Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How long to get your visa? Abandoning my greencard

How long to get your visa? Abandoning my greencard

Old Jun 22nd 2017, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

elizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default How long to get your visa? Abandoning my greencard

Hi as per my previous post we hit another speed bump after my interview for my IR1 visa. We emailed the proof they wanted for the financial side of things and we also sent the form I-407 to abandon my previous green card from when I lived in N.Y. 10 years ago (never knew I had to do this)we sent this guaranteed next day mail so that they get it tomorrow. I am hoping that I don't have to go into see them and they issue the letter in the next few days!
I was wondering once the Embassy receive all the info they need to approve the visa how long does it take realistically to get the visa in the passport and back to you? Whilst at the Embassy it said estimated time is 17 working days to get it back but does it really take that long? I'm trying to make a decision on if I should change my flight (we are scheduled to fly July 10th, we always knew there was a chance that my Husband and kids may leave without me if we had issues along the path to my immigrant visa but obviously hoped to be plain sailing!)

How can I see when the visa is approved and is on the way back to me? Will they email me or do I check the CEAC site?

Thanks as always

Kelly

P.S I can't wait for this immigration journey to be over and I can just come here and read and maybe advise others!
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 3:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long to get your visa? Abandoning my greencard

There is just no way to predict, and anything we say is just a WAG.

Rene
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

elizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond repute

OK ty Rene :-)
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

They should update CEAC when it's issued.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Tom, I will start checking it next week then :-)