I-130 question

Old Jan 17th 2017, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Pete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to behold
Default I-130 question

Hi all, Looking for some advice please. I'm a UKC married to a USC (who also has UKC) and we currently live in the UK. Due to recent poor health of my wife's father we decided to move our family over to the US, and last September filled in the I-130 and posted it off to the Chicago drop box (as instructed on the form). I've been reading posts on this forum and many people appear to have sent their I-130 forms straight to London as part of the DCF process, so my question is have we delayed or even messed up or application by not going directly through London? Thanks.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 6:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 question

It's not messed up, it's just going to take a few months longer. I-130s filed to the USA go through NVC, whereas when filed to London it skips that part.

Once the I-130 has been filed, you can't then change direction.

Rene
Old Jan 17th 2017, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Pete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to behold

Darn. Oh well, we'll just have to wait!

Thanks Rene
Old Jan 17th 2017, 6:57 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pete_Maz
... last September filled in the I-130 and posted it off to the Chicago drop box...
US immigration won't send information overseas (until the paperwork gets to the NVC stage), so I hope you provided a stable US address for all the paperwork, and that there's someone at that address who can respond to any US immigration requests and keep you updated as to what's going on.

Ian
Old Jan 17th 2017, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
US immigration won't send information overseas (until the paperwork gets to the NVC stage), so I hope you provided a stable US address for all the paperwork, and that there's someone at that address who can respond to any US immigration requests and keep you updated as to what's going on.

Ian
Thanks Ian, but not sure what you mean. We also sent the 1145 form and it asked how we wanted communications for our application, and we've since received an email and letter advising the 130 had been received and we can also receive updates on our application via the case number provided.
What do you mean immigration won't send information overseas?
Thanks
Old Jan 17th 2017, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pete_Maz
What do you mean immigration won't send information overseas?
Well, it seems I am mistaken. My bad.

Ian