Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751: Online Status Check?

I-751: Online Status Check?

Old Jan 26th 2017, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

glowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-751: Online Status Check?

Hi all!

Does anyone know if the status of the I-751 will be viewable on the USCIS online portal?
I can see my former petitions/applications, but I was wondering if the I-751 will show up there at some point as well?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old Jan 26th 2017, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751: Online Status Check?

Originally Posted by glowie
Does anyone know if the status of the I-751 will be viewable on the USCIS online portal?
I don't think the I-751 status is available online. It's a low-priority application because your status doesn't change at all while it's being adjudicated.

Ian
Old Jan 26th 2017, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

glowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond repute

Okay that makes sense, even though, since they have this portal already, they could also just upload all application, but oh well

Thank you!
Old Jan 26th 2017, 7:23 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question to you Glowie (Hopefully this isn't a thread hi-jack)...

Did you send in your conditional green card as part of your I-751 package? or keep it? I don't have to file till closer to the end of this year, but didn't see it in the instructions/online guide.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
Quick question to you Glowie (Hopefully this isn't a thread hi-jack)...

Did you send in your conditional green card as part of your I-751 package? or keep it? I don't have to file till closer to the end of this year, but didn't see it in the instructions/online guide.
No worries.

No, I didn't send in my green card, it's still valid and you should have it on you at all times
They just want a copy of front and back, but it also says that in the instructions.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 7:30 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glowie
No worries.

No, I didn't send in my green card, it's still valid and you should have it on you at all times
They just want a copy of front and back, but it also says that in the instructions.
Perfect, thats what I thought, but just wanted to clarify. Thank you

I got stuck in a catch-22 over green cards being on you at all times... My first one was printed wrong (DOB), so USCIS demanded it back so they could re-issue it. To re-issue it, I had to go to a biometrics appointment, and they wouldn't let me in without my incorrect green card. Took 3 attempts to explain it to the guard but eventually a bulb lit above his head and he took my drivers license. Thank Christ.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I don't think the I-751 status is available online. It's a low-priority application because your status doesn't change at all while it's being adjudicated.

Ian
Just wanted to comment on this.
The I-751 status is not visible online, but I got the CRI-89 added to my cases. I googled and it seems to be the biometrics portion of it. I'm not sure if it will be updated when a decision is made, or if I need to go to an interview, but I will update this, if the status changes.