Form I-751 questions

Old Mar 15th 2017, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form I-751 questions

Thanks Rete. So I guess this is the letter (I751) that I would take along with me as proof to an employer?
Old Mar 15th 2017, 2:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

No. As a US PR, you should already have a US drivers license or State ID and an unrestricted Social Security Card. This is all you need to show an employer.

Rene
Old Mar 15th 2017, 2:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If I am remembering correctly, you aren't working yet are you?

If not, do not just bring the letter but bring the actual green card with you.

If you are already working and the HR department wants proof that you can still continue working, then yes, show them the letter. If the I-751 is not adjudicated by the end term of the letter, be prepared for them to ask for new documentation. This is why I directed you to get an infopass appointment in that case for the temporary I-551 stamp in your passport.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 2:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No. As a US PR, you should already have a US drivers license or State ID and an unrestricted Social Security Card. This is all you need to show an employer.

Rene
I beg to differ with you, Rene. That is true of someone with PR status but not always true of someone with CPR status. Their status is "conditional" and of a limited timeframe.

Hubby had to show the letter when his CPR green card expired as proof that he could continue to work.

The scenario was he got the position with the EAD and a restricted SS card. At the end of the EAD period, he gave them is green card which expired in two years. At the end of those two years he still needed to show/prove that he was entitled to continued employment.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 3:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rete.

Rene
Old Mar 15th 2017, 6:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat084 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been self employed, so haven't yet worked in an actual corporation. But am applying for part time jobs to boost the income now, so I'll take my State ID, Green Card, the letter and SSC with me to an interview just in case. I should have mentioned that i am a CPR not a PR. My green card was the 2 year one.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 6:47 pm
Concierge

We knew that You would not be applying for removal of conditions if you were PR instead of CPR. Good luck job hunting.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

LOL Rete, thanks.....the search begins!
Old Mar 15th 2017, 7:57 pm

When it's a new employer, if you have an unrestricted SSC, all you need is that and your state ID. I would not even bother with the green card and letter. Why open yourself to questions when you don't need to.

Rete's example was where a person stayed with the same employer over time. Yours is new.

Is your SSC the kind with the work authorization legend removed? If not, I suggest switching it now.

Rene
Old Mar 16th 2017, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

My SSC doesn't have anything written on the front pertaining to work authorization. It has the number, my name, my signature and the date it was issued. Nothing else....
Old Mar 16th 2017, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by charelle
My SSC doesn't have anything written on the front pertaining to work authorization. It has the number, my name, my signature and the date it was issued. Nothing else....
Good.

Rene
Old Mar 16th 2017, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

Thanks
Old Mar 16th 2017, 6:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charelle
My SSC doesn't have anything written on the front pertaining to work authorization.
If it says nothing about it on the back either, then I agree with Rene - you need only that card and, say, a driver's license to work. I wouldn't even bother with a green card or the letter.

Keep in mind that it is illegal for an employer to ask for specific documentation (for the I-9) pertaining to work authorization if you are work authorized - which you are. Also, it is illegal for an employer to deny you employment simply because of the future expiry date of any documentation that you do have!

Ian
Old Mar 16th 2017, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

It doesn't say anything on the back either. Will keep what you said in mind Ian. Thanks
Old Sep 13th 2017, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

Hi

I am bringing this thread back to life, although would prefer I didn't have to. I have heard nothing regarding my I-751....other than it was sent to California because of an overload? I live in FL! I went to do my biometrics in April and have heard nothing since then. I do realise that things have slowed down since the last election, but is anyone else experiencing this long delay?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.