Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Nebraska Filers/2007

I-751 Nebraska Filers/2007

Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Nebraska Filers/2007

Originally Posted by snowbunny
If I was a conspiracy theorist.... the party in power has much to gain by delaying N-400s from completing until after the election in November.
Ooohh... I like the way your mind works!

Ian
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:49 pm
Displaced Canadian

Amywen is an unknown quantity at this point

I missed this thread before I posted mine.

I don't have a passport yet and I'm still waiting on Canada to send me one. I have much more faith in that being done in a timely manner at least
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

dtown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 Nebraska Filers/2007 - Still Processing from 2006?

Can anyone verify that the changed dates on the I-751 for the Nebraska Service Center are correct? I am sure it has been noticed that the processing dates have changed from February 10, 2007 to July 5, 2006.

Also, should I expect another extension letter? I have already had one issued but it will expire on March 8, 2008.

Any advice/comments would be appreciated.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Nebraska Filers/2007 - Still Processing from 2006?

Don't be too concerned with those dates; maybe they are meant to keep people from calling in.

You won't get another letter after this one expires. If you need to travel internationally or need other proof of status, you can make an InfoPass appointment to your District Office and ask nicely for an I-551 stamp. You might ask them to check up on your case at the same time.

All this is assuming you haven't moved or anything silly like that this year.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dtown
Any advice/comments would be appreciated.
Since you ask... following the posted processing times is the first step on the road to madness. Believing they are correct is the second step on the road to madness. I won't frighten you with information about the third step... suffice to say that strong and powerful people have been broken and are now just heaps of quivering jelly.

Ian
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:28 pm

special ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to all

Well I feel a bit better knowing that a lot of people are in the same situation as me so it must be normal for things to drag on so much. I don't know why I thought this would be any quicker, everyhting esle has been so slow so why not this

(How do I make an INFO pass appointment?)
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:43 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by special ed
uscis.gov--->big INFOPASS graphic on the left.
or
http://infopass.uscis.gov/index.php

Don't go for a stamp too soon, and take evidence of upcoming travel.

Last edited by meauxna; Mar 4th 2008 at 11:52 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:45 pm

special ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to all

Originally Posted by meauxna
uscis.gov--->big INFOPASS graphic on the right.
or
http://infopass.uscis.gov/index.php

Don't go for a stamp too soon, and take evidence of upcoming travel.
Thankyou!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:52 pm

Thankyou!
lol, the other right. You know, as if you were standing in the web page.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:17 am
Just Joined

dtown is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I feel a bit better knowing that a lot of people are in the same situation as me so it must be normal for things to drag on so much. I don't know why I thought this would be any quicker, everyhting esle has been so slow so why not this

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...ssFS020304.pdf

Thanks everyone for the info!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

AAZZ is an unknown quantity at this point

So I went for my info pass appointment yesterday regarding my expired I751 extension letter. The officer put an extension stamp in my passport. Happy ending. for now.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

rolland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 Did they get to march 2007? (Nebraska)

Is it somebody that filled out I-751 in march 2007 and got any answer? I am greatfull to this forum because here is the only place where I can get some information about timing regarding to this issue! Please post your dates and maybe this way we will find out where they are right now! Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2008, 8:29 pm

Default Re: I-751 Did they get to march 2007? (Nebraska)

Originally Posted by rolland
Is it somebody that filled out I-751 in march 2007 and got any answer? I am greatfull to this forum because here is the only place where I can get some information about timing regarding to this issue! Please post your dates and maybe this way we will find out where they are right now! Thanks
Please show your gratitude by using the search feature to enhance your forum experience.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518861

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512035

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518531
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:29 pm
Displaced Canadian

Amywen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
I'm so glad I found this site. Still, I can't stop from wigging out on occasion. I’m a control freak and so is my husband. Obviously we have to get over that for the lovely immigration journey to maintain any ounce of sanity... especially as Nebraska filers
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:59 pm

Almost done now, Amywen. This is just a little excitement to keep you on your toes.
Have you thought about naturalization? You can still be a Canadian. There is an article in the wiki if you need a distraction.

Naturalization - US Citizenship Resources

Everyone just remember: you are STILL a Permanent Resident until you're told otherwise, you are still eligible to work, and your bosses should not be reverifying your status. You can travel, although you may want to get an I-551 stamp in your passport if your notice is expiring. And, you can apply for Naturalization on schedule if the only thing you are waiting on is the I-751.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.