Just Joined

bexbgbexbg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i-485 RFE: Certified court and Police Documents

Hi there,

I recently received an RFE requesting:

Certified copy of my final Court Disposition
Certified copy of Arresting Officer Report
Certified copy of Proof of Sentence Completion

I was arrested in 2013 and charged with a DUI (Drink Driving). My sentence was a small fine and a Community Order, and both were dealt with promptly. My immigration Lawyer neglected to tell me that I would need these three documents. He only told me to bring a Police Certificate from ACRO, despite being aware of my conviction. Still, I feel responsible for not doing more research on this.

I have been able to obtain a copy of my Memorandum of Conviction from the court. The MOC contains details of the charge, community order, fine, driving disqualification and my guilty plea. Unfortunately, it does not show the arresting officer report, or that my sentence has been completed. The cost for a certified copy was £60. I was extremely disappointed to see that it had just a printed signature upon it, along with the text 'I certify the above extract to be a true copy of the said Magistrates' Court'. I would have expected a wet signature, or court seal / stamp. Maybe I am wrong in expecting that?

Regarding the Arresting Officer Report, I am in the process of applying for a Subject Access Request from the Police. I have been informed that that these documents will not be certified when they arrive to me. They will have a watermark that reads 'Subject Access'. Has anyone had any success getting SAR documents certified?

Lastly, proof of sentence completion. I managed to get a letter from the Probation office that said I had completed my Community Order. I am also trying my hardest to get through to the Court Fine department with hope that they can issue a proof of payment. Has anyone had success with this?

I am growing a little concerned that I may struggle to present all three documents. The wording on the RFE letter is giving me sleepless nights. I wonder if anyone out these has had experience with this, and if so any suggestions, or tips will be welcomed with open arms. Google has been a great help to me, but there are still a few questions I have been unable to answer.

Thank you so much for your time

Rebecca
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 8:43 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-485 RFE: Certified court and Police Documents

<< personal opinion snipped>>

Originally Posted by bexbgbexbg
I was arrested in 2013 and charged with a DUI (Drink Driving). My sentence was a small fine and a Community Order, and both were dealt with promptly. My immigration Lawyer neglected to tell me that I would need these three documents. He only told me to bring a Police Certificate from ACRO, despite being aware of my conviction. Still, I feel responsible for not doing more research on this.

I have been able to obtain a copy of my Memorandum of Conviction from the court. The MOC contains details of the charge, community order, fine, driving disqualification and my guilty plea. Unfortunately, it does not show the arresting officer report, or that my sentence has been completed. The cost for a certified copy was £60. I was extremely disappointed to see that it had just a printed signature upon it, along with the text 'I certify the above extract to be a true copy of the said Magistrates' Court'. I would have expected a wet signature, or court seal / stamp. Maybe I am wrong in expecting that?
What are you stressing about? You have the MOC. That's all that's required.

Regarding the Arresting Officer Report, I am in the process of applying for a Subject Access Request from the Police.
Why? You have a MOC. If you really insist on getting the SAR (which is a complete waste of time, given you have the MOC), it will cost £10 and just come as a computer extract. You can just submit that.

Lastly, proof of sentence completion. I managed to get a letter from the Probation office that said I had completed my Community Order. I am also trying my hardest to get through to the Court Fine department with hope that they can issue a proof of payment. Has anyone had success with this?
No. I paid a fine for a speeding offence in court and the MOC was the only thing USCIS required.

I am growing a little concerned that I may struggle to present all three documents.
I would just send back the MOC. That is all USCIS has ever required in my experience.

Last edited by Noorah101; Feb 23rd 2017 at 11:21 pm.