Hey hey...

Old Sep 8th 2005, 4:20 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey hey...

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I know But only by nanoseconds, I bet!
p.s. - love your blog!
I really am the second coming of Victor Meldrew ..not that you who know that is ...

We await your debut blog
Old Sep 8th 2005, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

kitty-uk is an unknown quantity at this point

I know that the 1-865 is the sponsor's notice of change of address, but where does it say on the gov site that you have to fill out this form ?
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/address.htm
There is only say's the Alien has too.....or did I miss it?
Old Sep 8th 2005, 7:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kitty-uk
I know that the 1-865 is the sponsor's notice of change of address, but where does it say on the gov site that you have to fill out this form ?
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/address.htm
There is only say's the Alien has too.....or did I miss it?
Form I-864 Instructions:

Change of Sponsor Address
You are required by 8 U.S.C. 1183a(d) and 8 CFR 213a.3 to report every change of address to the Immigration and Naturalization Service and the State(s) in which the sponsored immigrant(s) reside(s). You must report changes of address to INS on Form I-865, Sponsor's Notice of Change of Address, within 30 days of any change of address. You must also report
any change in your address to the State(s) in which the sponsored immigrant(s) live.

Funny, this never stuck out to me before. "Report to the State".. hunh?
Old Sep 8th 2005, 7:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
That IS a strange one. Maybe they meant the Post Office? lol

Rene
Old Sep 8th 2005, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Hey hey...

Originally Posted by meauxna
Form I-864 Instructions:

Change of Sponsor Address
You are required by 8 U.S.C. 1183a(d) and 8 CFR 213a.3 to report every change of address to the Immigration and Naturalization Service and the State(s) in which the sponsored immigrant(s) reside(s). You must report changes of address to INS on Form I-865, Sponsor's Notice of Change of Address, within 30 days of any change of address. You must also report
any change in your address to the State(s) in which the sponsored immigrant(s) live.

You are getting this info off the form right?

But my question is where on the gov site does it say to use that form for a Change of address?
I have read this http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/address.htm
3 time now followed all links, still I can not see
Do I need glasses ????????????????
Old Sep 8th 2005, 7:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

But my question is where on the gov site does it say to use that form for a Change of address?
Hi kitty,

It might not be on the gov site, but only on the I-864 form itself.

Rene
Old Sep 8th 2005, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi kitty,

It might not be on the gov site, but only on the I-864 form itself.

Rene

LOL there was I really thinking I was stupid and needed glasses.. I just called the so called help line 1800-375-5283 waited and waited to hear that aliens need to USE change of address form AR-11.
Nothing about the 1-864...
So my next question is if I change address I use AR-11 but does my husband use the 1-864?
Old Sep 8th 2005, 7:49 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

kitty, those are instructions for the resident alien. Not all aliens are sponsored by a cohabitating spouse.

When the Sponsor signs the I-864, they're affirming that they've read the instructions and agree to abide by them.

It certainly *could* be more clear on the USCIS site.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:03 pm

LOL there was I really thinking I was stupid and needed glasses.. I just called the so called help line 1800-375-5283 waited and waited to hear that aliens need to USE change of address form AR-11.
Nothing about the 1-864...
So my next question is if I change address I use AR-11 but does my husband use the 1-864?
Yes, the AR-11 is for the alien's change of address. The I-865 (not I-864) is for the USC sponsor's change of address.

Rene
Old Sep 8th 2005, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: Hey hey...

Yes, the AR-11 is for the alien's change of address. The I-865 (not I-864) is for the USC sponsor's change of address.

Rene
When you file I-865 and AR-11 but dont receive anything (confirmation) from CIS, is that a problem?
What should be done in that case?
thanks
Old Sep 8th 2005, 11:10 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bantik2005
When you file I-865 and AR-11 but dont receive anything (confirmation) from CIS, is that a problem?
thanks
I got confirmation for both so I don't know!
Old Sep 9th 2005, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bantik2005
thanks
If you read my reply from earlier that should answer your question. Not once has my husband rec'd a confirmation notice of the AR-11 (& we've sent in 3 of them).

Kitty -

To clarify:
If you, the Resident Alien move, you need to file the AR-11 with the Dept. of Homeland Security notifying them of an address change.
If you have a sponsor, and he/she/they move, they must file the I-865.

Does that help?

Cheers,
Jamie

PS: Ray, look out..we may just be the next Bonnie & Clyde.. Love that blog you've got btw..
Old Sep 9th 2005, 2:10 am
Jenijeni

I believe the ar-11 is backup just in case they lose the electronic
information. I filed an ar-11 for my husband and I sent in a change of
address letter to atlanta, and I called the 1800 number 2 times. But my
husbands address NEVER changed. The interview letter was sent to our
old address. It was forwarded to my new address. I would like to know
how to successfully change the address of the beneficiary.

Old Sep 9th 2005, 2:57 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
If you read my reply from earlier that should answer your question. Not once has my husband rec'd a confirmation notice of the AR-11 (& we've sent in 3 of them).

Kitty -

To clarify:
If you, the Resident Alien move, you need to file the AR-11 with the Dept. of Homeland Security notifying them of an address change.
If you have a sponsor, and he/she/they move, they must file the I-865.

Does that help?

Cheers,
Jamie

PS: Ray, look out..we may just be the next Bonnie & Clyde.. Love that blog you've got btw..
Hiya Jamie!!
I think I got a receipt because I threatened them with my secret chemical weapon, want some in a jar?
Old Sep 9th 2005, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Jenijeni
I believe the ar-11 is backup just in case they lose the electronic
information. I filed an ar-11 for my husband and I sent in a change of
address letter to atlanta, and I called the 1800 number 2 times. But my
husbands address NEVER changed. The interview letter was sent to our
old address. It was forwarded to my new address. I would like to know
how to successfully change the address of the beneficiary.
The AR-11 does NOT change your mailing address. It is so They (of Them Incorporated) can keep track of you.

There is an excellent, recent thread on the subject (including some scary consequences!)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323848

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.