Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Had my medical today 😭😭😭

Had my medical today 😭😭😭

Old Feb 24th 2017, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

vinnyboy1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Had my medical today 😭😭😭

Just got back from my medical today, most of it went ok, apart from my blood pressure, just couldn't get the damn thing down . Now I have to go back to my GP and get it checked again and if still high they need a plan of what they gonna do , problem is I have my interview on the 8th march , I'm not sure if I'm gonna get to see a doctor quickly, checked online and the closest appointment is 6th march . The doctor said to go ahead with the interview, I don't think she knows how long it's take get an appointment. Do I still go to my interview, and take the chance the results might not been in.

Thanks 🙏🏻
Old Feb 24th 2017, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Had my medical today 😭😭😭

This happened to me also. My doctor referred to it as "white coat hypertension". I simply got a note from them that I was ok then scanned and sent it to Knightsbridge.

Does your Dr's office have appointments on the day? You may be able to call as soon as they open and get one.

I checked up with Knightsbridge a few days later and they said everything was good and sent to the embassy.

Under no circumstances should you not turn up to an interview. You may be able to re-arrange, but I would go ahead and get it out of the way.

If the medical results aren't in then you will likely keep your passport and then issue the visa as soon as they have it.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

My original thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...edical-878284/
Old Feb 24th 2017, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tom169
This happened to me also. My doctor referred to it as "white coat hypertension". I simply got a note from them that I was ok then scanned and sent it to Knightsbridge.

Does your Dr's office have appointments on the day? You may be able to call as soon as they open and get one.

I checked up with Knightsbridge a few days later and they said everything was good and sent to the embassy.

Under no circumstances should you not turn up to an interview. You may be able to re-arrange, but I would go ahead and get it out of the way.

If the medical results aren't in then you will likely keep your passport and then issue the visa as soon as they have it.

Thanks tom, my doctors do have appointments on the day but have more chance of winning the lottery . Once you can get through they said they all are booked up. Grrr

I'm gonna try my luck tomorrow 😳
Old Feb 25th 2017, 3:27 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see this being an issue anyway. High blood pressure is not a threat to public health and that seems to be all the US medical really cares about.
It's not like Canada where they are trying to assess how much you'll cost the health system
Old Feb 27th 2017, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

The practice nurse, who is often easier to see than a Doctor, should be able to take your blood pressure and get letter on surgery headed paper faxed to Knightsbridge.

Last edited by BubbleChog; Feb 27th 2017 at 7:59 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BubbleChog
The practice nurse who is often easier to see than a Doctor should be able to take your blood pressure and get letter on surgery headed paper faxed to Knightsbridge.
Doesn't even need to be faxed. Scan and emailing will suffice.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tom169
Doesn't even need to be faxed. Scan and emailing will suffice.
I saw the nurse today , boy my readings are through the roof . 205/133😫. She was really helpful and also she was from the USA so she knew why I was stressed . She has done a urgent referral to monitor my bp for 24hr etc , she done a plan as such what was requested from the knightsbridge docs . Spoke to reception , they will do something on head paper about my consultation today with the nurse .
Fingers crossed I might get that tomorrow. I also asked for another letter confirming I had vaccinations last couple of weeks.

When doing adjustment, is the vaccination document worksheet i got from Knightsbridge docs enough proof I had my vaccinations? I'm don't wanna leave anything to chance .

Roll on the interview next Wednesday, maybe my bp will come down once all this is sorted . 😅😅
Old Feb 27th 2017, 9:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vinnyboy1979
When doing adjustment, is the vaccination document worksheet i got from Knightsbridge docs enough proof I had my vaccinations? I'm don't wanna leave anything to chance .
Maybe. If not, USCIS will let you know via an RFE.

Rene
Old Feb 27th 2017, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming it demonstrates you meet all the requirements it should be OK. Worked for me anyway. As Rene says if not they'll just send an RFE and you can get it fixed.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 11:57 am
Just Joined

I saw the nurse today , boy my readings are through the roof . 205/133😫. She was really helpful and also she was from the USA so she knew why I was stressed . She has done a urgent referral to monitor my bp for 24hr etc , she done a plan as such what was requested from the knightsbridge docs . Spoke to reception , they will do something on head paper about my consultation today with the nurse .
Fingers crossed I might get that tomorrow. I also asked for another letter confirming I had vaccinations last couple of weeks.

Roll on the interview next Wednesday, maybe my bp will come down once all this is sorted . 😅😅
Just a little update , i called knightsbridge doctors on Monday , they said they the medial is complete and sent on Monday for delivery for Tuesday. I had my interview just now (wed) they have approved it , but are waiting for the medical to come through , he said the visa will be processed in 5-7 days . I'm sooooo happpy. I'm having a drink before I head home . I would like to thank everyone here , the support and help invaluable.

Vinny
Old Mar 8th 2017, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a little update , i called knightsbridge doctors on Monday , they said they the medial is complete and sent on Monday for delivery for Tuesday. I had my interview just now (wed) they have approved it , but are waiting for the medical to come through , he said the visa will be processed in 5-7 days . I'm sooooo happpy. I'm having a drink before I head home . I would like to thank everyone here , the support and help invaluable.

Vinny
Fantastic news, Vinny! Congratulations!
Old Mar 8th 2017, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vinny
That's fantastic. I'm very happy for you!