I-129f process

Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-129f process

Hello!

My fiancée filed a i-129f form back in june and it was received June 20th. It’s been a couple of months and when we log onto the checker it still just says “case was received”. Will it only change when/if her case is accepted? Also if they require any more information on our relationship, would we have heard by now if they do? I’m always told no news is good news but I don’t want to live by it 😁

Also I question on the Affidivit of Support form, her dad is going as a joint sponsor. My fiancée and her two sisters are all at college with part time jobs, would they count as a partial dependent as they don’t live at home?

Thanks!

Joshua
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:20 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-129f process

It won't be updated until the case is 'touched' again - I haven't looked at the current processing time but I suspect that you are some months away from that happening. At the moment it is just working it's way up the pile to be looked at.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't trust the i-129f case status website. Mine broke during this process.

That said right now you're well within the acceptable times for the petition.

The different departments could ask for more information at any time - Up to and including your interview.

As for I-134 there is no joint sponsor. There is only one sponsor. As long as her dad is an LPR or US citizen he is fine to be it.

I'm not sure how the wholly/partially dependents work. Hopefully someone can answer that.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
Don't trust the i-129f case status website. Mine broke during this process.

That said right now you're well within the acceptable times for the petition.

The different departments could ask for more information at any time - Up to and including your interview.

As for I-134 there is no joint sponsor. There is only one sponsor. As long as her dad is an LPR or US citizen he is fine to be it.

I'm not sure how the wholly/partially dependents work. Hopefully someone can answer that.
I’ve been looking at the 1-864 form for the support and it says you can co-sponsor? Is this not the right form to use? Yeah I’m not sure on the dependents part either. I thought if they didn’t live at home then they wouldn’t be seen as fully dependent.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194
I’ve been looking at the 1-864 form for the support and it says you can co-sponsor? Is this not the right form to use? Yeah I’m not sure on the dependents part either. I thought if they didn’t live at home then they wouldn’t be seen as fully dependent.
For the K-1 visa application an I-134 is used.

When you enter the US, marry and file I-485 to adjust status an I-864 will be used. At that stage your spouse is required to be a sponsor and you can have a joint sponsor too.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 12:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

My take on the dependent issue is if they are claimed on income tax as dependents then they are just that dependents and are counted in the family size.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
My take on the dependent issue is if they are claimed on income tax as dependents then they are just that dependents and are counted in the family size.
That makes sense actually. Thanks!