Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-751 � Nebraska SC � Why slowing?

I-751 � Nebraska SC � Why slowing?

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 1:37 am
New in the New world

Default I-751 � Nebraska SC � Why slowing?

Date Working on
3/1/06 12/2/05
3/15/06 12/16/05
4/1/06 12/22/05
4/15/06 1/3/06
4/28/06 1/9/06
5/15/06 1/9/06
6/1/06 1/13/06

From 89 days they slowed down to 139 and it seems it is only getting worst and worst. It seems we will stay longer with a copy of the expired card than we thought.

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:50 pm
Iliana

Default Re: I-751 - Nebraska SC - Why slowing?

If this would cheer you up, somebody I know sent her I-751 to NSC on
October 28 2005 , and she recieved her 10y GC by mid-February 2006,
so... in about 50 days.
I also read in this same group about a case of near 4 months
turn-around (send end of Jan....GC received end of May).
I would say it's not that slow, or I'm just optimistic :)

I mailed my I-751 in the end of Feb, as soon as I get my 10y. GC I'll
let you know so you could compare the reality with the USCIS's website
timeline :)
And as many have said it already, while you are waiting for the 10y GC
you are getting closer to your citizenship application time...

best of luck!

New in the New world wrote:
    > Date Working on
    > 3/1/06 12/2/05
    > 3/15/06 12/16/05
    > 4/1/06 12/22/05
    > 4/15/06 1/3/06
    > 4/28/06 1/9/06
    > 5/15/06 1/9/06
    > 6/1/06 1/13/06
    > From 89 days they slowed down to 139 and it seems it is only getting worst and worst. It seems we will stay longer with a copy of the expired card than we thought.

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-751 � Nebraska SC � Why slowing?

Originally Posted by New in the New world
Date Working on
3/1/06 12/2/05
3/15/06 12/16/05
4/1/06 12/22/05
4/15/06 1/3/06
4/28/06 1/9/06
5/15/06 1/9/06
6/1/06 1/13/06

From 89 days they slowed down to 139 and it seems it is only getting worst and worst. It seems we will stay longer with a copy of the expired card than we thought.
Hi:

There is a tendency of people to look ONLY at their application. Take note that I-751's are not the only application being handled.

On top of that, the employment based caseload is now being shifted -- Nebraska will be handling ALL the I-140's filed after April 1, 2006.

You are right that I-751's are low man on the totem pole -- but they are the one group who ALREADY has status.

Exactly what will happen -- who knows? Also, on I-751's, the "mileage may vary" comment applies with great force. It is possible for Nebraska to finish your case by -- transfer to your local district for interview.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

ramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant futureramNagab has a brilliant future
Default Re: I-751 � Nebraska SC � Why slowing?

I sent my I-751 to NSC on January 20 2006 and still did not hear anything . I called the service center and they told me that it is pending name check and everything is normal
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 4:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

As has been discussed often over the years, the I-751 is NOT a priority petition. The applicant already has residency status in the US and can work, live and travel on that status. The status does not expire; only the paper proof does. The status remains conditional until the I-751 is adjudicated.

Therefore, if the I-751 takes one month, six months or in many cases in the past for those in the Vermont jurisdiction, such as ourselves, 18 months or longer, the conditional status is still valid and one need only make an Infopass appointment to visit the district office and obtain an I-551 stamp in the passport as proof of said status.

Remember if you are one of the residents who is looking to naturalize, you can do so even if the I-751 is not adjudicated. The N-400 will "push" your petition to the front as the N-400 cannot be adjudicated until the I-751. In some cases, as with us, the I-751 was approved two weeks before the N-400 interview, we feel, because Jim filed the N-400. In other cases both the I-751 and N-400 were adjudicated concurrently at the time of the N-400 interview.

So worrying needlessly about a petition that at this point has no adverse affect on your lives until adjudicated is pointless. It will be adjudicated eventually. Until then, you are still a conditional permanent resident of the US.

