I-130 Affidavit?

Old Jan 9th 2014, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

TrueCompist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 Affidavit?

Hey all!
Quick question!
On the affidavits people are writing for the I-130, do they need to include their social security number? Someone told my wife it needed the person's name, address, date/place of birth, and their social, but the instructions don't say SSN!
Old Jan 9th 2014, 8:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Affidavit?

Originally Posted by TrueCompist
Hey all!
Quick question!
On the affidavits people are writing for the I-130, do they need to include their social security number? Someone told my wife it needed the person's name, address, date/place of birth, and their social, but the instructions don't say SSN!
I doubt the SSN is necessary. Name and address should be enough. I don't even think the date of birth should be necessary.

Rene
Old Jan 9th 2014, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

On the affidavits people are writing for the I-130, do they need to include their social security number?
No.

Someone told my wife it needed the person's name, address, date/place of birth, and their social, but the instructions don't say SSN!
Whoever your wife spoke to is an idiot. If the affidavits weren't written by someone in the US (which is perfectly okay), they wouldn't have a SS#. Date of birth and place of birth also aren't required.

Ian
Old Jan 9th 2014, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

That's what I thought! Thank you!

Paul
Old Jan 10th 2014, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

One more thing.
Things like letters/cards etc sent between us, can it be copies or does it have to be original?
Old Jan 10th 2014, 1:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

One more thing.
Things like letters/cards etc sent between us, can it be copies or does it have to be original?
In my opinion, don't bother sending letters/cards at all. They do not support your joint life together. It only shows you keep in touch via mail. It does not show that you've co-mingled your lives together.

If you decide to send them anyway, photocopies are fine.

Rene
Old Jan 10th 2014, 1:00 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
In my opinion, don't bother sending letters/cards at all. They do not support your joint life together. It only shows you keep in touch via mail. It does not show that you've co-mingled your lives together.

If you decide to send them anyway, photocopies are fine.

Rene
Agreed. We won't be disclosing emails etc, they're just completely pointless. I simply sent in copies of joint bank, savings and investment accounts, car insurance documents showing us on each others insurance, joint lease agreement, etc. That's evidence of a 'life' together. Not a few letters, pictures or emails imo.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

We don't have joint anything. The only evidence of any sort of relationship or life together other than letters and such are our daughter, marriage license, three affidavits, and pictures.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 4:18 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

We don't have joint anything. The only evidence of any sort of relationship or life together other than letters and such are our daughter, marriage license, three affidavits, and pictures.
No joint bank account or savings accounts? I presume you're not living together?
Old Jan 10th 2014, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Nope and nope.
We are basically broke at the moment due to some unforeseen tragedies and such on both sides. It costs money to open either ($100 min for both ) and we just don't have it.
I'm living in England, and she is in the US
Old Jan 10th 2014, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

But I suppose I'll send everything I can, and hope for the best. We have tons of pictures so that's better than nothing.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

I made a new thread for this one but I'll post it here too;
My wife is nearly ready to send in the i-130 and everything with it but has a couple of final questions. Understandably she doesn't want to get something wrong and have it sent back.

First question is:

Where it says "State/ Country", does she need to specify USA for her address and if so, what does she put for state for my UK info?

Second and final question:

Under I-94 we have put ESTA as I entered on a Visa Waiver. Will that be ok? We read that I-94s were being phased out!

Thank you in advance
Old Jan 10th 2014, 4:32 pm
Banned

Nope and nope.
We are basically broke at the moment due to some unforeseen tragedies and such on both sides. It costs money to open either ($100 min for both ) and we just don't have it.
I'm living in England, and she is in the US
You do not require $100 to open a basic current account in the UK.

Added to this, why don't you have an existing bank account that you could add your wife to? Or add her to your credit card(s). It's incredibly easy to do, I did it within a week from the US.

If you're not financially competent, then you can only submit what you have imo.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 4:35 pm
Banned

Where it says "State/ Country", does she need to specify USA for her address and if so, what does she put for state for my UK info?
Where is your wife living currently? She simply needs to put her address as is accurate when filing. For state, I would simply put 'COUNTY / UK'.

Under I-94 we have put ESTA as I entered on a Visa Waiver. Will that be ok? We read that I-94s were being phased out!
I don't know the answer to this question, as I didn't adjust status on the VWP. Someone else should know, I'm sure.

FYI - Paper I-94's are being phased out. They still exist electronically.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Oh okay I wasn't sure if I could add her with her and I in the US currently. (I'm visiting on VWP)
I'm not adjusting status. But on the I-130 it asks for the i-94 number and date of entry, but I didn't receive that when I came. I simply came on the VWP and went through ESTA. So I'm unsure of what to put in the box.
Also, thank you for answering the questions you could!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.