Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Passport photos, where to get and what to put them in?

I-130 Passport photos, where to get and what to put them in?

Old Oct 13th 2015, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-130 Passport photos, where to get and what to put them in?

Hi All,

I'm asking as I haven't had a chance to go and look yet, but do passport photo booths here in the UK do USA sized (2" x 2") photos? If not, where is best to get some? Can we just take ones in the house against a white background and print them off online? I'd rather do an official photobooth version if possible as it reduces the chance of them being rejected.

Secondly, I've read that people secure the photos to the supporting documentation using a small plastic bag, where do you get bags this small from?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 13th 2015, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Passport photos, where to get and what to put them in?

Originally Posted by Harveyspecter
... do passport photo booths here in the UK do USA sized (2" x 2") photos? If not, where is best to get some?
I'm pretty sure Snappy Snaps does them.

I've read that people secure the photos to the supporting documentation using a small plastic bag, where do you get bags this small from?
They just use regular zip-lock bags... or none at all. It doesn't matter one bit how you secure them.

Ian
Old Oct 13th 2015, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Ottewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I'm asking as I haven't had a chance to go and look yet, but do passport photo booths here in the UK do USA sized (2" x 2") photos? If not, where is best to get some? Can we just take ones in the house against a white background and print them off online? I'd rather do an official photobooth version if possible as it reduces the chance of them being rejected.

Secondly, I've read that people secure the photos to the supporting documentation using a small plastic bag, where do you get bags this small from?

Thanks in advance.
I live in a very homogenous part of Lincolnshire and was pleasantly surprised to see that the photo booth in our local Tesco's has an option for US passport photos. £7 for 4
Old Oct 13th 2015, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

maz980 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Harveyspecter;11770794]Hi All,

I'm asking as I haven't had a chance to go and look yet, but do passport photo booths here in the UK do USA sized (2" x 2") photos? If not, where is best to get some?

The machines at train stations allow you to select what size required
Old Oct 13th 2015, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, the concise and super fast responses here never fail to amaze me!

Thanks all, I'll have a look at Tesco's when I'm there next.
Old Oct 13th 2015, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Ottewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, the concise and super fast responses here never fail to amaze me!

Thanks all, I'll have a look at Tesco's when I'm there next.
Dude, we are all in this together. Best of luck for the coming months
Old Oct 13th 2015, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you, I'll keep you posted no doubt.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 10:14 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

General comment:

The photo requirement is somehting they put in the wake of the 1986 IMFA legislation and it applies to spousal I-130's only. In my experience, the photos were pretty much for the purspose of avoiding the use of "ringers" in the process. In other words, they are not used in the generation of documents.

So, if the photos are kind of close to US specifications, the minions of the Dark Forces don't really seem to care.

Some people use the glassine envelopes, some the manila coin envelopes. I've seen people simply staple the photos to the I-130. To be quite honest, I've never seen any problems.

IMHO, the requirement is a vestigial one which no one can be bothered to get rid of.

Good luck.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you Mr Folinsky.

I'll still aim to get the US spec photos though, just to be sure.