Originally Posted by Iliana
If this would cheer you up, somebody I know sent her I-751 to NSC on
October 28 2005 , and she recieved her 10y GC by mid-February 2006,
so... in about 50 days.
I also read in this same group about a case of near 4 months
turn-around (send end of Jan....GC received end of May).
I would say it's not that slow, or I'm just optimistic

I mailed my I-751 in the end of Feb, as soon as I get my 10y. GC I'll
let you know so you could compare the reality with the USCIS's website
timeline
And as many have said it already, while you are waiting for the 10y GC
you are getting closer to your citizenship application time...

best of luck!

New in the New world wrote:
    > Date Working on
    > 3/1/06 12/2/05
    > 3/15/06 12/16/05
    > 4/1/06 12/22/05
    > 4/15/06 1/3/06
    > 4/28/06 1/9/06
    > 5/15/06 1/9/06
    > 6/1/06 1/13/06
    > From 89 days they slowed down to 139 and it seems it is only getting worst and worst. It seems we will stay longer with a copy of the expired card than we thought.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Remember if you are one of the residents who is looking to naturalize, you can do so even if the I-751 is not adjudicated. The N-400 will "push" your petition to the front as the N-400 cannot be adjudicated until the I-751. In some cases, as with us, the I-751 was approved two weeks before the N-400 interview, we feel, because Jim filed the N-400. In other cases both the I-751 and N-400 were adjudicated concurrently at the time of the N-400 interview.
Hi:

Concur with this well written post. Just one pedantic nit to pick: notionally speaking, a naturalization CAN be approved before adjudication of the I-751! However, as a practical matter, it is almost never done.

That said, a few years back I did an Immediate Relative case where the AmCit husband had never lived in the US until just before filing of the I-130. He had previously married a naturalized female soldier in the US Army stationed in his home country [BTW, she was stationed in HER native country]. He did a DCF and upon arrival in the US as a conditional resident, immediately naturalized under section 319 and then returned to home country to live with 1st wife. The marriage broke up fairly quickly. I was worried about the case, but it went through quite smoothly [much to my surprise]. The conditional nature of his LPR admission was never mentioned. I have a feeling that the situation was so rare that no government person ever thought about it.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
As has been discussed often over the years, the I-751 is NOT a priority petition. The applicant already has residency status in the US and can work, live and travel on that status. The status does not expire; only the paper proof does. The status remains conditional until the I-751 is adjudicated.

Therefore, if the I-751 takes one month, six months or in many cases in the past for those in the Vermont jurisdiction, such as ourselves, 18 months or longer, the conditional status is still valid and one need only make an Infopass appointment to visit the district office and obtain an I-551 stamp in the passport as proof of said status.

So worrying needlessly about a petition that at this point has no adverse affect on your lives until adjudicated is pointless. It will be adjudicated eventually. Until then, you are still a conditional permanent resident of the US.

Rete:

Oh MY! Rete, 18 months sounds like a really long time for VSC. My husband and I are very concerned because we are relocating from New York to Florida by the end of this month. Our I-751 is still pending although we did receive a NOA saying it had been extended for 1 year for work and travel.

Our concern comes because since we are moving we don't know how the address change thing will work. Also, do we have to return to New York for an interview or anything like that. And his card says it expires 6/26/06 I know this only means his paper status has expired and he IS in proper status, but won't prospective employers be fishy?

Thanks for your help.

~Claudia
Old Jun 6th 2006, 3:30 am
Iliana

Default Re: I-751 ??? Nebraska SC ??? Why slowing?

did you recieve the NOA letter at least?

ramNagab wrote:
    > > Hi:
    > >
    > > There is a tendency of people to look ONLY at their application. Take
    > > note that I-751's are not the only application being handled.
    > >
    > > On top of that, the employment based caseload is now being shifted --
    > > Nebraska will be handling ALL the I-140's filed after April 1, 2006.
    > >
    > > You are right that I-751's are low man on the totem pole -- but they
    > > are the one group who ALREADY has status.
    > >
    > > Exactly what will happen -- who knows? Also, on I-751's, the "mileage
    > > may vary" comment applies with great force. It is possible for
    > > Nebraska to finish your case by -- transfer to your local district for
    > > interview.
    > I sent my I-751 to NSC on January 20 2006 and still did not hear
    > anything . I called the service center and they told me that it is
    > pending name check and everything is normal
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com