Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Jan 26th 2011, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Eeteet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

It is super tough. I'm thinking of looking at jobs paying 30% less than I could get, just to have something to do lol

I'm only going 11th feb to 6th March, into Phoenix. They have seemed pretty laid back my last 2 visits (oct10th -23rd and Nov 18th - dec 26th). I have a lot of evidence such as dr.appointment for surgery end march, letter from mortgage lender confirming I own a house with mortgage, dentist appointment, just bought a car, and legal dealings with ex over son along with numerous other stuff.

I am hoping it will be OK, I'm going to trust that I am honest, I am being honest, and my intensions genuinely are to come back home, POE should be smart enough to see that, I HOPE lol.

But yes, I think the excitement of meeting her and watching the hours tick down, then to be turned away would be quite literally the worse thing that has ever happened to me so far in life. I would rather have a system where they just told you before you flew whether or not you will get in or not!! At least then you're not built up to be crushed lol. In my defence, if they say this is my 3rd visit since October, I can say it's also only my 3rd visit in the last TWELVE Months lol
Old Jan 26th 2011, 8:32 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by britishspouse
Im also dreading POE too, but RDU have always been nice enough in the past. How long are you visiting for? Im going for 71 days, which sounds a long time, so i hope it goes ok. I dont know how id cope if i were to get refused
I flew to America last year to be with my Wife, and I stayed for 87 days.

Like everyone else!, I was very nervous about the POE.

What I was more concerned with was that I can not get a signal in the airport with my mobile phone. If I had been delayed or worse, there was no way I could tell my Wife what was going on!

I had with me a print out of a bank statement showing how much back-up money I had. One credit card, and about $4,000 cash. I also had a letter from my employer showing I had 'unpaid leave' with the dates listed when I was to return to work. And my return flight ticket too.

But, none of this was needed!

Eventually I got to the immigration guy. I handed over my passport and the customs form. Also a print-out of my ESTA form. I also filled in the I-94W green card, even though you do not need it. No harm eh?

I was asked where was I staying and who with. Purpose - "Lots of sightseeing and visiting friends"

How long was I staying for? "87 days, I'm taking full advantage of YOUR tourist visa"

I was asked how much I had with me, I said $4,000. During this fingerprints were taken, and a photograph too, all standard stuff. I was then sent on my way.

So I over-prepared, and my paperwork wasn't needed. Very relieved!!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Does anyone know if their computer systems are joined up enough to know :

1. you got married in USA
2. you have filed an I-130

?

3. slightly different question, does a 3 week visit after being out the country 7 weeks, seem that out of the ordinary ?
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:10 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Eeteet
3. slightly different question, does a 3 week visit after being out the country 7 weeks, seem that out of the ordinary ?

As a general rule of thumb you should spend more time in England than America.

In 2009 I had a 40 day gap between visits, and a 10 day gap too. But, at that point, I only had a gf, not a Wife!, I wasn't in anyway grilled at the time.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I would rather have a system where they just told you before you flew whether or not you will get in or not!
Perhaps you should fly through Shannon or Dublin. Do some research before you ask "why?".

Ian
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Perhaps you should fly through Shannon or Dublin. Do some research before you ask "why?".

Ian
Interesting , you can also do it via Canada too. I presume they are linked up to the same systems ? Therefore are they not just as likely to pick up on any dubious entry as any POE ?
Old Jan 26th 2011, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting , you can also do it via Canada too.
Yes, although that doesn't really help you... since you're not in Canada.

I presume they are linked up to the same systems ?
Yes.

Therefore are they not just as likely to pick up on any dubious entry as any POE ?
Yes... but if you're in the UK why would I specifically suggest Shannon or Dublin? Or perhaps you haven't yet figured out the pearl in all of this!

Ian
Old Jan 26th 2011, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

I need to get to Tucson , so was just looking into 1 stop options (London - Ontario - Tucson ) . I currently do ba direct to Phoenix , which is nice .

There seems to be plenty of options for Dublin to east coast then from there to Phoenix or Tucson , but adds about 7-8 hrs on journey .

Yes , maybe I am missing something . Ireland is not part of UK and they do not have same passports . So please enlighten me , as I can't see how the POE will be any easier on my visit after this next one via Dublin ,than the direct flight to Phoenix lol
Old Jan 27th 2011, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

So please enlighten me , as I can't see how the POE will be any easier on my visit after this next one via Dublin ,than the direct flight to Phoenix lol
You wrote: I would rather have a system where they just told you before you flew whether or not you will get in or not!

