I-130 ...sent.

Old Jan 18th 2018, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-130 ...sent.

Hello all just an update.
Went to the states in December and got married. I-130. I-130a. G1145, Completed with all evidence. The big hold up was waiting for the marriage licence to come, which came 4 days after I left.
Package sent recorded to Chicago lockbox to arrive Tuesday 16th. Wed the 17th we received I-1797 with 13 digit number, and today the 18th I've checked the bank online app and they have taken $535 from our account.

Just went on the uscis case check site, stating that they will be sending notice on how to proceed with our case.
Wasn't expecting, the above so quick. I'm really pleased the I-130 was done ok....extremely happy at moment, although I know there's many months ahead.....
Old Jan 18th 2018, 6:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 ...sent.

Waiting for the marriage certificate, not license.

The I-130 has safely arrived at USCIS. Now it will be reviewed.

Rene
Old Jan 18th 2018, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Waiting for the marriage certificate, not license.

The I-130 has safely arrived at USCIS. Now it will be reviewed.

Rene
Yes apologies certificate.

So they take fee first then review ?
Old Jan 18th 2018, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tkd67

Yep.
Old Jan 18th 2018, 9:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. The first thing they do is take your money. LOL

The notice you will get soon is a receipt from USCIS.

Now they will put your file in a queue to be reviewed. Many months later, it makes its way to someone's desk. If the reviewer finds something missing or clarification is needed, they will send you an RFE (Request for Further Evidence). If all is OK, the I-130 gets approved and the case moves to NVC.

You can expect this I-130 stage to take around 6 months or so.

Rene
Old Jan 19th 2018, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes. The first thing they do is take your money. LOL

The notice you will get soon is a receipt from USCIS.

Now they will put your file in a queue to be reviewed. Many months later, it makes its way to someone's desk. If the reviewer finds something missing or clarification is needed, they will send you an RFE (Request for Further Evidence). If all is OK, the I-130 gets approved and the case moves to NVC.

You can expect this I-130 stage to take around 6 months or so.

Rene

Thankyou....
I suppose all I can hope for now is that nothing is wrong , which would delay it , thinking now I'd wish I'd added more but it seemed ok at the time, and hopes it finds its way to someone quickly. I'll let you know lol
Regards..
Old Jan 19th 2018, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

anothercalamity is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had my I-130 approved - it took 8 months and the wait is getting longer, you can check their processing times online. Good luck.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anothercalamity
Just had my I-130 approved - it took 8 months and the wait is getting longer, you can check their processing times online. Good luck.
Jesus , really ! I had a figure of maybe 4/5 months , any prediction on the time scale for the next phase..
Thankyou...
Old Jan 19th 2018, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

anothercalamity is an unknown quantity at this point

Jesus , really ! I had a figure of maybe 4/5 months , any prediction on the time scale for the next phase..
Thankyou...
No clue how long the next bit takes, just asked the question for a ball park figure in a new thread.
But yes....you are looking at 8 months for the first part at the moment. You can go on the uscis site and look at processing times for your service centre.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anothercalamity
No clue how long the next bit takes, just asked the question for a ball park figure in a new thread.
But yes....you are looking at 8 months for the first part at the moment. You can go on the uscis site and look at processing times for your service centre.
God knows, I can't understand it lol . Sent 1-30 to Chicago and the receipt code came up Nebraska ...
Was hoping before the end of the year, oh well...
Old Jan 19th 2018, 9:06 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

Chicago is just a lockbox, Nebraska is the field office it was sent to for processing.

Mine went to Texas and took 6 months to approval, each office seems to be different with approval timelines.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by StuBear65
Chicago is just a lockbox, Nebraska is the field office it was sent to for processing.

Mine went to Texas and took 6 months to approval, each office seems to be different with approval timelines.

Cheers, that's what I was hoping for too, each field office had different timelines, I shall see in the coming months
Thankyou.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 3:46 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Nebraska is currently taking around 9 months. But I find it balances itself out in the end. Nebraska sends them to NVC within days of I-130 approval (certainly was true for me and others I "met" during this process) but Texas tends to hang on to them for longer. People have reported waits of up to 2 months for Texas to send on to the NVC.

During the wait, start preparing for the NVC and embassy. Get your vaccinations up to date. Apply for any overseas police certificates you need. Get any foreign documents translated. Send off for your long form birth certificate if you don't already have it. Military discharge papers if you ever served in a military anywhere in the world. That sort of stuff.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Nebraska is currently taking around 9 months. But I find it balances itself out in the end. Nebraska sends them to NVC within days of I-130 approval (certainly was true for me and others I "met" during this process) but Texas tends to hang on to them for longer. People have reported waits of up to 2 months for Texas to send on to the NVC.

During the wait, start preparing for the NVC and embassy. Get your vaccinations up to date. Apply for any overseas police certificates you need. Get any foreign documents translated. Send off for your long form birth certificate if you don't already have it. Military discharge papers if you ever served in a military anywhere in the world. That sort of stuff.
Thankyou....

One question is I'm baffeled on the affidavit of support, my wife is actually going through the forms and will be getting all her tax bits ready and sorted for the next stage...
That next stage, had us baffled...... the affidavit of support , is that sent in by my wife with civil documents, with a fee, before I do the DS-261 (agent) which I will pick myself.....or is it later, I'm just lost a bit on this...
I know I take it to the final interview, but is that a copy or the documents she's submitted and returned...
I've looked and can't seem to find the answer, I need a human answer....regards...
Old Jan 20th 2018, 7:15 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

After you have submitted the DS-261, you will be invited to pay the AOS fee and the IV fee. Once these have been paid you will be able to submit your DS-260.

You then send your AOS package and IV package to NVC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.