I-797 Notice of action

Old Jan 20th 2018, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

stu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-797 Notice of action

I sent my -i-130 and i-130a forms off on 30th November 2017 and I received confirmation on 4th December my case was accepted and routed to Nebraska. On 9th December I received my i-797C notice of correction and since then heard nothing.

All this had on it was the case number and her details and my details as the beneficiary. It just says to notify the them if the info changes or is incorrect. They set the priority date as 1st December 2017 but upon reading this I can't see anything asking me to do anything?

I keep going to check case status using the LIN number and it says on the receipt they send it will tell me how they will process my case and to follow the instructions.

It does not tell me how they will process it or have any instructions other than to check the details and notify them if they are incorrect?
Old Jan 20th 2018, 9:03 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-797 Notice of action

It's perfectly normal, the only time you will receive instructions to follow is if you receive a RFE, and even then it will arrive in the mail as well as being changed on the site.

You're now in the queue to be processed, get comfortable, it'll take awhile (and even longer now because of the shutdown)
Old Jan 20th 2018, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

stu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
It's perfectly normal, the only time you will receive instructions to follow is if you receive a RFE, and even then it will arrive in the mail as well as being changed on the site.

You're now in the queue to be processed, get comfortable, it'll take awhile (and even longer now because of the shutdown)
Well as long as it's all sorted for me to move by the end of October for the Vegas wedding (vow renewal)

Got twins being born in July too so don't really want to have to keep travelling on an esta backwards and forwards.

The shutdown will only be a few days they reckon
Old Jan 20th 2018, 9:49 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Frankly I think you're going to be lucky if it's done by October, the timescales seem to be sliding backwards right - but one can hope.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 3:39 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu_blue
Well as long as it's all sorted for me to move by the end of October for the Vegas wedding (vow renewal)

Got twins being born in July too so don't really want to have to keep travelling on an esta backwards and forwards.

The shutdown will only be a few days they reckon
Very unlikely to have your visa by October.

People whose I-130s were approved by Nebraska this week waited on average 9 months for approval (they filed in April last year). And the current trend is slowing down even more. By comparison, my I-130 went through Nebraska in 2016 and took 5 months 13 days to be approved and we were one of the last from our priority date to be approved - possibly because my husband has a felony.

Be thankful you have your VWP privileges and can continue to visit. I found frequent, short visits helped the wait go by quicker.