Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Had to file an I-824 form

Had to file an I-824 form

Old Dec 12th 2017, 9:02 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Had to file an I-824 form

Tuesday is the day I do my volunteer work at the LACBA Immigration Clinic. I asked the director what her practice was. She informed me that when a couple comes in and they express intent to consular process, she puts the foreign spouses foreign address and checks the boxes for consular processing. Even so, there have been times where the minions of the dark forces have noted the entry information and kept it for 485 processing.

She agreed with me that US spouse should have come in to sign a new updated I-130. Not being familiar with the I-130A [it is new], she noted that it need not be signed by the foreign spouse who is outside of the US.

Learn something new every day.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

Finally, after months of worrying our I-824 was approved at the NBC yesterday!

Does anyone know if we need to ask them to move my approved I-130 petition to the NVC or will it happen automatically?
Old Jun 27th 2018, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigT103

Does anyone know if we need to ask them to move my approved I-130 petition to the NVC or will it happen automatically?
Wow what a relief.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me about it, the whole process is long anyway but to add on an extra year is taking the piss!
Old Jun 27th 2018, 1:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Without a doubt. I'm so pleased to read that the I-824 has finally been acted upon. Crossing fingers that you speed through NVC and onto London in the quickest record time anyone's heard of.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Without a doubt. I'm so pleased to read that the I-824 has finally been acted upon. Crossing fingers that you speed through NVC and onto London in the quickest record time anyone's heard of.
Thanks Rete do you know if I need to action anything to make sure the NVC receives the approved petition?
Old Jun 27th 2018, 2:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The I-824 has been approved and from that point it will be sent to NVC by the service center along with the I-130 that was previously submitted (can't remember if your attorney also filed the I-485 at the same time) and approved. There is nothing you can do to make sure that NVC receives the approved I-824. It is completely and thoroughly out of your hands. It won't languish on someone's desk at this point having been approved. Once approved, it is placed in the box with other petitions awaiting mailing to the NVC. Those boxes, I'm sure, do not remain full for long.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 2:06 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Great News BigT!!!!

It should happen automagically. In September last year we received the LND case number and invoice from NVC 3 weeks after approval of the I-824. We then had a 6 month hiatus while son took his own sweet time getting his ACRO. Once the fee was paid and the DS-260 completed, it took 13 weeks from sending in the document package to interview in London (3 weeks from package submission to receipt of letter confirming all docs received, further 2 weeks to receive appointment letter with appointment set for 8 weeks in the future). Today he had his appointment and his visa was approved.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lizzyq
Great News BigT!!!!

It should happen automagically. In September last year we received the LND case number and invoice from NVC 3 weeks after approval of the I-824. We then had a 6 month hiatus while son took his own sweet time getting his ACRO. Once the fee was paid and the DS-260 completed, it took 13 weeks from sending in the document package to interview in London (3 weeks from package submission to receipt of letter confirming all docs received, further 2 weeks to receive appointment letter with appointment set for 8 weeks in the future). Today he had his appointment and his visa was approved.
Thanks Lizzy & Rete,you have put my mind at ease!.. Lizzy, did you ring the NVC to get the case number or did you wait for a confirmation?
Old Jun 27th 2018, 2:58 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lizzy & Rete,you have put my mind at ease!.. Lizzy, did you ring the NVC to get the case number or did you wait for a confirmation?
No we just waited, at that point I don't think we even realised you could ring them.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 5:19 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq
No we just waited, at that point I don't think we even realised you could ring them.
E-mail works also. NVC is actually quite responsive. But give them a couple weeks. Word of warning - it is not uncommon for the delay to be at USCIS mail room.