Houston bound

Old Aug 16th 2016, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Houston bound

Originally Posted by Pugilation
Thanks for clarifying, Harry Potter land for honeymoon it is (rather than 3 weeks in New Zealand in a campervan )
Plenty of places to go campervaning in the US
Old Aug 16th 2016, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Harry Potter land for honeymoon it is...
The US offers climates ranging from desert to rain forest. Why on earth you'd want to go to "Harry Potter land" for a honeymoon is beyond me!

Ian
Old Aug 17th 2016, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Pugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The US offers climates ranging from desert to rain forest. Why on earth you'd want to go to "Harry Potter land" for a honeymoon is beyond me!

Ian
You haven't met my fiancee! We're both massive nerds, but also given we really want to do a big trip to New Zealand we're looking at something short and sweet. We'll likely go up to Colorado for a few days as well, maybe do some skiing if the timing is right, although she can't be away from the horse for too long.
Old Aug 18th 2016, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Pugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond repute

NVC have forwarded the packet on, fiancee got the letter through the mail yesterday!
Old Sep 6th 2016, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Progressing on my end of the paperwork, police form is in process and I just need to get my medical booked in.

Unfortunately I'm off travelling now for the next 3 weeks which will slow things down a little bit, and we're planning on going out for Thanksgiving so the timing on getting the visa into my passport needs to be worked out too!

With a bit of luck and a following wind though I'll be moved by the end of the year
Old Sep 6th 2016, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

One question on the DS-160, it's asking for all my previous US trips to be included, whereas I've read somewhere that they just want to see the last 5. I've got a lot of digging to do to find all of them, especially since I've been out there for work quite a lot before I met my fiancee and didn't keep a log.

Anyone got any relevant experience here?
Old Sep 6th 2016, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

One question on the DS-160, it's asking for all my previous US trips to be included, whereas I've read somewhere that they just want to see the last 5. I've got a lot of digging to do to find all of them, especially since I've been out there for work quite a lot before I met my fiancee and didn't keep a log.

I can't remember if I worked it out from my emails from the airline or my frequent flyer account, I forget which. You could also use stamps in your passport.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Owen778
I can't remember if I worked it out from my emails from the airline or my frequent flyer account, I forget which. You could also use stamps in your passport.
i've got my old and new(ish) passport so can go full detective on my trips, bit of a pain in the ass but that's the process I guess!

Now if only the ds 160 form would stop crashing that would be great...
Old Oct 4th 2016, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Back from travels and pushing on with the application. I've got some questions on the i-864 though as it's not completely clear. Does my fiancee need to download the doc, fill it in, print it out and send it to me, or do they need to send it somewhere else? The instructions here (https://travel.state.gov/content/vis...questions.html) aren't aligned with the checklist here (http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un..._checklist.pdf).
Old Oct 4th 2016, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

my bad - its an I-134 I need, not i-864, stupid bureaucracy!
Old Oct 4th 2016, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

my bad - its an I-134 I need, not i-864, stupid bureaucracy!
Yes, she sends you the original I-134 and you take it to your interview.

Ian
Old Oct 5th 2016, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute

Suggest you download your i-94 history online, that should give you solid dates to go by

If you need any Houston advice, let me know!
Old Oct 14th 2016, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Interview booked, 5th December as was difficult to find a slot which fitted in with my travel plans (work trips and also thanksgiving). With a following wind I'll be stateside by Christmas!

Now to figure out the logistics of moving, and also sort out what's going on with work (as my company is a US one, they seem willing to hold a role open for me until I get my employment authorisation through post marriage.).
Old Nov 1st 2016, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Medical today, forms filled in and ready to go!
Old Nov 1st 2016, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Medical today, forms filled in and ready to go!
Good luck! It's amazing how quickly it's over and done with! If you get an American Daniel Craig lookalike I should warn you in advance taking blood is not his speciality

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.