Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Originally Posted by britishspouse
indeed I shall. And yes it feels like a great weight has been lifted, shall feel even better when all the rest of the paperwork is in and approved
Too right!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

britus is an unknown quantity at this point

We filed the I-130 and finally received our I-797C NOA that states our application has been received and will be processed. I assume that is good? We are going to try to file the I-129F next but we might have some questions.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britus
I assume that is good?
Yes.

We are going to try to file the I-129F next but we might have some questions.
Oh dear god, why? No, no, no, no, no... don't file the I-129F. That will result in a K-3 visa and you don't want one. Don't file anything else... let the I-130 process.

Ian
Old Apr 29th 2011, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Oh dear god, why? No, no, no, no, no... don't file the I-129F. That will result in a K-3 visa and you don't want one. Don't file anything else... let the I-130 process.

Ian
I thought we wanted a K-3? We are trying to be able to be together for the baby's birth(we have been married since June '10) which is in October and the customer service rep on the phone with the USCIS said that was the quickest way to allow that??
Old Apr 29th 2011, 3:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britus
I thought we wanted a K-3? We are trying to be able to be together for the baby's birth(we have been married since June '10) which is in October and the customer service rep on the phone with the USCIS said that was the quickest way to allow that??
hi again britus, I think it would be better for you to have your own thread, so we don't pull this one off topic.
Why don't you post one to introduce yourselves and let us know when you filed and where, plus where everyone lives.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
hi again britus, I think it would be better for you to have your own thread, so we don't pull this one off topic.
Why don't you post one to introduce yourselves and let us know when you filed and where, plus where everyone lives.
will do
Old May 2nd 2011, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow,
just realised its May and our petition is 4 nearly months in.....I dont want to tempt fate in that things slow down, but I think this year seems to be flying by
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Latest on our progress although we are still waiting for an approval from USICS.

Sent all my paperwork regarding the DS-230 to our attorney via email and has checked it and had spotted a silly spelling error on a continuation sheet.

Well worth checking and re-checking even if its someone else!

Now my DS-230 and paperwork will be winging its way to my wife tomorrow....at last something to do albeit posting something, sense of doing something
Old May 6th 2011, 12:17 pm
CR1 Visa

SimonJW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,
I got an email from USCIS this morning:

On May 5, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Very happy to see it come through - we filed on December 27 so its a little over 4 months, which doesn't seem to bad. Frustrating that we now have to wait for the NVC to get the case from USCIS before we can do anything but at least the wheels are in motion!

Simon
Old May 6th 2011, 12:29 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

If you haven't already done so, make sure your USC other half gets hold of your original police certificate, birth and Marriage certificate too. You'll also need this .pdf as well:

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DS-0230.pdf

Don't forget to scan/photocopy your Police Certificate for your medical.

It can take about 2-3 weeks for the NVC to receive your application from the USCIS and input it into their system. Either wait until they email your USC other half their first letter, or ring them up in a couple of weeks to find out your 'LND' number. This is the code you'll need to book your medical. It does not matter that the embassy will not know you exist yet.

Good luck!
Old May 6th 2011, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SimonJW
Hey guys,
I got an email from USCIS this morning:

On May 5, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Very happy to see it come through - we filed on December 27 so its a little over 4 months, which doesn't seem to bad. Frustrating that we now have to wait for the NVC to get the case from USCIS before we can do anything but at least the wheels are in motion!

Simon
And boy you can go really fast in this next stage if you are ready!!! As Brucky says all the next form finding and ordering will speed you up if you act now and are ready.

Congrats by the way
Old May 7th 2011, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wolfy
And boy you can go really fast in this next stage if you are ready!!! As Brucky says all the next form finding and ordering will speed you up if you act now and are ready.

Congrats by the way
I called up NVC but have to wait 15 business days until they have my info in system i was told.... thats soooo long lol :P

I may do a sneaky call before then just in case, so I can book my medical for as soon as i get back to UK
Old May 7th 2011, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britishspouse
I called up NVC but have to wait 15 business days until they have my info in system i was told.... thats soooo long lol :P

I may do a sneaky call before then just in case, so I can book my medical for as soon as i get back to UK
It would be rude not to Quoting Brucky
Old May 7th 2011, 8:09 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

When I rang the NVC to speak to a human, I was presented with phrases like this, "wait 15 business days etc." "Please allow 6-8 weeks etc", but we shot through in a month.

When you hear them say these long dates, don't be too disheartened, the guys and gals who pick up the phone have a standard script to follow, and they are good in that they do it to the letter!

I spent 10 years in a call centre, hated it, I can appreciate it from both sides.

The NVC part is a frustrating experience but following the guides you can get through it quickly.
Old May 7th 2011, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brucky
When I rang the NVC to speak to a human, I was presented with phrases like this, "wait 15 business days etc." "Please allow 6-8 weeks etc", but we shot through in a month.

When you hear them say these long dates, don't be too disheartened, the guys and gals who pick up the phone have a standard script to follow, and they are good in that they do it to the letter!

I spent 10 years in a call centre, hated it, I can appreciate it from both sides.

The NVC part is a frustrating experience but following the guides you can get through it quickly.

I cant actually believe how quick we got through the NVC and we didnt even try to rush it!
I spoke to the people at the NVC a couple of times and found them to be really helpful, its a better stage to be at than the USCIS where you just have silence for 4 months!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.