I-751 (2007 Only)

Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 (2007 Only)

Originally Posted by lulu204
can you explain why you used a po box? what do you mean by physical address? how did USCIS know your physical address if you sent them a po box no.

sorry, but I was confused....
For one example, my part time home town does not have street mail delivery.
So we have a physical address: 123 Mountainside Ave, where we live, and we have to have mail delivered to the PO Box.

If mail is addressed to the street address, the Post Office sends it back.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of

aha - interesting..

but a pain in the butt if one is going through USCIS channels...

It never ends....

Originally Posted by meauxna
So we have a physical address: 123 Mountainside Ave, where we live, and we have to have mail delivered to the PO Box.

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Sk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really nice

I got my 10 yr GC today. It expires 2018 next step is citizenship in july
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

AAZZ is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I should not have been so un-thankful to Nebraska for moving at a great speed of one day forward in one month (Posted processing time on Jan 15: from FEB 09 07 to FEB 10 07).

Guess what they are showing per FEB 15 processing times... They have made a great progress from FEB 10 07 to July 05 2006... It is mind boggling how did they achieve negative progress... did they "dis-approve" all the approved cases b/w July 06- Feb 07???
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 11:45 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AAZZ
Guess what they are showing per FEB 15 processing times... They have made a great progress from FEB 10 07 to July 05 2006... It is mind boggling how did they achieve negative progress... did they "dis-approve" all the approved cases b/w July 06- Feb 07???
It appears that you do not fully understand what the dates mean. The date listed is the date of the *oldest* case on the shelf. It's entirely possible that a few older cases were found in amongst the others... so this is what they report.

Since you have already fallen victim to USCIS, I need to caution others that following the processing dates is the 1st step on the road to madness. You appear to be at the 2nd step, however... believing that the processing dates are accurate! I won't scare you by telling you what the 3rd and final step is! Suffice to say that the 3rd step has caused great and strong persons to be reduced to tears and quivering masses of jelly. It's not a pretty sight.

Ian
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sk007
I got my 10 yr GC today. It expires 2018 next step is citizenship in july
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by meauxna

So you live in one of those towns too! I can't tell you how many times and how many sites (like Amazon) insist on using the physical address as the mailing address. I try to explain that where we live, the USPO does not deliver mail to street addresses - everyone in town gets a PO box free of charge. It's a never ending battle.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:38 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by utopiacowboy
So you live in one of those towns too! I can't tell you how many times and how many sites (like Amazon) insist on using the physical address as the mailing address. I try to explain that where we live, the USPO does not deliver mail to street addresses - everyone in town gets a PO box free of charge. It's a never ending battle.
OK, off topic beef & Q...

What do you guys have to do to qualify for the free boxes? Until a couple of years ago, the PO made us pay for a box. Then someone noticed that USPS policy is that they *must* give us a PO Box for free if they're not offering street delivery.
Sure enough, the Postmaster had to go along with it. BUT, to torture us, we have to 'prove residency' every 6 months in order to qualify for the free box. That means that every 6 months, you have to dig out 2 utility bills that show the service addy (because of course any mail w/out the PO Box address is returned to sender). Hello? Paperless billing anyone?!

The '6 month' thing always falls at the most awkward time. My parents just had a bunch of mail go walkies because the PO screwed this up.

I have a feeling that our PO is playing a little loose with the rules on this one, though they say they're following the absolute letter of the rule. Just curious about what hoops you have to jump or if this is a local 'problem' (this is a high rental-home town which accounts for some of the 'prove residency' thing?)

And yes, shippers and customers get boggled. "If you're sending something to us by the post office, you must use that address, but if you're using another shipper, you must use the street address." And then FedEx says they can't find us, in a town that is 2 blocks long... tut.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

Actually our local post office is pretty good about it. We only have to show them something like a utility bill once a year. I guess they feel guilty about not providing street address service not to mention the huge amount of mail that gets returned to sender. Most people who haven't been in this situation refuse to believe that the post office does not deliver to street addresses. In fact the US government is the worst offender.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 5:06 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

We sent off ours on Saturday (roughly 60 days before the 2-year GC "expires").

Would it be too simplistic to suggest a rule change to allow people to file six months prior to GC "expiration" if it's going to take six months?

Say what you will, the fact that the GC "expires" and that one has to potentially explain this to employers, law enforcement, DHS/border control.... it's shitty that they can't process the I-751 in time to let the GC holder receive their 10-year GC slightly *before* the I-751 expires. This obviously will never be possibly for 100% of the cases, but something like 90%+ ought to be approvable.

At the rate things are going, only those who pay "premium processing" in the form of N-400 fees are going to have their GC/USC in any sort of timely fashion.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 5:11 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
We sent off ours on Saturday (roughly 60 days before the 2-year GC "expires").

Would it be too simplistic to suggest a rule change to allow people to file six months prior to GC "expiration" if it's going to take six months?
Stop worrying..........
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

rolland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
Stop worrying..........

My case was received by Nebraska center on april 2, 2007
My 1 year extension will expire on may 25, 2008.
I didn't get anything from them after my biometric.

My problems are:

1. My driver licence will expire at the beginning of april.
2. My passport is already expired.

Question: Is anybody that got his/her case resolved after this date (april, 2, 2007)? The what they call an "updating" on their website is just a ... joke!

Thanks for the future answers!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:09 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rolland
1. My driver licence will expire at the beginning of april.
2. My passport is already expired.
You won't need the GC to renew either of these.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

rolland is an unknown quantity at this point

And by the way , today feb. 25 would be my first day when I would have the legal right to apply for citizenship. Unffortunately I didn't get my 10 years GC , so ... I can't apply!
Thanks rincewind, but are you sure about this?
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:18 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rolland
Thanks rincewind, but are you sure about this?
Yes. You do not need a GC to renew a British Passport and I have never had to show my GC to the DMV. The fact you have a current DL that is soon to expire is all the proof you need. In Georgia, I can renew my DL without even going into the DMV so you may be able to do the same in your State.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.