I-130'rs Ignored???

Old Feb 24th 2001, 11:49 pm
WeFiledI-130

From what I have seen posted and replied to, it seams that most if not almost all of I-130
questions are ignoreded in this group. There has got to be a more informative and
supportive group for I-130'rs....Please, if anybody knows of a more supportive group,
please email me at [email protected] Thank you for any help.

Old Feb 25th 2001, 2:27 am
WeFiledI-130

Ahhhh.. I see the Grinch must be sleeping...It usually replies so

>From what I have seen posted and replied to, it seams that most if not almost all of
>I-130 questions are ignoreded in this group. There has got to be a more informative and
>supportive group for I-130'rs....Please, if anybody knows of a more supportive group,
>please email me at [email protected] Thank you for any help.

Old Feb 25th 2001, 2:43 am
Michele in Cleveland

Are you a troll?

Alvena has links to I-130s on her site which explain the process & provide resources, too.
I have only been reading this NG for a short time, and while most people here do seem to
be going about this via I-129, I-130s are well-represented as well.

Do you have some specific questions? Or are you just trolling?

--
-Michèle
------------------------------------------------------------
The first step to making a dream come true, is to wake up. --Michael McDaniel
------------------------------------------------------------

> Ahhhh.. I see the Grinch must be sleeping...It usually replies so

>
> >From what I have seen posted and replied to, it seams that most if not almost all of
> >I-130 questions are ignoreded in this group. There has got to be a more informative and
> >supportive group for I-130'rs....Please, if anybody knows of a more supportive group,
> >please email me at [email protected] Thank you for any help.

Old Feb 25th 2001, 1:30 pm
Jonathan_ATC

Want some websites? I think there are about 60/40 K-1/I-130 questions and support. I have
been following the group for like 20 months now and have seen plenty of I-130 support AND
adiviCe. As Rita said, you must not be reading all the posts. You can claim you are, but
that would be calling both me and Rita liars. You don't mean to do that, do you?

See here for several websites concerning the process. I don't frequent them, but perhaps
one has an I-130 message board.
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill.../2806/faq.html I-130 FAQ Site - Here is a
traditional Frequently Asked Questions site for the I-130 spousal visa.

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Congress/2806/ I-130 Immigration Help-Site - So, you
want to immigrate a relative to the United States, and have no idea what to do....Well
you've come to the right place!!

http://starwind7.home.att.net/immigration.htm I-130 - Spousal Visa "FAQ" Site - So
you want to marry an alien? Many personal account paragraphs about spousal
immigration to the USA.

http://www.wkh.org/visa/i-130/timelines/ I-130 Processing Times - Just what it says.

--
Jonathan _/ _/ _/ _/ K-1 Fiance Visa Immigration through to Adjustment of Status
http://clik.to/getk1 K-1 & Adjustment of Status Links Page http://clik.to/K1andAOSLinks
Newsgroup FAQ http://www.k1faq.com Arnaldo and Alvena's Fiance Visa Page
http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/ Immigration and Naturalization Service
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov {I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. For reliable
advice, please consult with a professional immigration attorney.}

> From what I have seen posted and replied to, it seams that most if not almost all of
> I-130 questions are ignoreded in this group. There has got to be a more informative and
> supportive group for I-130'rs....Please, if anybody knows of a more supportive group,
> please email me at [email protected] Thank you for any help.

Old Feb 25th 2001, 6:28 pm
Di

thanks for pointing that out because a few times when i posted I-130 related questions, I
was asked to visit sites that have a lot more info on K1 visa than spousal visa. I really
would like to hear about an 'informative' I-130 site if there is one, and also find out
about the new K3 visa.

WeFiledI-130 wrote:
>
> From what I have seen posted and replied to, it seams that most if not almost all of
> I-130 questions are ignoreded in this group. There has got to be a more informative and
> supportive group for I-130'rs....Please, if anybody knows of a more supportive group,

Old Feb 25th 2001, 7:23 pm
sine nomine

Di wrote:

: thanks for pointing that out because a few times when i posted I-130 related questions,
: I was asked to visit sites that have a lot more info on K1 visa than spousal visa. I
: really would like to hear about an 'informative' I-130 site if there is one, and also
: find out about the new K3 visa.

the problem right now is that there isn't that much information about the k-3; the life
act described what it will be and ins has said they'll be implementing it "this spring"
and some people have speculated about what's going to be needed to get it working, but
that's about it. as it stands, definitive word about k-3s is waiting for the ins to make
up some rules and procedures.

--
sine | deb and god knows how long that will take...

Old Feb 25th 2001, 8:01 pm
Grinch

>thanks for pointing that out because a few times when i posted I-130 related questions, I
>was asked to visit sites that have a lot more info on K1 visa than spousal visa. I really
>would like to hear about an 'informative' I-130 site if there is one, and also find out
>about the new K3 visa.

As the procedures for the new k3 visa have yest to be finalised there is very little
information about it section 9 of the FAQ has a little information and I am sure that will
be expanded when more information is available.

Grinch

Old Feb 25th 2001, 8:14 pm
Rita

The sites we have on record to recommend are both a combination of private sites and
"official" NG sites. You can read the history of the NG on its official FAQ site. It was
established three years ago and the primarily visa used at that time was the I-120F/K-1
visa. Therefore, the information is primarily in regard to that visa. However, bear in
mind, that if you are within the USA filing the I-130 and I-485, your experiences will be
the very same as those K-1 visaholders who marry and have to file for the AOS via the
I-485 just like you. The wait time and the completion of the form are the same with the
exception of the question pertaining to the K-1 information needed on the application.

