

Ian
As I said, it was the I-864 that was filed, not the EZ. We were not able to file the EZ as we needed my father in law to co sponser.
Old May 17th 2009, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Your father-in-law sent it to the NVC at their request?
My wife filled out the I-864, but as her income is UK based she could not use this so we needed another sponser. We needed my father-in-law also sponsor me due to this, so he filled out his own I-864.
As we are in the UK, we mailed our I-864 to my father in law, for him to add his and he sent in all the paperwork together.
Old May 18th 2009, 4:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife filled out the I-864, but as her income is UK based she could not use this so we needed another sponser. We needed my father-in-law also sponsor me due to this, so he filled out his own I-864.
As we are in the UK, we mailed our I-864 to my father in law, for him to add his and he sent in all the paperwork together.
Yes. The question was....did your father in law send in the I-864 packages *after* NVC requested them?

Rene
Old May 18th 2009, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Yes. The question was....did your father in law send in the I-864 packages *after* NVC requested them?

Rene
Yes, we received a letter with instructions for this after the fees were paid. Everything else had been sent. We also received a reminder letter saying I-864 was the only thing outstanding.
Old May 18th 2009, 11:12 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Rene
Thank you, Rene.
Old May 18th 2009, 11:13 am
Concierge

Once the NVC has approved the I-864's, they will send the file on to London. London will then send a packet to your wife for completion. An appointment will not be scheduled until she has completed the required documentation and sent the checklist back to the US Consulate.
Old May 18th 2009, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Once the NVC has approved the I-864's, they will send the file on to London. London will then send a packet to your wife for completion. An appointment will not be scheduled until she has completed the required documentation and sent the checklist back to the US Consulate.
So whats the next packet? as our I-864's were sent in middle march. Just want to have some idea how much longer this process will take, would it be worth calling London or would this be a waste of money and time. We started the application back in april 08 there has been some delay on our part mostly through jan and feb while my wife had to sort out her tax returns which took some time.
thanks for all your comments so far.
huwie
Old May 18th 2009, 12:20 pm
Concierge

How did your f-i-l send the I-864's. Did he use the special envelope they enclosed with the request? I would want to know that NVC received the documents as it is long enough for the paperwork to have been forwarded to London for continuation.

You can download the forms that need to be completed from the Consulate's website. You will need your police certificate. If you have not yet done so, get started on that now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.