I-130 Section 5A(6).

Old Sep 21st 2017, 6:34 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Section 5A(6).

It is a relief once it's submitted. Then it's sit back for 6 to 8 months and wait for the next stage.

Good luck.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 9:30 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

It pays to remember that there is an adjudicating officer who has to review the submission. Have pity on her for a job that basically sucks. As one of my bosses taught me a long time ago, "make it as easy as possible for the officer to say 'yes.'"

Also, I know several attorneys who worked for the minions of the dark forces prior to law school. More than once I was informed that a method of improving productivity was to adjudicate the skinny files first.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Sean81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChDaun331

...which I will be sending over to her in a suitcase with her sister on Wednesday,

D.
Just make sure your sister-in-law takes it in her carry-on! You don't want to be delayed thanks to an airline losing her baggage.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

I've been going through all my paperwork in preparation for my interview and had a thought regarding the link I shared earlier.

Make sure you use the most up-to-date forms available!

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/forms.html

https://www.uscis.gov/forms

Last edited by Sean81; Sep 22nd 2017 at 7:42 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

ChDaun331 is an unknown quantity at this point

Out of interest, does anyone know if the Affidavits for bone vida relationship have any restrictions, such as no family members etc? Can my father submit one? hes a police constable? Wasnt sure if there was restrictions like when you have to have passport photos signed for.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 3:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest, does anyone know if the Affidavits for bone vida relationship have any restrictions, such as no family members etc? Can my father submit one? hes a police constable? Wasnt sure if there was restrictions like when you have to have passport photos signed for.
It can be anyone. Back in the olden days it was asked, and believe still is, that the person giving the declaration include their name, address, phone number, citizenship or residency, and in the body of the affidavit the relationship to the person(s) they are affirming knowledge of, how long they have know that person, the time and place of such observation, etc. Photos of the person attesting are not required. I do believe it is clearly spelled out in the instructions but happy to help if I can.

I believe you are placing too much emphasis on these affidavits but if it makes you feel better, so be it. Don't you have pictures of the both of you together at a social function or at your wedding. Have you not exchanged cards or letters?

USCIS understands and accepts that you are newlyweds and have little proof of a commingled life together. You will have the opportunity to give more proof at the US Embassy interview.

Last edited by Rete; Sep 25th 2017 at 3:13 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

"Out of interest, does anyone know if the Affidavits for bone vida relationship have any restrictions, such as no family members etc? Can my father submit one? hes a police constable? Wasnt sure if there was restrictions like when you have to have passport photos signed for."

I don't believe there are any restrictions. I submitted 3: one from a friend of 20 years, one from a work colleague and one from my USC mother-in-law. I had no issues.

FYI, I wrote it all for them and just had them each read and sign it.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 12:26 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

When I was in practice, a common question asked in marriage cases was whether or not family members, particularly parents, knew of the marriage.

Also, I would very rarely submit written declarations - they are the weakest type of evidence.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hey everyone, I think ive just posted this to wrong the thread but here it is again, im on the I130 filling in the document for my wife,

I have come to the questions 61 and 62.

61A the beneficiary IS IN the united states and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident at the USCIS office :

then 62a: The beneficiary WILL NOT apply for adjustment of status IN the united states, but he or she will apply for an immigrant visa abroad at the US Embassy or US Consulate in:

I am a UK resident applying to go to the US. I am confused as to how to answer these questions, can someone clear this up for me? Do I put N/A in 61 and fill the 62 in with my local office (London)????
Old Sep 26th 2017, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hey everyone, I think ive just posted this to wrong the thread but here it is again, im on the I130 filling in the document for my wife,

I have come to the questions 61 and 62.

61A the beneficiary IS IN the united states and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident at the USCIS office :

then 62a: The beneficiary WILL NOT apply for adjustment of status IN the united states, but he or she will apply for an immigrant visa abroad at the US Embassy or US Consulate in:

I am a UK resident applying to go to the US. I am confused as to how to answer these questions, can someone clear this up for me? Do I put N/A in 61 and fill the 62 in with my local office (London)????
I don't remember what my wife and I did (it was over a year and many documents ago) but yes, I would write N/A in 61a and 61b, and fill out 61a, b,c as London like you said.

Others (more knowledgeable than me) may disagree, however.

Sean
Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:39 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sean81
I don't remember what my wife and I did (it was over a year and many documents ago) but yes, I would write N/A in 61a and 61b, and fill out 61a, b,c as London like you said.

Others (more knowledgeable than me) may disagree, however.

Sean
I agree.

Rene
Old Sep 27th 2017, 8:31 am
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

I have just looked at my I130, we left 61 blank and put "London" in 62a and "United Kingdom" in 62c
Old Oct 19th 2017, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Brilliant, Thank you, thats exactly what I have done. We filled out the forms and provided photographic evidence with dates and times and labelled the people in each picture as best as we could, along with the I130a and the Notification form, Money Order for the $545 for filling and photocopies of each others passports, birth certificates, marriage licence and a couple of affidavits from each side! we filled on the 10th, USCIS in phoenix recieved the package on the 12th (as confirmed by USPS) But we are still awaiting notification directly from them via the email address we supplied on the G1145 form. I believe it does say they would notify us 24 hours after recieving the package. Should we be worried?
Old Oct 19th 2017, 2:41 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant, Thank you, thats exactly what I have done. We filled out the forms and provided photographic evidence with dates and times and labelled the people in each picture as best as we could, along with the I130a and the Notification form, Money Order for the $545 for filling and photocopies of each others passports, birth certificates, marriage licence and a couple of affidavits from each side! we filled on the 10th, USCIS in phoenix recieved the package on the 12th (as confirmed by USPS) But we are still awaiting notification directly from them via the email address we supplied on the G1145 form. I believe it does say they would notify us 24 hours after recieving the package. Should we be worried?
My e-notification took 3 weeks to come through, it's not a reliable system at best, as many have found.
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

So my wife has just received the pack back with a rejection letter..... >.<

It states "Payment amount is incorrect or has not been provided.Please review the form instructions for fee information. Please resubmit this application/petition with appropriate fees to the address listed at the bottom of this page

Please be sure to complete the petition fully, submit the appropriate fees and include all required supporting documentation"

Turns out we submitted a filing fee money order of $545 instead of $535.

How many attempts do we get at filing the petition? I believe all forms and documentation that we can supply them has been provided. really silly mistake to make....I wish they would have just kept the extra 10 dollars!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.