Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Jan 12th 2011, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

lovemyUKSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Got my NOA1 dates Dec 23rd.. My case cannot be found either.. Im kinda looking at it like a blessing though.. I know I would seriously be a stalker about it if I can log in.

Hope this approval comes quick and we can be together soon!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishspouse
congrats on your marriage! Nice to find someone else in a similar timeframe to us
Thank you and watching your progress from here
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

My USC wife got the text today to confirm they got the application...2 days after it was signed for, wished the rest would be that fast...lol...

Now that she has the WAC number, can that be used to track it online?
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:27 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Bonus Question:

What does 'WAC' stand for?

(Wolfy, yes you can track the petition now that you have a case number)
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
Bonus Question:

What does 'WAC' stand for?

(Wolfy, yes you can track the petition now that you have a case number)
WAC is the start of the refrence number of our case file and have just looked and see it is in initial reveiw...We realise it could be there for some time but it certinly makes it real when you see something like this and it will send us
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:02 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

lol, I KNOW it's the start of your case number... it's a BONUS QUESTION for everyone in the thread...

What does WAC part stand for?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

uknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud of

WAC - California Service Centre (formerly Western Adjudication Center) yay google
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by uknobby
WAC - California Service Centre (formerly Western Adjudication Center) yay google
Yay uknobby!
Attached Thumbnails I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!-cookies.jpg  
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by uknobby
I am surprised they would use california SC, would have thought a closer one to the applicant as she is in Michigan they would use vermont, but who am I to say
Old Jan 16th 2011, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Today my wife recived NOA1 I-797 ... first official document from Usics...whoo hoo
Old Jan 16th 2011, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wolfy
WAC is the start of the refrence number of our case file and have just looked and see it is in initial reveiw...We realise it could be there for some time but it certinly makes it real when you see something like this and it will send us
aww lucky. Ours is one of the ones which says 'case cannot be found' or something. Would love for it to finally be trackable
Old Jan 16th 2011, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britishspouse
OT yes indeed.... but its so tough being apart, ive never taken being apart from him well so hence the OT :P

I guess we all have dreams when were away from our other halves, and like you said i probably wont have any more once were back together <3
Ot yet again, but on this topic, its funny though, but I have been having dreams of my wife and the many things we could be doing including our new home...

Evey night and nap I have, I dream of her and the many things, but then again she is the first waking thought and the last before I fall asleep
Old Jan 26th 2011, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Eeteet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Ot yet again, but on this topic, its funny though, but I have been having dreams of my wife and the many things we could be doing including our new home...

Evey night and nap I have, I dream of her and the many things, but then again she is the first waking thought and the last before I fall asleep
I hear you wolfy. Also most of the thoughts inbetween too Our I-797 notice date says 3/1/11, so will be good to see how things vary for each case. Mine is up on the website though, not that it matters , nothing has changed in last 2 weeks lol

My wife has just gone back to college, she gets 25 hrs of homework a week and she's only doing writing 102 and college math just now, 2 lessons total a week!!! That's on top of normal week of looking after an 11 year old girl and 9 year old boy! Going to take 6 years to get her masters, so I'm trying to give her all the encourangement I can which will be easy once i'm over there , but it's also soooooo tough as we used to talk 4-5 hrs EVERY DAY since we met a year ago, now I get 1 hr on a good day or 20-30 mins on a busy one.

It is tough when the other person has their same business-as-usual life going on and time flies by, whereas time is like treacle this side of the pond. I just live for the little Yak (iphone free text service) message I get that says "call me".

I'm going over on 11th Feb (fingers , toes , and anything else crossed that they let me in!!) . I am DREADING the POE, seriously the thought of being sent home keeps me awake at night lol. I have even prayed to her God to help me get in and I'm a 100% fundamentalist atheist lol. I tell myself they are sensible people who are trained to look out for the real threats, and I have 14 strong pieces of evidence, and it will have been over 7 weeks since I was last over so brain says it will be ok, but chemicals in body say it won't lol

Anyway, good luck everyone lets hope we can be in the 3 month to process pile instead of the 5 month one lol
Old Jan 26th 2011, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Eeteet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
I would encourage everyone waiting on a US-filed IV petition to start memorizing the information here http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra.../nvc_1335.html

The NVC steps are the most time consuming part of the process *that you can influence*. If you want to impact your case, this is where you can speed it right up.

Figure out the order the steps will happen in, make sure you understand who to appoint as Agent, get the documents to the Agent early and be ready to pull the trigger on each step.. you can halve the time you case spends at NVC.

Higher chance of success than the lotto.
This is actually a fascinating area to study as the post by Michelle shows how she cut 6 weeks off the process !!

From studying it, it seems there are a few things that can be done in parallel as a pose to in sequence and using online/email of course can speed things up. For instance wife can do Affidaivit of Support payment online, and fill out form and send in, at same time as I can download email (and post as backup) the agent form. You could also send completed DS230, and all Civil Docs to agent, way in advance, so you get a routine of : invoice, pay, send, request of next docs, send etc. I haven't checked yet , maybe we could have a dedicated thread 'things that speed up nvc process?' Like a database of timelines, documents, which can be emailed, how to work pre filled docs with the need for the barcode front sheet, indeed which forms require the barcode sheet etc ?
Old Jan 26th 2011, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Eeteet
but it's also soooooo tough as we used to talk 4-5 hrs EVERY DAY since we met a year ago, now I get 1 hr on a good day or 20-30 mins on a busy one.

It is tough when the other person has their same business-as-usual life going on and time flies by, whereas time is like treacle this side of the pond. I just live for the little Yak (iphone free text service) message I get that says "call me".

I'm going over on 11th Feb (fingers , toes , and anything else crossed that they let me in!!) . I am DREADING the POE, seriously the thought of being sent home keeps me awake at night lol. l
True that. My hubby is working full time 3 till midnight 5 days a week, so I get to talk to him on the way to work, and sometimes on his lunch break at 8:30, if im awake at 1:30am that is. But it is really tough. Going from us living together since 2006, to being apart for what will end up a year is very tricky. The way I see it though is if the military can do it, multiple times i can handle it just once

I havent been able to find work since being home, so it feels like its an eternity over here waiting. Ive been trying to keep busy the best I can but its def difficult.

Im also dreading POE too, but RDU have always been nice enough in the past. How long are you visiting for? Im going for 71 days, which sounds a long time, so i hope it goes ok. I dont know how id cope if i were to get refused

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.