Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

i-130 Money Order, Dept of Homeland Address?

i-130 Money Order, Dept of Homeland Address?

Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-130 Money Order, Dept of Homeland Address?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that your daughter is actually very good evidence already. You don't have to do too much else.
  • Daughter's birth certificate showing you both as parents
  • Photos of you together
  • A couple of sworn statements

Should be fine.

Rene
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

TrueCompist is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, thank you all!
One last;
Can the affidavit be type, printed, then signed?
Or does the entire thing have to be hand written?
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrueCompist
Okay, thank you all!
One last;
Can the affidavit be type, printed, then signed?
Or does the entire thing have to be hand written?
Typed or handwritten, it doesn't matter. As long as it has an original signature on it.

Rene
Old Jan 8th 2014, 4:23 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrueCompist
Ah, okay.
I'll just tell her to put U.S. Department of Homeland Security on the Pay To: and leave the address blank!

Two more questions, as neither of us are sure and want to do this right.

A cover letter was not mentioned in the instructions, but I've heard it is needed. If so does anyone have an example we could go off of?
It is not needed. I never bothered with one and my AOS proceeded just fine by just sending in the required forms and evidence required.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 4:30 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You don't HAVE to do anything you don't WANT to do. Yes, a joint savings account would be a good piece of joint evidence. But only if you WANT a joint savings account. Also, if you are in the UK and she's in the USA, I'm not sure a joint account can be opened...but she can try.
I managed this no problems. My USC wife is a joint account holder on my UK bank account. I simply sent a cover letter to the bank with a copy of our marriage certificate. My wife was added within a fortnight and a letter sent as confirmation. Adding her as a third party holder on my credit cards was relatively easy as well; I didn't even require a marriage certificate.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 7:09 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

In the craziness of April 2001, a friend's firm sent in an I-130 with an unsigned check and the crap hit the fan. They did the Ninth Circuit appeal on their own nickel. http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-9th-circuit/1491911.html
Old Jan 8th 2014, 7:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
In the craziness of April 2001, a friend's firm sent in an I-130 with an unsigned check and the crap hit the fan. They did the Ninth Circuit appeal on their own nickel. http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-9th-circuit/1491911.html
Was the petitioner granted his PR status ultimately do you know?
Old Jan 10th 2014, 1:21 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Was the petitioner granted his PR status ultimately do you know?
I pulled down the official decision from the 9th Circuit's website since it has the A number. I then checked with the immigration court automated hotline. The last item was that the Immigration Judge terminated proceedings on November 22, 2010.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 1:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I pulled down the official decision from the 9th Circuit's website since it has the A number. I then checked with the immigration court automated hotline. The last item was that the Immigration Judge terminated proceedings on November 22, 2010.
Blimey, that's quite a long time! Thanks for letting me know, appreciated!