I-751 (2007 Only)

Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

devilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to all
Default Re: I-751 (2007 Only)

Originally Posted by meauxna
Did you get the passport stamp?
no, as I said the passport has expired and now we need to get that renewed before we can even get the stamp. The processing time on the UK consulate website says min of 4 weeks
Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by devilishgrin
no, as I said the passport has expired and now we need to get that renewed before we can even get the stamp. The processing time on the UK consulate website says min of 4 weeks
That's odd. They don't have to put the stamp IN the passport. They can put it on another piece of paper.

Rene
Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

devilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That's odd. They don't have to put the stamp IN the passport. They can put it on another piece of paper.

Rene

I asked the guy specifically was there anything else he could do besides put the stamp in a valid passport and his answer was no. I asked if there was anything he could print for me that he could carry with him to prove he is legally here and he said no, just go and get the passport renewed (as if it's as easy as ordering a Big Mac).

At this point we're over the frustration, we can only laugh because it pretty much proves the stereotype that has been given to government run offices. I should have known better, I work in one!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

JoySisey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by devilishgrin
Arggggh new here on this forum and hoping to get some help!

We filed our I-751 in April, check was cashed on April 7th and not one word since. Mid May we decided to call since my husbands drivers license can not be renewed until the NOA is received proving he is still a legal resident. He's been driving to work everyday since without a legal drivers license (yikes!). Anyway we call and get the runaround and are told we can request the NOA to be sent to us again but to wait 30-45 days before we take any other action. At the end of the 45 days we call again and at this point are told no action has been taken on our request(!!!) and maybe we should make an appointment to go to the local office. My husband makes an infopass appointment but can not get in the building, why? because his drivers license and green card are expired (more !!!!!!). So I make an appointment to take the afternoon off and go down there to be told to bring in his passport and they can stamp it while we wait for the NOA because there seems to be a problem with printing the letters that they are aware of and have no idea when this will be resolved. This now seems unlikely since reading some of the posts above mine people are receiving them (???). TO make matters worse my husbands passport is now expired and it will take the british consulate as little as 4 weeks to renew it (ugh!) and $265. :curse:

I did try calling again today after my not so informative visit to the office and was told I could request the paper again but it would take 30-45 days! I explained the girl that my husband is now without any legal proof that he is a legal resident of this country but she didn't seem to care, big surprise!

Anyone having similar problems getting there NOA? We are located in San Diego, CA. but I'm sure this isn't a local thing.

This is absolutely outrageous and coincidental, because my husband recently lost his wallet and is without green card and drivers license. I filed an I-90 to replace, but after reading your comments Im certain we will not be allowed to enter into the INS office either. I believe his passport is expired as well. What the heck do we do now - I plan to file the I751 tomorrow. This is crazy. Any youre right...you just get the run around when you call USCIS. I plan to file an I 847 complaint form when all is said and approved. This is ridiculous. Im scared to death.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Renew the passport?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoySisey
This is absolutely outrageous and coincidental, because my husband recently lost his wallet and is without green card and drivers license. I filed an I-90 to replace, but after reading your comments Im certain we will not be allowed to enter into the INS office either. I believe his passport is expired as well. What the heck do we do now - I plan to file the I751 tomorrow. This is crazy. Any youre right...you just get the run around when you call USCIS. I plan to file an I 847 complaint form when all is said and approved. This is ridiculous. Im scared to death.
I believe an expired passport can still be used for ID purposes only. But what are you going to the USCIS office for? The I-90 and the I-751 are done through the mail.

Rene
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

I believe an expired passport can still be used for ID purposes only. But what are you going to the USCIS office for? The I-90 and the I-751 are done through the mail.

Rene
I know. He apparently needs the I-94 updated so that he can present it to Drivers Services to replace the lost license. Oh and Im sorry his country passport is not expired. The inserted I-94 is expired. Apparently they give you x amount of months before it expired- assuming the Green Card is sufficient evidence of your residence status. so we're meeting w/an immigration officer to get that updated.

I hope this info is correct or else Im wasting my time and spinning my wheels. Every time we think we got it right - its another dead end.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:47 pm

I know. He apparently needs the I-94 updated so that he can present it to Drivers Services to replace the lost license. Oh and Im sorry his country passport is not expired. The inserted I-94 is expired. Apparently they give you x amount of months before it expired- assuming the Green Card is sufficient evidence of your residence status. so we're meeting w/an immigration officer to get that updated.

I hope this info is correct or else Im wasting my time and spinning my wheels. Every time we think we got it right - its another dead end.
Hmmm. Doesn't sound right to me. Permanent Residents don't use I-94's anymore. He's a Permanent Resident....what would USCIS use as an expiration date on a new I-94?

