Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old May 7th 2011, 8:59 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
its a better stage to be at than the USCIS where you just have silence for 4 months!
Oh wow yes!
Old May 7th 2011, 9:56 am
CR1 Visa

SimonJW is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad to hear all these positive experiences of the NVC process! I guess we at least have to wait a few days before we start bugging the NVC though, right??

I think we have everything in order but i'm going to go through all the guides and stuff this weekend to make sure we have everything we need and i know what's going on - im sure I will have more questions for you all then!

Thanks,
Simon
Old May 7th 2011, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SimonJW
I'm glad to hear all these positive experiences of the NVC process! I guess we at least have to wait a few days before we start bugging the NVC though, right??

I think we have everything in order but i'm going to go through all the guides and stuff this weekend to make sure we have everything we need and i know what's going on - im sure I will have more questions for you all then!

Thanks,
Simon
I actually found the NVC to be pretty straightforward, but again it all depends on circumstances I think!
I was all ready to bug the NVC but never had to! Good luck with the next step though! Any questions just ask!
Old May 10th 2011, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

well called NVC again today and our case was officially in system yesterday, so we have our LND number and shall be getting choice of agent form in next few days.

Exciiiiting
Old May 10th 2011, 10:37 pm
CR1 Visa

Hi guys,

Just a couple of quick questions about the NVC stage:

1. When using assets on the I-864, what proof do they require? Is it just the latest bank statement? are they ok if they are printed from an online account (we no longer get paper statements)? I cant find any further information about the requirement so wondering if anyone has any experience of this?

2. Do all letters/forms sent to the agent also get emailed to either the USC or me (the UKC)? From looking at the links about speeding up the NVC process it seems like we can get the forms online and fill them out, just adding the barcode/case number to the top, so what comes in the mail is redundant? We are both in the UK (but filling in the US) so are using a friend in the US as the agent but if we can get all the forms online that would save us having our friend forward the mail to us after opening.

I called the NVC today and went through the automatic voice thing to see if they had our case yet, but they had no record, which isn't surprising as its only been 3 business days, but I thought it worth a try anyway! I guess if it still says that next week I'll try to talk to an operator as I've seen some people say the AVR system doesn't always update.
Old May 10th 2011, 10:38 pm
CR1 Visa

Originally Posted by britishspouse
well called NVC again today and our case was officially in system yesterday, so we have our LND number and shall be getting choice of agent form in next few days.

Exciiiiting

That's great news! did they say they will email the choice of agent form or do you have to wait for it in the post?
Old May 10th 2011, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Hi guys,

2. Do all letters/forms sent to the agent also get emailed to either the USC or me (the UKC)? From looking at the links about speeding up the NVC process it seems like we can get the forms online and fill them out, just adding the barcode/case number to the top, so what comes in the mail is redundant? We are both in the UK (but filling in the US) so are using a friend in the US as the agent but if we can get all the forms online that would save us having our friend forward the mail to us after opening.
I called today and told them that because im currently in the US visiting id like to have my choice of agent form emailed and the guy said no problem. He took my email address and said it would be emailed to me and posted also, so I can just print it from email and send it in that way. Alot of people recommend doing both e-mailing and posting it seems, but I think as long as you can call to confirm they received forms emailing is fine.

Just read your other reply too simon. Yep they are e-mailing the choice of agent form to me in the next few days

Also for an update..... NVC received out case april 27th, and it was OFFICIALLY entered into system may 9th When i First called they said call back in 15 business days, but it turned out to be a bit sooner

Last edited by britishspouse; May 10th 2011 at 10:44 pm.
Old May 10th 2011, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

just a quick Q also.... so i can now book my medical using the LND number correct? Or should I wait a bit until more documents are sent in
Old May 10th 2011, 10:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

just a quick Q also.... so i can now book my medical using the LND number correct? Or should I wait a bit until more documents are sent in
I believe as soon as you have your LND number, you can book your medical. Don't forget you'll need a copy of your police report to take to the medical.

Rene
Old May 10th 2011, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I believe as soon as you have your LND number, you can book your medical. Don't forget you'll need a copy of your police report to take to the medical.

Rene
ok awesome i'll get it booked tomorrow for when i get home

Thanks noorah ! Yeah I have an original back home, as well as a copy to take with me
Old May 10th 2011, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

ok awesome i'll get it booked tomorrow for when i get home

Thanks noorah ! Yeah I have an original back home, as well as a copy to take with me
WD BS...now your feet may not touch the ground....getting closer for us now also.....cant wait to get a move on...weve been very patient up to now
Old May 11th 2011, 8:41 am
CR1 Visa

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
Maybe a stupid question, but is a regular photocopy of the police certificate ok for the medical? i only got one original and i know I have to send that to the NVC before the medical...
Old May 11th 2011, 8:53 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Maybe a stupid question, but is a regular photocopy of the police certificate ok for the medical? i only got one original and i know I have to send that to the NVC before the medical...
I used my scanner to give me a colour copy of mine.

I think a photocopy is fine, the doctors will be open now, just give them a ring
Old May 11th 2011, 8:54 am
CR1 VISA

Exciiiiting
Fan blooming tastic!

The 'choice of agent' form is the only one we are allowed to email the NVC with
Old May 11th 2011, 4:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, a photocopy is fine.

Top Tip: Retain a photocopy for yourself of everything you submit... your own shadow copy of your 'A' file. Keep it forever, or discuss at naturalization.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.