Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

G-325A: what to put in Alien Registration Number box

G-325A: what to put in Alien Registration Number box

Old Jul 16th 2016, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Luke_A_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G-325A: what to put in Alien Registration Number box

I'm just filling in G-325a form for my wife and myself with respect to an I-130 application. From what I've read on here the G-325a is a legacy form that doesn't carry much weight. However, there is one box that looks important but we have no entry for; "Alien Registration Number" (Bottom right of the form.)

Does anyone know if I should just leave this blank or something else?

Thanks

Luke
Old Jul 16th 2016, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G-325A: what to put in Alien Registration Number box

Originally Posted by Luke_A_P
However, there is one box that looks important but we have no entry for; "Alien Registration Number" (Bottom right of the form.)
If you don't have one, say so. Don't leave it blank, simply write: None!

From what I've read on here the G-325a is a legacy form that doesn't carry much weight.
Correct. As I often tell people, it's value is inversely proportional to the anxiety it causes. Consider this - you're concerned about what to put in the ARN box!

Ian
Old Jul 16th 2016, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Luke_A_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, second question; what goes in the "file" box (top right)?
At first I assumed that box was for office use, but looking at the format that doesn't seem to be the case.

I agree, it is a lousy form...
Old Jul 16th 2016, 2:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Luke

You are doing a marriage based visa. I would suggest that you limit your immigration questions to the marriage based forum. Helps to keep things in one file cabinet

Thanks,
Rete
Old Jul 16th 2016, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke_A_P
Oh, second question; what goes in the "file" box (top right)?
You don't have a file number, say so.

Have you never seen my 3 rules for filling out forms? Here they are:

1) Take each question at face value;
2) Do not ascribe any meaning to the question beyond that which is plainly written; and
3) Do not try to alter the question to fit your circumstances.

If you follow the 3 rules, you'll be fine... if you ignore any of them, you'll wind up confused.

Ian
Old Jul 16th 2016, 3:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

To add to Ian's response: Do not leave questions blank. Use either N/A or None, as applicable. If in doubt as to which once to use, ask here first. What you think might not be applicable to you, might well be and should be answered none instead of n/a.
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 8:01 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

When I was in practice, assuming the person did not yet have an "A" number I would put in three dashes ["---"] to show that we were not ignoring the question but allowing the minions of the dark forces to interlineate the number when it was assigned.

That said, this is one of those little things that much ado about nothing unless one already has an "A" and purposely fails to disclose.