Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

i-751 waiver interview experience

i-751 waiver interview experience

Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-751 waiver interview experience

Originally Posted by nicemale01
I had my interview at the Cincinnati office. The officer asked me a lot of questions but did not see my file or any evidence. She kept on writing what I answered. At the end she said she will review the file and I should get an answer by 4-6 weeks I can get a 10 year green card but she has to review the file. She also stamped my passport for 1 year extension. She also took my original temporary green card away. Do you think is it a positive experience or a negative one.

Please kindly post your replies for I-751 waiver interview.

Thanks,
Rey.
Nicemale:

The end outcome depends on how the IO feels about your file. If you have enough of good evidence and nothing caustic in your file you should be ok.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:00 am
Just Joined

nicemale01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes she had my file in front of her. She was verifying my information as I was speaking but she did not look into any evidence but she had my file in front of her. She also stamped my passport with 1 year of extension till June 12th 2012.
She said she will review file and answer it in 4-6 weeks and I will get the GC of 10 year then. My lawyer said please see the file and we do not want to give any further evidence.

Thanks,
Rey.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicemale01
Yes she had my file in front of her. She was verifying my information as I was speaking but she did not look into any evidence but she had my file in front of her. She also stamped my passport with 1 year of extension till June 12th 2012.
She said she will review file and answer it in 4-6 weeks and I will get the GC of 10 year then. My lawyer said please see the file and we do not want to give any further evidence.

Thanks,
Rey.
Nicemale:

All you can do now is wait for 4-6 weeks for a decision. Make no mistake, the one year stamp is given to adjust for anything that may go beyond 4-6 weeks.

Even an expert counselor would get butterflies when asked about how long a 751 waiver takes to get adjudicated.