Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 : MAJOR issues at US Border recently

I-130 : MAJOR issues at US Border recently

Old Feb 6th 2014, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

jeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to beholdjeheardy8 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I-130 : MAJOR issues at US Border recently

Originally Posted by Noorah101
My guess is that this will be his last VWP visit, anyway, as he can stay for up to 90 days, and it won't even take that long to get through NVC. Most likely, he'll have to go back to the UK to finish the process even before this VWP visit is up...or else delay the process until this VWP visit is up.

Rene
Rene is absolutely correct.

I anticipate (fingers crossed) this being my last VWP visit.

NVC received our case 2/3 weeks ago ... I am able to be in the USA until May 3rd latest - which happens to be my birthday lol.

In my mind, from what others have said, I expect to cut my 90 days here short and head back during April for the medical/interview.

Praying that it all goes smooth from here on in!
Old Feb 6th 2014, 4:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
I know it's none of my business...
You're right... it's not. His reasons are his own!

Ian
Old Feb 6th 2014, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Ask your wife to come to Britain next time. That's what we did until my visa was approved.
There you go... telling people what to do based on your own experience. I tried to warn you about this - but it seems to have not sunk in yet.

Ian
Old Feb 6th 2014, 4:50 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
There you go... telling people what to do based on your own experience. I tried to warn you about this - but it seems to have not sunk in yet.
You would suggest the OP continues to attempt to enter on the VWP given his name is probably flagged for potential abuse of the program? OR, would you suggest that he doesn't travel to the US until his immigrant visa is approved?

I'd be very interested to know.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 4:50 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

You're right... it's not. His reasons are his own
..which he had no issues sharing.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

I'd be very interested to know.
I wouldn't have told him what to do - and that's the difference between us. You can give whatever advice you want - but don't put things in the form of a command, which is what you did. You can't tell people what to do or how to live, although you can suggest a course of action. There's a difference between the two.

I really am trying to make you a better poster in these forums, but I can see that you're resisting! I'm not put off though!

Ian
Old Feb 6th 2014, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

..which he had no issues sharing.
That's actually beside the point! You didn't ask him why he comes to America, but why he stays so long - as if it should matter to you, personally. The question was impertinent.

Ian
Old Feb 6th 2014, 5:07 pm
Banned

I wouldn't have told him what to do - and that's the difference between us. You can give whatever advice you want - but don't put things in the form of a command, which is what you did. You can't tell people what to do or how to live, although you can suggest a course of action. There's a difference between the two.
I should have said 'personally, I would', but then you would have probably criticised me for referring to my own experience.

I take your point re command <> advice. I shall write 'I suggest' now, rather than providing an instruction.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

I take your point re command <> advice. I shall write 'I suggest' now, rather than providing an instruction.
Believe it or not, you and I are a lot alike in how we respond to the posts we read. It's almost as though we share a common brain... which should strike fear into the hearts of the long-time members of the forum.

As Jennifer Jones said in Good Morning, Miss Dove, "I shall continue to follow your career with interest".

Ian
Old Feb 6th 2014, 5:42 pm
Banned

Believe it or not, you and I are a lot alike in how we respond to the posts we read. It's almost as though we share a common brain
That's no bad thing, surely? ;p
Old Feb 6th 2014, 5:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Believe it or not, you and I are a lot alike in how we respond to the posts we read. It's almost as though we share a common brain... which should strike fear into the hearts of the long-time members of the forum.
LOL

Rene
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL

Rene
New Bromance
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:09 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

True story from my trove of "war" stories.

Had a Taiwanese client who made frequent trips to the US on his B-1 visa. On one trip, he married his long time girlfriend who was a U.S. citizen. He left two weeks after entry. Two months later, he enters the US on self-same B-1 visa. Prepares and files "combined processing" I-130/485 the day after arrival. At that time the procedure was to file at local district office and advance parole was issued on the spot [didn't even need an I-131!]. He left ten days later. Five months later he enters on the advance parole for his interview.

Former INS officer doing the interview is bent out of shape and making noises of "pre-conceived intent" and even "fraud." Anticipating this, the excellent lawyer representing them had a brief already prepared. One, "PCI" is a negative discretionary factor which is outweighed by his wife's citizenship followed by the legal citations. Then, the cherry on the sundae -- his intent at last entry was to come in, do business and depart after ten days. His actions were entirely consistent with his visa status and his intent was to comply with his visa status. I also cranked in a BIA case which states that filing for adjustment was NOT a violation of non-immigrant status.

Stamp, stamp, stamp, Welcome to the United States.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:52 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I have to commend you on keeping a cool level head through that! You did good!!

Rene
Going through secondary is never really a pleasant experience. I've mentioned that I've been through examinations entering Canada and the UK with ultimate success. I've gone through Israeli airport security prior to boarding.

So I am actually sympathetic to OP.

Rather than anger, I would say I was somewhat "amused."
Old Feb 9th 2014, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

I have also been accused of "abusing the visa waiver program", this was also at Newark. This last time i dealt with an angry Mexican styled type officer. He seemed the like that would put a cigarette out on my hand.

He had told me that i had over stayed a previous VWP. I questioned this as we had been so careful with our dates. This angered him more and said "excuses, my 12 year old gives me excuses".

Luckily they were good cop bad copping me and the good cop came around to my romantic plea that i was here to propose to my girlfriend through my quaking voice.

In my case, Im pretty certain i have used my last vwp and will have to wait for the process to be finished

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.