London I-130 Approval

Old Oct 31st 2010, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

zeogo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London I-130 Approval

I filed a family F4 I-130 petition with the London embassy way back in June, got an email in July telling me that my application was formally received on July 20th 2010, and that I could check http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html for approval dates, I've patiently waited 3 months and I can now see that we are way past July 20th, currently on September 1st, yet I haven't heard/received ANYTHING more. Is that normal? Or should I start ringing up? I see the embassy have a phone number but it's £1.20 a minute!! Don't want to phone unless it's necessary.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 1:44 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London I-130 Approval

Originally Posted by zeogo
I filed a family F4 I-130 petition with the London embassy way back in June, got an email in July telling me that my application was formally received on July 20th 2010, and that I could check http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html for approval dates, I've patiently waited 3 months and I can now see that we are way past July 20th, currently on September 1st, yet I haven't heard/received ANYTHING more. Is that normal? Or should I start ringing up? I see the embassy have a phone number but it's £1.20 a minute!! Don't want to phone unless it's necessary.
F-4 ...have you filed for a sibling
Old Oct 31st 2010, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Yes, brother/sister relationship.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 2:12 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, brother/sister relationship.
Depending on their country you have to wait betwwen nine amd nineteen years before a visa will be available ...
the person cannot wait in the US ...
Old Oct 31st 2010, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

I'm more than aware of the 9 year wait, what I am waiting for is simply the approval of my petition.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 2:28 pm
Ray

I'm more than aware of the 9 year wait, what I am waiting for is simply the approval of my petition.
That will probably arrive in the next few years that just means they believe the relationship
Old Oct 31st 2010, 3:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Since there is no visa number immediately available for your sibling, there is no hurry for the I-130 to be approved. Your I-130 does not have priority for approval, they give that first to those who have a visa number immediately available, when someone has time, they will get around to approving yours. I don't think you can use that link they gave you to calculate your approval date....your can be approved at any time in the next several years.

Rene
Old Oct 31st 2010, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Wow that's crazy, it just makes me nervous to sit around for years and not now whether or not the application is in good order or not.

So when checking the USCIS visa bulletin, would I be waiting for the F4 category to move to July 2010?
Old Oct 31st 2010, 4:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

So when checking the USCIS visa bulletin, would I be waiting for the F4 category to move to July 2010?
Yes.

Rene
Old Oct 31st 2010, 5:21 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Well, they prioritize the work load based on the visa availability too, so I wouldn't hold too much hope out for your petition being on anyone else's schedule. It also will not make an iota of difference to when a visa is available for you.
There are people with visa numbers available and an urgent need for the petition approval. I wouldn't be surprised or upset if yours is set aside for a quiet time.

Wow that's crazy, it just makes me nervous to sit around for years and not now whether or not the application is in good order or not.
It's not an application, it's a petition. All that is required is to prove the citizenship and relationship. If you answered it honestly, there shouldn't be any issue or problem to be nervous about.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 5:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

A wise woman once said to you:

Originally Posted by meauxna
Remember, don't watch I-130 approval rates or think anything is happening if your petition is approved fairly quickly.. the petition date sets your place in the queue but you have to have a visa number available for it to do you any good.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

So to clarifiy, when my petition is finally approved at some point in the future, will my priority date be July 2010, or will it be the date of when it is approved?

Also as for visa numbers being available, is that not what the 10 year wait is for? And I understand that right now I do not have a solid place in the queue, but when can I expect to have one?

Thanks for the help!
Old Oct 31st 2010, 5:46 pm

The petition submission date = the priority date. (June something 2010 )

The visa number wait is the ten or so years that's been mentioned to you. See the Visa Bulletin for more detail.

You do have a place in the queue. The date your I-130 was submitted, aka your Priority Date.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

John Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud ofJohn Manley has much to be proud of

I take it you are living in the U.K. and that the U.S. Consulate has accepted processing for the I-130. Typically, the U.S. citizen has to file at the Service Center with jurisdiction over where he lives in the U.S.

Regardless of where you file, you should not want the I-130 to come too quickly, particularly if your sibling has children who are under 21 years of age. Under the Child Status Protection Act, the longer it takes to adjudicate the I-130, the more protection the children have under CSPA. For your reference, the last 2 of these F4 I-130s I processed took two years to receive an approval.

Old Nov 3rd 2010, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by John Manley
I take it you are living in the U.K. and that the U.S. Consulate has accepted processing for the I-130. Typically, the U.S. citizen has to file at the Service Center with jurisdiction over where he lives in the U.S.

Regardless of where you file, you should not want the I-130 to come too quickly, particularly if your sibling has children who are under 21 years of age. Under the Child Status Protection Act, the longer it takes to adjudicate the I-130, the more protection the children have under CSPA. For your reference, the last 2 of these F4 I-130s I processed took two years to receive an approval.
hmm, a very interesting detail and important to bring up.. thank you!

This OP posted previously that they are 19 years old; they haven't mentioned any children of their own.
What makes this one interesting to me is that the USC sibling who filed the petition lives in the UK (hence the London USCIS filing). I wonder how it will all go down exactly, when the time comes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.