If you are doing an I-130 while the foreign spouse is outside of the US, there is a
difference but the wait times for the various INS Service Centers are posted on Matt
Udall's site and there are several regular posters here who have gone that route and can
answer questions for you if you were to ask.

Any one NG cannot be all things to all people. If you and those like yourself who are
doing the I-130 with the spouse outside the US are unhappy with the NG in terms of private
and official websites available to assist you or feel that the regulars who answer
questions here are no competent to do so or are uninterested in assisting you, I suggest
that you start a newsgroup dedicated to just that type of visa.

As for the K-3, it has not yet been finalized and the details are sketchy and it is still
awaiting enactment. There are several attorney immigration sites available for you to read
and participate in for answers. Bear in mind, however, that the answers are written in
stone on the K-3.

Rita

> thanks for pointing that out because a few times when i posted I-130 related questions,
> I was asked to visit sites that have a lot more info on K1 visa than spousal visa. I
> really would like to hear about an 'informative' I-130 site if there is one, and also
> find out about the new K3 visa.
>
> WeFiledI-130 wrote:
> >
> > From what I have seen posted and replied to, it seams that most if not almost all of
> > I-130 questions are ignoreded in this group. There has got to be a more informative
> > and supportive group for I-130'rs....Please, if anybody knows of a more supportive
> > group, please email me at [email protected] Thank you for any help.

----------
This message was composed at http://www.editnews.com

Old Feb 26th 2001, 2:25 pm
Andy Platt

According to deja (now google search) the only posts you've made are to complain that
I-130 questions aren't answered. I'm a little at a loss as to how we can answer your
questions if you haven't posted them.

It is true that the I-130 help-site isn't quite as comprehensive as the fiance(e) visa
site but Alvena has an excellent section on DCF you should check out:

http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/dcf.html

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Feb 26th 2001, 2:55 pm
Diane M

This guy is either too stupid to ask questions when he doesn't know something or a troll.
I'm betting on troll. Classic troll pattern - show up and "innocently" ask a question that
is likely to divide the group into two sections (in this case, K-1 applicants and I-130
applicants) provide enough stimulation to the thread to keep it alive a day or two, then
sit back and watch the fur fly. If he's lucky, then today as people log on at work and see
his post they will either agree or disagree and a flame war will break out. What I've seen
of this group, however, makes that seem unlikely - it's pretty civilized and very
supportive. I think he baited the wrong trap. The only way to handle a troll is to ignore
it. It will go away in time.

If he isn't a troll I challenge him to actually post about his situation and ask questions
instead of offering insults. (if "if anyone knows of a more supportive group, e-mail me"
isn't an insult to a lot of hard working people in this group, I don't know what is)

Diane

Andy Platt wrote:

> According to deja (now google search) the only posts you've made are to complain that
> I-130 questions aren't answered. I'm a little at a loss as to how we can answer your
> questions if you haven't posted them.
>
> It is true that the I-130 help-site isn't quite as comprehensive as the fiance(e) visa
> site but Alvena has an excellent section on DCF you should check out:
>
> http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/dcf.html
>
> Andy.
>
> --
> I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Feb 27th 2001, 12:42 am
WeFiledI-130

Again, I will state that our case is NOT DCF! We are in a country where DCF is not
available to us and thus we cannot do DCF I-130 filing!

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:25:54 -0500, "Andy Platt"

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Feb 27th 2001, 12:53 am
WeFiledI-130

No. I am not a troll. I changed my name to protect the innocent!

I am not baiting anyone. We are just frustrated and want to share our frustrations with
those who want to listen and give support in turn. We have given advise to others in the
past - under a different name thus you cannot find us on deja aka google.com - and just
want to hear from others about how their petitions have gone/are going........ that are in
a similar situation as us ie. I-130 NOT DCF.

Our question is - now that 25 threads have been posted so that people can argue - has the
longest wait time now elapsed? We have received via phone aN oral approval of our I-130
application from the service centre after waiting almost 8 months (2nd NOA). Is that
usually the longest period of time from one step to the next in the whole process? I am
scared that NVC will take just as long, if not longer, as they have 4 times the amount of
work as that of the service centres........ Are my fears justified? Can anyone give
lengths of time taken between the different steps (ie 1st NOA to 2nd NOA - 2nd NOA to NVC
- NVC to packet 3 receipt - packet 3 receipt to packet 3 approval - packet 3 approval to
interview - etc etc).

I hope that I will get just as many posts, if not more, to answer my questions above.

Thank you in advance for your time in your response. (and thank you to those numerous
people who have emailed us at our hotmail address that feel the same way as we do)

I guess On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 07:55:23 -0800, Diane M

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Feb 27th 2001, 1:39 am
Grinch

>
    >

Thats right I believe Canada does not do DCF. What Service Centre did you use?

Grinch

Old Feb 27th 2001, 3:06 am
Alex Jackson

>

Even though I am in the US we ended up with an approved I-130 first. It was approved at
NSC August 2/00 and I received the packet 3 in Montana by the end of August (it was post
marked Aug
23/00).

That is all the info I can offer since I did not need the packet 3.

Alex

Old Feb 27th 2001, 11:04 am
Grinch

>

Is it Robert and Suzanne?

Grinch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.