I-751 evidence

Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Clare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really nice
Question I-751 evidence

Hi all

We are about to submit a joint petition for removal of conditions on my GC. I would welcome your feedback on the documents we are submitting as evidence of the relationship:
  1. our drivers’ licenses at the same address
  2. letters addressed to both of us at the same address throughout the marriage
  3. joint lease and letters addressed to both of us from apartment management
  4. joint health insurance with my husband listed as beneficiary along with a document showing his use of the health insurance over the last statement period
  5. joint credit cards
  6. tax transcripts for last year
  7. joint car insurance
  8. joint home insurance
  9. photos

Is this enough?

I am in a dilemma as to whether we should submit some joint bank statements as I am aware this is a popular document with the USCIS but I am not sure whether our bank account evidence is worth sending in. We have one joint bank account which used to be my husband’s account – I was added to it in 2008. The problem is that my husband was unemployed for 2 and a half years so this joint account was essentially dormant (funds ranged from $5 to $150) until he got a job this June and started depositing his salary into it. My husband is not on my primary bank account which has been the main source of our funds over the last 3 years because he has some unpaid debts, and I was worried that this primary account might get frozen if he added his name…actually the previously mentioned joint account (dormant for 2 years) was frozen for a few weeks last year when $150 was deposited into it.

We have 3 choices:

1. We could submit the bank statements of the joint account over the last 5 months which shows my husband’s salary going into it (from June onwards).
  2. We could submit bank statements over the last 2 years (which I know is recommended as it shows longevity), however, as noted above, it was essentially dormant until 5 months ago and it could raise questions as to why my salary was not being deposited into the joint account... I am anxious that it will complicate and possibly delay the whole process if I try and explain what I’ve explained here in a covering letter to the USCIS.
  3. We could omit the bank statements all together.

I would appreciate your feedback on this and the list of evidence above.

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 evidence

That looks like more evidence than we even had, so you should be fine. Bank statement are not required, you can omit them if you want to.

Rene
Old Nov 6th 2010, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Clare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really niceClare37 is just really nice
Default Re: I-751 evidence

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That looks like more evidence than we even had, so you should be fine. Bank statement are not required, you can omit them if you want to.

Rene
Many thanks for the feedback, Rene
It is very reassuring.