Since you pre-clear US immigration in both Shannon and Dublin (and Toronto)... you effectively get your wish. I suggested Ireland, since it's a shorter trip home for you if you're refused entry... but if you're allowed to get on the plane at all, you've already passed through US immigration.

I was trying to make your world an easier place to live!

Ian
Old Jan 27th 2011, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks , I see what you mean now. Saves a 20 hr round trip lol

but then maybe about that anyway by the time I've got to Dublin and then on to east coast etc. Are they historically more leniant in Ireland or actually stricter as they may be under greater scrutiny ?

If you were a betting man, what would say my changes of getting in for 3 week holday are, in Feb based on all the evidence I have ?

If they refuse me, do you think they would let me briefly see wife and kids who would be at airport picking me up ?
Old Jan 27th 2011, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

uknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud of

Thanks , I see what you mean now. Saves a 20 hr round trip lol

but then maybe about that anyway by the time I've got to Dublin and then on to east coast etc. Are they historically more leniant in Ireland or actually stricter as they may be under greater scrutiny ?

If you were a betting man, what would say my changes of getting in for 3 week holday are, in Feb based on all the evidence I have ?

If they refuse me, do you think they would let me briefly see wife and kids who would be at airport picking me up ?
Betting doesnt come into it, its up the the officer at POE but as I remember you had 2 trips late in the year last year and you are going again in feb on the VWP, might get in might not no one can say.

As for seeing the wife if entry is denied I would very much doubt it you are entering on the VWP waivering all rights so there is no reason for them to let you see them they will just detain you and send you back on next avaliable flight I speak from personal experience on this matter lol
Old Jan 27th 2011, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by uknobby
Betting doesnt come into it, its up the the officer at POE but as I remember you had 2 trips late in the year last year and you are going again in feb on the VWP, might get in might not no one can say.

As for seeing the wife if entry is denied I would very much doubt it you are entering on the VWP waivering all rights so there is no reason for them to let you see them they will just detain you and send you back on next avaliable flight I speak from personal experience on this matter lol
But are they not sensible to see I really am coming home and I have 14 SOLID pieces of evidence, it's been 7 weeks since I left and I'm only going for 3 weeks.

Doesn't it require quite a lot of dubious/ long stays etc to make them concerned ?

With the stuff I have, it really is plain and simple that I HAVE to go back, It would cost me my son AND about $120,000 dollars if I didnt lol
Old Jan 27th 2011, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

But are they not sensible to see I really am coming home and I have 14 SOLID pieces of evidence, it's been 7 weeks since I left and I'm only going for 3 weeks.
Well... they aren't required to be sensible, and they aren't obligated to look at any of your evidence.

Ian
Old Jan 27th 2011, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

As Ian states they are not obligated. They decide on the facts in fron of them, you are about to make a back to back trip if im not mistaken Eteet and the officer that inpects you presumes you are intending to enter and not leave, this is the premis every time you enter.

this is all that can be said on if you will or if you wont and its all up to the POE officer on the day.

I flew from Shannon just in case I was turned back so I didnt have to travel hours on end should I be denied, its an option and a good one if you can afford that bit more depending on dates you fly.

If you are denied, you will no longer be allowed to use the VWP and wait for the process to complete or yo OH will need to visit you.

These officers have pledged to serve and protect their country and if it means refusing you, me or the next person then they have done their job as laid out in their manuals!
Old Jan 27th 2011, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

I see, I would say it was back-to-back, it would have been 7 weeks, and only my 3rd trip in last 12 months lol.

Have read around, it seems there are people who have made closer trips, MUCH longer trips and more frequent ones than me, who have be perfectly fine or only had to show some stuff in secondary.

It SEEMS the ones refused did like 80 odd days then again in a few weeks. IDK, will just have to see. I dont think a 3 week visit after 7 weeks out of USA is that big a deal in comparison to many others I've seen. AND it's my birthday while I'm away and we are all booked up to take kids to Disney Land so it is a genuine holiday . BTW HOW EXPENSIVE is Disney Land, it's going to be about $600 for just 4 of us lol. Not quite Alton Towers hehe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.