Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Hooray received letter for Interview Date but have to change ....

Hooray received letter for Interview Date but have to change ....

Old Feb 7th 2014, 9:31 am
Sunny Side

Saffysmom is on a distinguished road
Default Hooray received letter for Interview Date but have to change ....

I was so excited when I saw 2 letters from the United States Embassy. Yippee interview date set for the 21st February @ 9am for my husband and daughter

BUT when my husband looked it said the 21st of February and his hospital appointment is also booked for that date

Its booked with an NHS doctor as these appointments only come up every 8 weeks , and he's been on the waiting list for this operation since November

It's a very important operation that he desperately need as he needs to have this lump removed as it's causing him a lot of pain

We both ummed and arghhed as to which appointment to change

My questions are

If we change interview date , is it normally arranged within a certain timeframe I. E 2 wks
How do we change it , letter says to do in writing
Will it cause a problem at interview if we were to change date

Anyone have any experience in changing interview dates ???

Help appreciated
Old Feb 7th 2014, 10:07 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hooray received letter for Interview Date but have to change ....

We always recommend that you do not change an interview date - simply because if the officer due to interview you does not get the message he will close your case as a no show, and it's a pain in the a** to reopen.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 12:54 pm
Sunny Side

what a pickle to be in.......

waiting for your name to come up on NHS waiting list is a nightmare
and to change the date given is a bigger pain... as he will have to wait up to 8 weeks and we planned on heading back to US by then.

But to rearrange interview date seems to be complicated to, even though they say on interview letter, if you need to reschedule you must do so in writing , theres also a link I received for an on online request to change.

thanks civilservant,, just very confused !!!
Old Feb 7th 2014, 12:59 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

There may be an off chance you can reschedule for an earlier date. I don't know much about it except that I have heard that a few people have been successful. I hope someone else here knows more about it.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saffysmom
BUT when my husband looked it said the 21st of February and his hospital appointment is also booked for that date.
Is it possible for your husband to go to his medical appointment, and you and your daughter go to the visa appointment? If nothing else, it'll allow you to speak to someone in person and get the interview rescheduled.

Ian
Old Feb 7th 2014, 1:44 pm
Sunny Side

If this is an option then I could go with my daughter (4yr old) as visa is for her

Did request via email if I could go to interview but not heard ... So still waiting on answer for that

It's easy for my husband to reschedule his operation , but just has to wait 8weeks

We were going to send a letter to embassy today to reschedule and send request via email as well but just taking a chance if the con off might not get the request and if they get in time
As having a no show sounds bad not sure what's involved if you have to reopen the case

We just don't know which to cancel .... If interview date is too risky. Then have no choice but to cancel his operation and let him be in pain for another 8!wks
As the lump he has, has grown and just needs to be removed (not cancerous) thank goodness
Old Feb 7th 2014, 7:47 pm
Sunny Side

Ok my husband and I have both decided its best to attend the interview

As it's too risky to cancel

I have filled out the form on line to attend interview , is there another way I can add my name to list or a number to call

The online request says will take 5 days for answer

Shall I just sit tight and wait ?????
Old Feb 7th 2014, 8:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saffysmom
I have filled out the form on line to attend interview , is there another way I can add my name to list or a number to call
Check the US Embassy London website to see if they have a contact email or phone number. Otherwise, that form is it.

The online request says will take 5 days for answer
Shall I just sit tight and wait ?????
Yes.

Rene