Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 Nebraska Filers/2007

I-751 Nebraska Filers/2007

Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

AAZZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 Nebraska Filers/2007

If you have filed I-751 in Nebraska, you may be aware that during last full month, they have moved their processing times by only ONE Freaking day. I applied in Feb, 07. I am just wondering if there are other people like me out there?
Also, does any one know why they do not move I-751 cases to more efficient offices like CSC or Vermont?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Nebraska Filers/2007

Originally Posted by AAZZ
Also, does any one know why they do not move I-751 cases to more efficient offices like CSC or Vermont?
Many times, they do just that.

Rene
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, they do transfer them. Mine did. See my extended signature in my public profile.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AAZZ
If you have filed I-751 in Nebraska, you may be aware that during last full month, they have moved their processing times by only ONE Freaking day.
I don't understand why you're so surprised. On any given day, they'll receive 200 application forms... so, multiply that by 30 days (and remember, people do send applications on weekends) and you've got 6,000 applications on their desk. I doubt they can get through more than 10 on any given day... but the applications keep coming in... and these guys don't work on weekends. So, in a month, they may only get through about 200 applications... which equals one day's worth.

You understand, don't you, that the I-751 is one of the *lowest* priority applications because your status does *not* change while it is being processed. You knew that, right?

Ian
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Stoli is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here. i-751 receipt dated mid-February. Did all the biometrics, etc. Still waiting for approval ...
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

GentelMan is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand that it could take long time because of the huge number of applicaions come everyday but why doesn't it take that long in the other service centers as well?

The weired thing is the newer fillers get the case transfered to CSC and therfore processed way faster than people filled longer time ago like myself.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Stoli is an unknown quantity at this point

According to the recent report, NSC just went backward in processing i-751s!!!! I preferred it when they moved 1 day a month, but forward

Oh boy, this is just rediculous...

Anyone else saw a report on CNN about many people complained about slow processing times? Only this had to do with N-400 apps due to the upcoming elections. Hopefully, the report will draw attention to the problem.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:53 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stoli
According to the recent report, NSC just went backward in processing i-751s!!!! I preferred it when they moved 1 day a month, but forward

Oh boy, this is just rediculous...

Anyone else saw a report on CNN about many people complained about slow processing times? Only this had to do with N-400 apps due to the upcoming elections. Hopefully, the report will draw attention to the problem.
LOL - one day, many years from now, we will look back at this and laugh. (and still have green cards!)
Old Mar 1st 2008, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

kohuma is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been waiting patiently for exactly 1 year.
Extension letter: dated March 9th, '07
Fingerprint done: 4 weeks later in April '07

Case shows pending online. Hopefully, next processing date update on CIS website will be corrected beyond Feb 2007, not july 2006.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 5:10 pm

special ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kohuma
I've been waiting patiently for exactly 1 year.
Extension letter: dated March 9th, '07
Fingerprint done: 4 weeks later in April '07

Case shows pending online. Hopefully, next processing date update on CIS website will be corrected beyond Feb 2007, not july 2006.
I'm in the same boat as you - got my extension letter in March of last year and was fingerprinted a couple of weeks later. The extension letter runs out on June 2nd - what happens then? Am I still an LPR while they process? How do I prove that to my employer etc
Old Mar 1st 2008, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

AAZZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by special ed
I'm in the same boat as you - got my extension letter in March of last year and was fingerprinted a couple of weeks later. The extension letter runs out on June 2nd - what happens then? Am I still an LPR while they process? How do I prove that to my employer etc
Nah, u do not need to worry about it that much.. just go to ur local USCIS office within 30 days before the expiry of ur extension letter and ask them to put a stamp in ur passport for extension. Here in texas, 6 months extension is common.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 5:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by special ed
Yes, you are still a PR during this time. Your employer should not be checking up on your status.

If necessary, go get a stamp from your local office...but you really don't need one unless you plan to travel outside the USA.

Rene
Old Mar 1st 2008, 8:36 pm

special ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, you are still a PR during this time. Your employer should not be checking up on your status.

If necessary, go get a stamp from your local office...but you really don't need one unless you plan to travel outside the USA.

Rene
Thanks for the info. I am supposed to be going to a wedding in London this summer so I may need to go and get the stamp.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 8:38 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stoli

If I was a conspiracy theorist.... the party in power has much to gain by delaying N-400s from completing until after the election in November.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 8:50 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
If I was a conspiracy theorist.... the party in power has much to gain by delaying N-400s from completing until after the election in November.
If only they were *that* organized. C'mon....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.