Rene
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Hmmm. Doesn't sound right to me. Permanent Residents don't use I-94's anymore. He's a Permanent Resident....what would USCIS use as an expiration date on a new I-94?

Rene
He is a conditional resident, due in the next month to file the I751. He has no valid proof at this point of verifying his status. He has a valid country passport, SSN# and that's it. I checked inside of his passport right now and its not the I94 but an I551. Im told he will need an I-94 with his passport in order to replace his driver's license. I've scoured through every document we've been given and I have never seen an I94 document. I check online to see what a copy looks like and I've never seen it. We're hoping to go tomorrow to the INS appointment, in hopes of obtaining an I94.

Am I making any sense...LOL
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:57 pm

He is a conditional resident, due in the next month to file the I751. He has no valid proof at this point of verifying his status. He has a valid country passport, SSN# and that's it. I checked inside of his passport right now and its not the I94 but an I551. Im told he will need an I-94 with his passport in order to replace his driver's license. I've scoured through every document we've been given and I have never seen an I94 document. I check online to see what a copy looks like and I've never seen it. We're hoping to go tomorrow to the INS appointment, in hopes of obtaining an I94.

Am I making any sense...LOL
DMV should accept the I-551 stamp which is in his passport. That IS his green card, just in a different form (a stamp instead of the plastic card).

Did DMV turn you away, saying they won't accept the I-551? If that's the case, go back to DMV and speak to a supervisor. The I-551 is his proof of PR status.

Rene
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

DMV should accept the I-551 stamp which is in his passport. That IS his green card, just in a different form (a stamp instead of the plastic card).

Did DMV turn you away, saying they won't accept the I-551? If that's the case, go back to DMV and speak to a supervisor. The I-551 is his proof of PR status.

Rene

That's exactly what happened. However his I551 expired June 18th. Does that matter?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:10 pm

That's exactly what happened. However his I551 expired June 18th. Does that matter?
Ah. Yes, I guess that would make a difference. He hasn't received the 1-year extension letter yet from filing the I-751?

Or wait a minute, did you say you haven't filed the I-751 yet? I guess the I-551 was only a 1-year stamp while you waited for his Conditional Green Card to come in the mail.

Instead of asking for an I-94 at your USCIS appointment tomorrow, ask for another I-551 stamp.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jul 26th 2007 at 8:13 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

You might just be at a dead end for the moment, due to the expired passport.

The I-94 doesn't apply anymore.
The Green Card is evidence of Permanent Resident status.
Before it expires, you file I-751 and (eventually) get a letter extending the PR status and expired card's validity.

Absent the letter, and with an expired/expiring Green Card and proof of a need, he could go to the District Office and request an I-51 stamp in his passport.
With an expired passport, they might give him an I-94 with the stamp. In your case, he won't have a valid picture ID to back it up, so I don't know what value the I-94 would be.

I guess if it were me, I take everything I've got and go to an InfoPass appointment and try for *some* sort of evidence of status. He IS still a PR.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:15 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
You might just be at a dead end for the moment, due to the expired passport.
ok, now I see that passport is *not* expired.

But, he didn't file I-751 before the Green Card expired? If it's just the *stamp* in the passport that has expired, that is fine--it is meant to be temporary.

You've got what you need---go to InfoPass and get a new I-551 stamp.
This is his proof of status.
File I-751 on time.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Ah. Yes, I guess that would make a difference. He hasn't received the 1-year extension letter yet from filing the I-751?

Or wait a minute, did you say you haven't filed the I-751 yet? I guess the I-551 was only a 1-year stamp while you waited for his Conditional Green Card to come in the mail.

Instead of asking for an I-94 at your USCIS appointment tomorrow, ask for another I-551 stamp.

Rene
Ok this is the deal.

His green card expires 12/1/07. Which means that we can file within 90 days of this expiration date. Due to the horrific change in fees for the I751 and the recent loss of his green card (we do have a photo copy of it), we decided to present the I751 anyway with a note of apology for our early submission and the reason why.

The date on that inserted I551 that is in his current VALID passport expired last month. I do not have possession of some I-94 form. My concern is that with the expired I551, that may not fly at the DMV. Im hoping to be able update his I551 and obtain an I94 - which is what I was told by a DMV supervisor to obtain as vaild form of residence status evidence.

Good grief, this is giving me a headache....LOl

So to date, I have filed the I90 to replace the lost Green Card and the I751 in hopes of sliping under the wire-- I spoke with a USCIS rep last week who suggested I do just what I did. We only filed the other day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.