Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How did you meet the love of your life?

How did you meet the love of your life?

Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:21 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Gasherjohn
You don't look like you are in the "late in life" stage from your pic Matthew (although I thought it may have been a pic of Billy Connolly - very funny Scottish comedian) but I know what you mean about wanting to make the right choice.
Well, I suppose "late in life" is a relative term. I waited until I was 38 or 39 to give marriage a try. In a related issue, I just turned another year older yesterday.

I have not heard of Billy Connolly before, but I am told “at least� once a week by someone that I sound exactly like Norm McDonald (Someone just told me that on Sunday). Now that he's on the air again, I'll be getting that comment "all" the time.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:26 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Steffi
Well, despite Mathew's own sad ending I find it great that he is at least trying to make other couples happy by bringing them together by being a marriage immigration lawyer.
Hey, thanks Steffi.
I do take great pleasure in helping nice couples come together, if even in my own small immigration law related way. This a very happy time in a couple's lives, and I do what I can to get those cases through the system as quickly as possible.

M.U.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:26 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Billy Connolly...is he the guy that does the Lotto advertising on TV with his beard dyed pink? If it is I've seen one of his shows one time on TV and I thought he was pretty funny.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

Matthew Udall:

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Thanks for all of the information. I always make it a point to read threads you've contributed to.

MarDae
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:29 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, Steffi, that's him! Billy Connolly is hilarious. I saw his sketch about lions, and you had to see it to find it funny, but I guarantee, half an hour watching him will cause serious stomach ache!!!!!

Kate. xxxxxx
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:36 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes, a HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, MATTHEW from me too!

Kate, I saw something from where Billy was in Australia, climbing some hill with a government building underneath it or something. My favorite comedian is still Eddie Izzard though! His "Circle" just came out a couple of weeks ago in the US so I'm going to have to get that soon, teehee.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:40 pm
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

May I also wish you a happy belated birthday Matthew?

I haven't heard of Norm McDonald either but, as the others have said, it is hard not to watch Billy Connolly and not feel pain from laughing so much. Yes, he is coarse but it's the way he can make even the most basic human function funny that makes him a talent above most others.

If you ever need to forget your problems Matthew, see if you can get hold of a Billy Connolly video. Cindy watched a Billy Connolly DVD which I have and she was nearly rolling on the floor!

John
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:44 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Steffi
Well, despite Mathew's own sad ending …
First, let me apologize if my postings have hijacked this thread. This will likely be my final reply in this thread, so it can get back to the stories of how you all met.

But I did want to address one final point. I’ve always been the sort or person to look at pretty much any situation and see the silver lining. I’m not sure why that is, but I’m pretty much a very happy guy and things don’t usually bother me too much.

While I was disappointed my marriage came to an end, I no longer consider that to be a “sad� thing. On the contrary, the lovely Lisa and I were simply not as good of a match as we both thought we were at the outset. I certainly don’t villainies her for her decision, and I’m not the first person to go through a divorce (heck, I was her 3rd marriage while she was my first, but that’s a different story). It could have been much worse, we could have had children or bought a house together, but we had not made it that far yet. For that, I am grateful.

I’ve long since given up being sad about this. I know that sometimes the thing that ends up being the best thing comes about through a difficult decision. Life goes on, and I’ve come out of this experience a little wiser (hopefully), but pretty much unscathed.

Now, back to your stories…

M.U.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Oct 7th 2003 at 7:47 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Well, I suppose "late in life" is a relative term. I waited until I was 38 or 39 to give marriage a try. In a related issue, I just turned another year older yesterday.

I have not heard of Billy Connolly before, but I am told “at least?once a week by someone that I sound exactly like Norm McDonald (Someone just told me that on Sunday). Now that he's on the air again, I'll be getting that comment "all" the time.
Happy Belated Birthday!!

My favorite Billy Connolly joke continues to be the one about airplane safety, back from when he was first getting started. I admit that subsequent things have not made me laugh quite as hard.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:01 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Dekka's Angel
Happy Belated Birthday!!
Thanks to all for the B-Day wishes. Hey Dekka, did you vote in today's wacky Cal. election yet?

On the comedy issue, I have seen Eddy Izzard's (sp?) act. Very, very funny.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:02 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Happy belated B-day!!

Happy belated birthday Mathew Udall
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all for the B-Day wishes. Hey Dekka, did you vote in today's wacky Cal. election yet?

On the comedy issue, I have seen Eddy Izzard's (sp?) act. Very, very funny.
Yup - voted at 8:15 this morning and the polls are HOPPIN even in my neighborhood where frankly voter turn out is usually low. I'm glad mostly because of Proposition 54 which needs folks adversely affected to show up to the polls. Frankly, I was disgusted at my options for the bottom 1/2 of the ballot across the board. The pollworkers, normally a very serious bunch of folks, seemed to agree - while I was there they kept bursting into laughter at the inanity of it all everytime another person asked them about whether they REALLY had to use that LOOOONG ballot form!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:19 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Dekka's Angel
Yup - voted at 8:15 this morning and the polls are HOPPIN even in my neighborhood where frankly voter turn out is usually low.

The pollworkers, normally a very serious bunch of folks, seemed to agree - while I was there they kept bursting into laughter at the inanity of it all everytime another person asked them about whether they REALLY had to use that LOOOONG ballot form!
I was sent a sample of the ballot a couple of weeks ago. Thought it would make a nice political souvenir, so I saved it (I wonder if anybody is selling them on e-bay yet?).

At my polling place, they have the old style punch ballot and if I had not looked closely (after using the punch) my choice for candidate would not have counted. The chad had barely been punched (was still connected on 2 or 3 sides of the square) even though I had firmly pierced the ballot with my punch, and I had to manually remove the chad with my fingers. If I hadn't specifically looked to see if there was a hanging chad (mine was more like a pregnant chad) I would have missed it.

With this chad problem in yet another election, my prediction is that George W. will somehow end up being named our next Governor of California ;-).
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did you meet the love of your life?

Originally posted by Mrtravel
doctor scrumpy wrote:

> We met online shortly after Sept 11th, when I was pointing out to
    > various USC in a room that terrorism di not begin on Sept 11th. And that
    > we had been bombed in Warrington by US backed ira scum.

The US has never backed the IRA.
US no, US groups yes. I am pretty sure thats what Scrumpy meant. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1563119.stm
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

With this chad problem in yet another election, my prediction is that George W. will somehow end up being named our next Governor of California ;-).

Thanks for the laugh, it was much needed!

MarDae

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.