Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Jan 9th 2011, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all
Default I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Haven't seen one of these, so thought I would start one, apologies if i missed it. feel free to merge

Hubby (USA citizen) and I (UK citizen) were married April 2010, I returned UK June 2010 to seek work, but after having no luck we have decided to pursue me moving back there, we sent in our application in October initially but after missing signatures twice, we finally got it right the 3rd time and it was received December 5th 2010.

Cheque has been cashed and it is now at the California service centre, so the wait begins!

Tried to locate it online using our receipt number but it says case not found (Despite it saying that it should appear online 2 days after we received the I-797 form). So were going to call up and see why it is not tracking yet.

Also just got back from a VWP visit over xmas, was so nice to see hubby, hoping to go back again in April so we can celebrate our 1 year marriage anniversary together <3

Anyone else file in USA in nov/dec?
Old Jan 9th 2011, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

AmyCO is just really niceAmyCO is just really niceAmyCO is just really niceAmyCO is just really niceAmyCO is just really niceAmyCO is just really niceAmyCO is just really niceAmyCO is just really nice
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Yep! NOA1 for November 22nd!

Nothing as of yet, bar a touch on the 26th Nov...

its gonna be a long wait!

How did you find travelling over there with an I-130 pending? Run into any problems at POE?
Old Jan 9th 2011, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishspouse
So were going to call up and see why it is not tracking yet.
I wouldn't bother... it may show up, it might never show up. It's an unreliable system.

Ian
Old Jan 10th 2011, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AmyCO
Yep! NOA1 for November 22nd!

Nothing as of yet, bar a touch on the 26th Nov...

its gonna be a long wait!

How did you find travelling over there with an I-130 pending? Run into any problems at POE?
none at all. The immigration officer (in Atlanta) was really nice, asked if i was coming in on my old F1 visa, i said no, just VWP to visit my hubby. he nodded, smiled and asked me about my tattoo before sending me on my way ... (a very sweaty, flustered way.... after a 2 hour delay leaving London, i had to race through atlanta airport to make my connection to RDU.. only to find out that was delayed an hour anyway lol) :P

Last edited by britishspouse; Jan 10th 2011 at 5:53 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I wouldn't bother... it may show up, it might never show up. It's an unreliable system.

Ian
Ahh ok, so nothing to worry about then? I wanted to sign up for text/email updates my can't unless the receipt number is accepted into the system
Old Jan 10th 2011, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

As we knew that we wanted to go down the CR-1 route around september time although i was still researching the k1 route just in case we did a "U" turn.

We were married on 1-1-11 and our paper work was ready to go by friday the 7th after getting copies of marriage cert, affidvits and passport photos

Anyway, we set our I-130 on the 7th Jan, an attempt to deliver on Saturday the 8th but no one there, but a second attempt was made at 901am this morning the 10th and was delivered and signed for by L BOX.

So our wait begins....as we are just behind others it will be intresting to compare times just for curiosity and not bench mark ours....

Last edited by Wolfy; Jan 10th 2011 at 8:36 pm. Reason: additional info
Old Jan 10th 2011, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wolfy
As we knew that we wanted to go down the CR-1 route around september time although i was still researching the k1 route just in case we did a "U" turn.

We were married on 1-1-11 and our paper work was ready to go by friday the 7th after getting copies of marriage cert, affidvits and passport photos

Anyway, we set our I-130 on the 7th Jan, an attempt to deliver on Saturday the 8th but no one there, but a second attempt was made at 901am this morning the 10th and was delivered and signed for by L BOX.

So our wait begins....as we are just behind others it will be intresting to compare times just for curiosity and not bench mark ours....
congrats on your marriage! Nice to find someone else in a similar timeframe to us
Old Jan 11th 2011, 5:05 pm
CR1 Visa

SimonJW is an unknown quantity at this point

BritishSpouse - Did you ever get access to the online case status? we filed in December, received email and text message notification Dec 30 with a Receipt Number, but the online system still cant find our case. Just curious if you called the USCIS customer number? Would be nice to be able to track online when our case gets 'touched'...

Will be good to compare time-lines for those of us who filed in Nov/Dec. Although im sure nothing much will happen for a good few months...

------------
I-130 mailed from UK - Dec 21
I-130 receipt text message and email received - Dec 30
I-797c received - Jan 5
Old Jan 11th 2011, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

No we never did either We received our I-797c about dec 18th and the e-mails with receipt number but ours says the same thing, cant fin'd case.

I tried to call the number yesterday 4 times...but for all the options all i got was automated talking couldnt get through to an actual human

I agree though, i really want to know when things are being touched etc even if its not for a few months
Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:43 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Following 'touches' on a petition is a path to madness, just sayin'..
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
Following 'touches' on a petition is a path to madness, just sayin'..

haha i know :P Im just so desperate to be back with hubby again..... my dreams lately have all involved either getting the VISA, winning the lottery and surprising hubby or a high speed boat/plane that only takes an hour to get to america LOL

So a touch would feel amazing haha
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

haha i know :P Im just so desperate to be back with hubby again..... my dreams lately have all involved either getting the VISA, winning the lottery and surprising hubby or a high speed boat/plane that only takes an hour to get to america LOL

A little OT, but speaking of dreams....while we were waiting for my fiance to get his K-1 visa overseas, I had recurring dreams about traveling there to see him. In one dream, I was there but couldn't find him anywhere. Another dream was that I was trying to get there, but kept missing my flight. Another was that I was already there with him, but kept missing my flight home to the USA. In a few dreams, I lost my watch and was desperately trying to find out what time it was so I could catch my flight, knowing I'd be too late anyway.

After he immigrated to the USA, I didn't have one single dream like that at all, and it's been almost 7 years now!

Rene
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:00 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I would encourage everyone waiting on a US-filed IV petition to start memorizing the information here http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra.../nvc_1335.html

The NVC steps are the most time consuming part of the process *that you can influence*. If you want to impact your case, this is where you can speed it right up.

Figure out the order the steps will happen in, make sure you understand who to appoint as Agent, get the documents to the Agent early and be ready to pull the trigger on each step.. you can halve the time you case spends at NVC.

Higher chance of success than the lotto.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
A little OT, but speaking of dreams....while we were waiting for my fiance to get his K-1 visa overseas, I had recurring dreams about traveling there to see him. In one dream, I was there but couldn't find him anywhere. Another dream was that I was trying to get there, but kept missing my flight. Another was that I was already there with him, but kept missing my flight home to the USA. In a few dreams, I lost my watch and was desperately trying to find out what time it was so I could catch my flight, knowing I'd be too late anyway.

After he immigrated to the USA, I didn't have one single dream like that at all, and it's been almost 7 years now!

Rene
OT yes indeed.... but its so tough being apart, ive never taken being apart from him well so hence the OT :P

I guess we all have dreams when were away from our other halves, and like you said i probably wont have any more once were back together <3
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
I would encourage everyone waiting on a US-filed IV petition to start memorizing the information here http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra.../nvc_1335.html

The NVC steps are the most time consuming part of the process *that you can influence*. If you want to impact your case, this is where you can speed it right up.

Figure out the order the steps will happen in, make sure you understand who to appoint as Agent, get the documents to the Agent early and be ready to pull the trigger on each step.. you can halve the time you case spends at NVC.

Higher chance of success than the lotto.
Thanks for the link, very useful indeed

Working on getting the police report this week and sending documents to hubby next week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.