Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 with k-1 and k-2: question

I-751 with k-1 and k-2: question

Old Feb 10th 2001, 6:02 pm
Alvena Ferreira

OK, completing arnaldo and paulo's k-1/k-2 removal of conditons form...questons:
1. Do I complete a separate I-751 form for each?
2. Do I send $125 total, or $250 total ($125 for each)?

thanks,

alvena

Old Feb 10th 2001, 8:35 pm
Onigiri

> OK, completing arnaldo and paulo's k-1/k-2 removal of conditons
form...questons:
> 1. Do I complete a separate I-751 form for each?
> 2. Do I send $125 total, or $250 total ($125 for each)?
>
> thanks,
>
> alvena

A quote from the web page: http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes

A note about adjustment of status: every k-2 child will have a separate adjustment of
status filed. The files will all be kept together at the INS local office with the k-1
immigrant spouse that they are related to, however you have to pay separate fees and file
separate forms for each child. This can run into significant money, keep that in mind.

I thought Paulo had a 10 year visa already.

Old Feb 10th 2001, 9:01 pm
Onigiri

> > OK, completing arnaldo and paulo's k-1/k-2 removal of conditons
> form...questons:
> > 1. Do I complete a separate I-751 form for each?
> > 2. Do I send $125 total, or $250 total ($125 for each)?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > alvena
>
> A quote from the web page: http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes
>
> A note about adjustment of status: every k-2 child will have a
separate
> adjustment of status filed. The files will all be kept together at the INS local office
> with the k-1 immigrant spouse that they are related to, however you have to pay separate
> fees and file separate forms for each child. This can run into significant money, keep
> that in mind.
>
> I thought Paulo had a 10 year visa already.
>
That note got away.... Anyhow, I-751 section 2b (file separately only if UNABLE to file
with parents) and section 5 (info about children) seem to imply that children to together
with the parents filing and you get to pay only one $125. Alvena asking questions to the
ng is almost like a popquiz for a class of students.

Old Feb 10th 2001, 10:52 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Onigiri wrote:
> A note about adjustment of status: every k-2 child will have a separate adjustment of
> status filed. The files will all be kept together at the INS local office with the
> k-1 immigrant spouse that they are related to, however you have to pay separate fees
> and file separate forms for each child. This can run into significant money, keep
> that in mind.
>
> I thought Paulo had a 10 year visa already.
>
He did, but it was an error...also, filing for removal of conditions, they state on the
I-751 form that you can submit parent and child together...but they do not state if you
need a second form for the child and whether the fee is the same. I just wanted to be
sure. Adjustment of status is NOT the same thing as removal of conditions, bear in mind.

alvena

Old Feb 10th 2001, 11:28 pm
Onigiri

> > I thought Paulo had a 10 year visa already.
> >
> He did, but it was an error...also, filing for removal of conditions, they state on the
> I-751 form that you can submit parent and child together...but they do not state if you
> need a second form for the child and whether the fee is the same. I just wanted to be
> sure. Adjustment of status is NOT the same thing as removal of conditions, bear in mind.

Recently Ken&Ranjini posted about her I-751 and her son's ( a 20 year old as well) I
believe she did it together on ONE form and her only worry was whether she ought to
believe the INS-website which said the fee was $75 and the instructions that came with the
form which said $125.

Old Feb 11th 2001, 3:21 pm
mjones

>OK, completing arnaldo and paulo's k-1/k-2 removal of conditons form...questons:
>1. Do I complete a separate I-751 form for each?
>2. Do I send $125 total, or $250 total ($125 for each)?

Arnaldo and Paulo file together, because Paulo got his PR (or CPR) within 90 days of
Arnaldo. You will file a single I-751, and just list Paulo on it. Sorta like the I-129F.
You pay 125 bucks total. Mike

Old Feb 11th 2001, 5:57 pm
Ken&Ranjini

This discrepency has finally been corrected on the INS site. Apparently, it is $125. I
think this was corrected after a member of this newsgroup pointed it out. There was a
posting to this effect. Shivan and I will be filing for removal of conditions in April
this year. But I do keep up with the news so that I will be prepared when the time
comes. Ranjini

> > > I thought Paulo had a 10 year visa already.
> > >
> > He did, but it was an error...also, filing for removal of
conditions,
> > they state on the I-751 form that you can submit parent and child together...but they
> > do not state if you need a second form for the child and whether the fee is the same.
> > I just wanted to be sure. Adjustment of status is NOT the same
thing
> > as removal of conditions, bear in mind.
>
> Recently Ken&Ranjini posted about her I-751 and her son's ( a 20 year old as well) I
> believe she did it together on ONE form and her only worry was whether she ought to
> believe the INS-website which said the fee was $75 and the instructions that came with
> the form which said $125.