Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

i-751 waiver interview experience

i-751 waiver interview experience

Old May 5th 2011, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

brnie80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i-751 waiver interview experience

If you guys remember I had posted last year here when was having problems with my marriage. This morning I had an interview for the waiver for removal of conditions which I wanted to share with every one.
I reached the office half an hour before the interview time and I was called pretty much right on time of the interview. It was a fairly young guy doing the interview. He was nice but firm. Started with checking my identification, and then went over the questions in I-751 form. Then he started asking me questions like how we met, who was at the wedding, if the parents attended the wedding, when the problems started, if we are still in contact. I answered every thing in detail. During my answers he probed me for more detail. He was very thorough and listened every thing very carefuly and took some notes.
At the end he said, things look good but he has to review my file before he can make a decision. Also said "You hear from us, most likely your green card, in 3 to 4 week. That seems to be a good sign but will know for sure once I get a letter or green card. Thanks every one who has helped.
Old May 5th 2011, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-751 waiver interview experience

Originally Posted by brnie80
That seems to be a good sign but will know for sure once I get a letter or green card. Thanks every one who has helped.
It's very rare that an I-751 waiver is denied. Good luck.

Ian
Old May 5th 2011, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It's very rare that an I-751 waiver is denied. Good luck.

Ian
Thanks Ian.
Also wanted to mention he asked me if we were having problems when we interviewed for the conditional green card. My answer was yes there were fights but nothing I thought of as very serious. Also he commented couple times about marriage lasting hardly two years and also problems starting soon after marriage. Hope this can help some one who is wating for an interview.
Old May 5th 2011, 8:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update of your interview.

Will keep everything crossed for a good review and a mail received ten year green card in 4 weeks.
Old May 6th 2011, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Did he take your fingerprint, ask for photos of you and get you to sign the white I-551 card? If yes, that's usually a good sign. That's what happened in my case although that was before biometrics were required for the I-751 process. These days they might approve and use the biometrics data to produce the card. Good luck

Last edited by Brit3964; May 6th 2011 at 1:59 am.
Old May 6th 2011, 12:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
Did he take your fingerprint, ask for photos of you and get you to sign the white I-551 card? If yes, that's usually a good sign. That's what happened in my case although that was before biometrics were required for the I-751 process. These days they might approve and use the biometrics data to produce the card. Good luck

Not done any longer. That is all done with the biometrics appointment prior to the interview as you noted. So no little give aways as to determination by the officer.
Old May 6th 2011, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Nope none of that happened and as Rete said, that is not done any more.
Old May 6th 2011, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Not done any longer. That is all done with the biometrics appointment prior to the interview as you noted. So no little give aways as to determination by the officer.
Kind of a shame really. Now you have no clues at all. For what it's worth, the officer at my I-751 interview told me if approved, I'd likely hear in about a week. Exactly one week later I got the approval letter.
Old May 6th 2011, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Kind of a shame really. Now you have no clues at all. For what it's worth, the officer at my I-751 interview told me if approved, I'd likely hear in about a week. Exactly one week later I got the approval letter.
I guess in waiver cases they have to be extra careful and they don't want to say its approved till they are really sure. From what I read from his body language and his comments, he seemed sympathetic towards me, although he had a poker face throughout. I am not going to try an analyze this too much and drive myself crazy lol. I do feel fairly optimistic and hopefuly its not false optimism. I guess I will know in a few weeks.
Now I remember he also asked me how long I have been in US and if I had my current job before I got my green card. I have been in US since 2000, never been out of status and have been at my job since 2005. I guess he was trying to see if I married to get legal and get a job and stuff.
Old May 16th 2011, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Got the card production email and text today around noon. Thanks every one who has helped me here. Good luck to every one who is waiting. One lesson I have learnt is that patience is the key when you are waiting for the decision. It is easy to get paranoid and drive ourselves crazy. If your case is genuine, then just have faith and your time will come. Here is my time line

NOA: 11/22/10
BIO: 01/07/11
Interview in Pittsburgh: 05/05/11
Car production email: 05/16/11
Old May 19th 2011, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Brnie!

Being patient and positive is the key. Thanks for your update.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

nicemale01 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my interview at the Cincinnati office. The officer asked me a lot of questions but did not see my file or any evidence. She kept on writing what I answered. At the end she said she will review the file and I should get an answer by 4-6 weeks I can get a 10 year green card but she has to review the file. She also stamped my passport for 1 year extension. She also took my original temporary green card away. Do you think is it a positive experience or a negative one.

Please kindly post your replies for I-751 waiver interview.

Thanks,
Rey.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 5:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicemale01
Do you think is it a positive experience or a negative one.
Hard to tell. How do YOU feel about it?

Rene
Old Jun 14th 2011, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

nicemale01 is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I am positive but also fear a little.

Thanks for reply,
Rey
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:04 pm
Concierge

Hope for the best and prepare for the worse.

Taking your greencard is standard as it is expired and of no use to you. Did she have your original file on her desk at the time of the interview? I know that we could complete the AOS because our original file had not yet arrived from the mines in St. Louis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.